don't click here

Make Time Eater Suck Less

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Harmony Friends, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    WHAT DOES THIS DO:

Note that I said "make it suck less", not "make it not suck". I can't fix any of the horrible control problems or that the fight is pretty dumb in general. What I did do however was swap out the plodding, uninteresting music with the Sonic Boom cover by Crush 40 and Cash Cash from the recent Sonic CD soundtrack rerelease (itself a studio version of what was originally performed at Sonic Boom 2011). More importantly, I got rid of LOOK OUT SONIC IT'S A HOMING SHOT and everything else the cast of side characters say. Only talking you'll hear in the battle is from the Eggmen. Eggmans? Do note that you'll still have to disable the subtitles in the options yourself, though.

HOW TO USE:

You need to have CPKREDIR/SonicGMI installed already. Look elsewhere for how to do that. Once you have Generations set up for moddability, just unzip the modpack into your /mods/ folder, and enable it in SonicGMI like any other mod.

If by any chance you want to keep the original Time Eater music intact, just delete the "SNG17_BLB" folder in /mods/MakeTimeEaterSuckLess/Sound/. Deleting the other folder, "30VCE_BLB_NP_EN", will make the side characters start yapping again. I have no idea why the hell you'd want that, but uh, if you're a masochist, there you go.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Sometimes it just doesn't work right. If that happens, chalk it up to Generations modding being really finicky and inconsistent and restart. It definitely surely works some of most of the time.

DOWNLOAD:

http://webspace.hinchy.us/MakeTimeEaterSuckLess.7z

2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

New Lenox, IL
    Generations Level (Experimenting)
    Simple, but I love it. I can not explain my endless amounts of love for Crush 40 and Cash Cash's cover of Sonic Boom, and it fits perfectly with the Time Eater fight - especially over the extremely repetitive default music. Plus the other characters really did bother me a bit as much as I say they don't xD. Thanks for making this bro - honestly it's surprise people haven't already.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    First reason not to download this mod HAHA.

Seriously I just think they've... ruined the song? Autotune specially, but that was a fault of Cash Cash.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    To be honest I just replaced it with "Right There, Right On" because I'm lazy and as far as I'm concerned, it works.

5. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

Good job reading the first post and seeing the instructions I plainly wrote out on how to disable the Sonic Boom music swap but keep the disabled character voices because I know that some people probably would want that.

6. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

My personal choice is "Sonic Youth". I know the song might not be that good, but given that the game is about re-imagining stuff from old games, a song that references just about every other Sonic theme song seems really fitting.

If you don't believe me, watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4P_Htd8FT4
    If you still don't agree with me... go do your own thing. I won't stop you. :P

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Needs more Trainer Red
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buifCKc9RNU&feature=related

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Time Eater is one of my favourite tracks in the game, actually. So sue me. =P

That said, stripping out the endless THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT ;_; makes this worth the download, once the music "fix" has been corrected.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This times 1000000000. That will make the final battle better. OMG I can't stand that noise.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    What he said. Time Eater is an awesome theme, but it's clearly not for everyone. I WOULD be all over making everyone else stfu though.

11. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Time Eater is a good theme, but I think the Time Eater fight (besides some much needed gameplay fixing) NEEDED to have a phase two with Sonic Youth playing in the background, the homing shot calls are FAR less annoying to non-existant, probably because the Song drowns them out.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like an orchestral Green Hill Zone would have suited the battle nicely.

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Just to clarify, Sonic Youth didn't even EXIST when Sonic Generations came out.

14. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

I like the Time Eater song as a song but I feel like it doesn't have the proper energy for the final boss fight. I like hearing it in cutscenes and stuff, but I don't like playing to it, if that makes any sense.

A lot of people just straight-up hate it too, so I figured I'd put in a song replacement for those people (and people like myself).

If you like the music though, it's extremely simple to revert the music but keep the other character voices out of the battle, as I've said in my first post.

15. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth

Damn, I might be late to the party but god damn does this theme fits the fight. To bad this single wasnt made for Generations, if just fits!