don't click here

After all these years...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ComPro, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
  2. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    When playing with Knuckles, yes. And that bass added to the tune still feel ominous.

3. Vangar

Vangar

Yup, those things still give me the creeps too. It's one of those levels that doesn't feel very 'sonicy' to me, so the whole level is a bit of a chore for me to play.

4. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    No matter how aware I am of it being an arm, I'm forever going to see that arm as a nose.

5. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
    I never saw it like that before, but now what is seen cannot be unseen.

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I've ALWAYS seen it like that, and no matter how I look at it it always will be. It's just where they placed it.

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    they always make me nervous for some reason...I have to run around to find and pull a trigger everytime the small one shows up.

8. dsrb

dsrb

“...he is still with me”?

[​IMG]

Also, ? General Sonic Discussion

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

They never creep me out but I do always rush to get to the next light so they don't end up getting bold and attacking me. They're a pain. Were they trapped souls or did Robotnik kidnap animals and they died? That's never really explained!

Edit: The info on our wiki says Iizuka says they were already trapped when they were ghosts. Mystery solved, Scoob.

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Am I the only one who actually avoided turning the lights on just so that the level was more of a challenge? =P

Fuck me, never noticed that before. I always thought they were noses too =P

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Yeah, a long while ago, I eventually came to the conclusion that they were ghosts of animals who died inside the capsule, and that they were pissed at Sonic (or anyone who opened it) for not saving them soon enough. This made Sandopolis Act 2 feel quite dark for me for a while. Glad that it is actually explained now lol.

Also, if I'm Super or Hyper, I sometimes just leave the lights off, just to be able to smack them.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    They never "scared" me per se, but I always got anxious when I saw them show up. Coupled with the fact that it took a while for me to realize I should jump from one never-ending sand slide to the other and gave them enough time to get big, Sandopolis Act 2 always drove me crazy.

And I always saw that arm as a fang, and it wasn't until you posted that picture that I thought of it as anything different :P

13. Hukos

Hukos

You guys realize that spindashing makes you completely invincible to them, right? :v:

Anyway, they never really scared me, but I've played games that have much bigger nightmare fuel factors (*CoughEcco1Cough*) so it never got to me.

14. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Agreed with TheKazeblade. They remind of those bastard ghosts in Sonic Adventure 2 when you're playing as Knuckles on Death Chamber and Aquatic Mine and they would jump out on you and disappear.

Also these sods at 2:29

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I cant see it that way thankfully. The arm is far too off centre (it starts behind his head) for it to look like a nose.

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This, not to mention that seeing the other arm constantly keeps me from thinking it's a nose.

17. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    ...And also the eyes are in a much different position.

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    By who, the Ghostbusters?!

Btw, they still creep me out too. Who/what were they...and why? I still have this zone for introducing ghosts into this universe.....which made aliens seem like nothing down the line.

19. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I can't believe I wouldn't have ever known that was really an arm if it wasn't for you mentioning it.

It never even crossed my mind. I've always assumed it was a nose, I mean look at it.

[​IMG]

20. Miles3298

Miles3298

Those things scared me when I was "can't quite read yet" young. Don't really bother me anymore, though I still frantically rush to the next light fixer when it starts to get darker. I normally go through the zone fast enough that it doesn't even get that dark anyway, hitting all the things along the way.

The arm looks way too far away from the center of the eyes to resemble a nose. I have to try to look at it that way to see it as one.