don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Maybe not legitimately...

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Haha, action replay, I remember thoses days, when you could cheat when you wanted, and console makers didnt firmware it into oblivion.

I personally got everything in SA2B properly, but unfortunatly I lost my game data (thank GOD Chao data is seperate, I didnt loose that) so I lost all my gamegame data, then I broke out the action replay lol

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Yeah, I only ever got Green Hill with AR... I was never terrible, but I was never extraordinary :P I fully expect to fail in this version as well :P

Anyone who was there who can vouch for how tight the control response is for this version?

4. I bought SA2B the other day and luckily I still have my save files for it on my old Gamecube memory card, so I loaded it up and could pick any level, so I tried a few thinking "mannn I'm gonna A Rank these now I'm OLDER and BETTER AT GAMES" then I kept getting Bs and Cs.

How did I even get those As I had before I had no idea.

good thing I had almost all the Emblems for the Chao garden though, thanks to the fact that way back when I used to play Sonic Advance 2 to death I had some uber chao on it with incredibly high stats already in the game, so I could easily breeze through most of the chao races and whatnot.

5. Rail Road

Rail Road

The emblems in SA aren't so bad. I couldn't get them when I was younger, but now they seemed pretty easy to get. The mission mode is such bull shit. I spent nearly two hours on mission 53 and spent about a half hour on the tails mission in ice cap. I can't wait for SA2 to rerelease to try for the emblems. Hopefully I'll be able to transfer my Chao from SA1 XBLA.

I'd like to mention how much better the controls feel with Xbox controller over the Gamecubes. That's my main reason for even buying these ports.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    One thing that we have now to us old folks is Youtube, thats seriously helped me getting some A ranks that ripped my hair out when I was a kid.

And I still got my Skullman to help me with whatever console I go to. Good 'ole Skullman, Take a chao, keep it neutral, feed it nothing but skulldogs via the Knuckles Pumpkin Hill life glitch and before you know it (which is about 2 weeks realtime) you got a decent stat chao. I like to feed it 1 of every animal after its 1st full evolution run just to get it the unique animal traits (dragon fire breathing, otter swimming, gorilla chest pounding, etc.) then start feeding it Bats and Half-Fish to round out the stats the Skulldog doesn't cover. Why call him "Skullman"? because I used a white chao the first time I did this and placed a skull on his head and thought it was cool.

There, gave you the recipe for getting those chao races/karate done.

7. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Well, since they're making anything from Battle DLC, then we won't have any Chao Karate to deal with until we buy that.

8. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Say, do you think they might throw in the DLC from the actual Dreamcast version, or just stick with the Battle stuff?

9. Hukos

Hukos

Back when I first played SA2 on the Dreamcast (This was back when it was right after it was released and I was a teenager) I managed to get all 180 emblems. Without AR. On multiple files. :v:

Oh I had so much free time as a naive teenager. If only I could replicate that feat.

Also Mad Space 4th mission A-rank can royally fuck off. It's been years since I last attempted it and I still have nightmares from it.

10. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Every single one of Mad Space's missions can royally fuck off as far as I'm concerned =P It's one of the most awful, frustrating levels in the history of Sonic.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You (and everybody else, for that matter) seem to have forgotten about the driving sections in this very game. =P

12. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    Mad Space is pretty easy once you learn it. I really don't have problems with any of the treasure hunting levels. Or the speed levels. Or Eggman's levels...

But Tails' all suck. Like, really badly. You can tell less effort was put into them compared to the Eggman ones.

And yeah the driving ones are a bitch. Don't hit any cars? Alright. Tell that to the SUV that decided to MERGE INTO THE LANE RIGHT WHERE I WAS :argh:

13. RolfTheUber

RolfTheUber

Seattle, WA
    School
    Getting A-ranks in SA2 isn't really as hard as you might think it is. They typically boil down to:
    Sonic/Shadow: Get tons of rings and never get hit.
    Tails/Eggman: Don't die.
    Knuckles/Rouge: Abuse the fact that the collectibles don't change location after retrying from the pause menu.

Of the three, the Sonic/Shadow levels are the ones that give me the most trouble. As for the driving levels, it's mostly a matter of figuring out how the turning works. Simply finishing the levels was usually enough to get the A-rank.

As for Cannon's Core, I can't really say. I never even tried A-ranking that one.

14. Miles3298

Miles3298

Are you talking about the Dreamcast version? I've only played the GC version and some of that seems to be wrong. The Tails/Eggman missions are all about destroying as many things at a time as possible while finishing relatively quickly (not destroying enemies is bad for your rank, especially on Cosmic Wall), and the Knuckles/Rouge collectables do change places unless you're playing Hard Mode.

15. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    The collectibles don't change in SA1, but they do in SA2.

16. Hukos

Hukos

Am I the only one who never had a rough time with the driving missions? Maybe it's cause I've played quite a few racing games before, but getting a hold on the handling on the vehicles wasn't that hard.

Mad Space can still fuck off and die, however.

Has any hacker found out how to manipulate the locations of the shards? It's been a while since I played SA2 but it seems like there's a fixed number of locations they can randomly be in at any one time (I swear I've seen the same shard in the same place across multiple playthroughs of the same level). Could be interesting for someone to hack into once SA2 comes to Steam.

17. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Just because I didn't mention them, doesn't mean I don't remember them =P I don't think I'll ever forget them to be honest...

18. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I don't think I ever touched those driving missions other than when I'm in Story Mode. Those goals...yeah.
    Mad Space, as far as I can remember, wasn't too bad, especially when you memorize some of the common spots where the M.E. Shards are. Though I cannot remember how many missions I actually attempted on that level.

19. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I never got all A ranks legit, all because of one level... actually I'm sure there were other levels I hadn't gotten to yet when I tried but Cosmic Wall's A rank score in Battle seemed simply impossible to me back then, no matter what I had tried. Not sure if it was the normal or Hard Mode mission or what, though.

20. Miles3298

Miles3298

Might have been both. The score requirement is pretty big in Battle.