don't click here

Sonic AYII

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Lapper, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Flipside

Flipside

Aw that's too bad. It would have been epic if a game maker game rivaled an official Sega game! I'd love to see some of the zone concepts. :)

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    This is the pitfall of making projects like this a democracy. Don't do shit like this. If you want to make your game in Game Maker, fuck everyone else, it's your game. No, it isn't the most powerful tool, but if you think you can do a good job with it, don't follow the whims of a forum so indecisive and schizophrenic that we spent months debating what shade of blue a sky should be.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wait hold up, there was an ACTUAL serious discussion about this?!

My god, I just have to see that one of these days.

4. Flipside

Flipside

Yeah, I think Guess Who is right. Make something epic in game maker! I can't wait to see some special stages.

I think someone mentioned having S3&K rings but with a required number of rings to enter. The ring would be grey if you don't have the rings.

I think it would be sweet if a stage that you'd need 5 rings to go in would give you 55 rings if you had the emeralds. One with a limit of 20 would give 70 rings, and one with 50 would give you 100 rings for the win!!!

Oh and is this going to be one game, or a game split in 3 parts? It would be cool if you had the first 2 parts and could get hyper sonic and play as metal sonic. I might be getting ahead of myself here...

5. Robotnikclause

Robotnikclause

Banned
    Travis AFB, California
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Game Gear
    C'mon, just use Game Maker. If you don't settle for Game Maker for now, it looks like your going to get absolutely nowhere.

6. winterhell

winterhell

From what I've seen so far of different projects, you can expect the game to have the same requirements as Generations. Then again I've yet to see a released AAA game in GM done in 1080p or 720p.

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I would like to explain the lack of progress here.

Well. I'll cut it short:
    Like a fucking idiot I deleted everything. Everything I did for it is gone.

I'm definitely not happy about it, and I don't know what is happening now, but most likely nothing.

I'm sorry to anyone who may have been excited about this.

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Sad to hear. Hopefully you'll take what you learned and apply it in whatever your next endeavour may be, which I look forward to seeing. :)

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    and is it a bit late to start over? or did you lose interest on this project altogether? anyways, sad to hear this as well, but looking forward on whatever you may do in the future.

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Well at the moment I am creating a new (Game Maker, of course) platformy slopey engine, which maybe one day I will transform into a Sonic engine.
    It's looking pretty funky actually. Better than my old one.

Edit::::
    I really don't want to start over. -_-
    Sorry.

11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Can't you make the engine in Construct Classic, and then I'll steal it from you? *cough* Well, good luck with it. As I said, I look forward to seeing it. :)

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well that sucks. Sorry to hear, Sonica.

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Sad day :( The Sonic sprites you were developing were gorgeous, and I'm sad we won't get to see them in action. Oh well, such is life.

14. Oh man that's a shame to hear. I actually just came onto the forums today to check and see how this game was coming along and I find it to have just been cancelled? Well good luck with your future projects.

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    You deleted it? Any specifics as to how it happened? You might be able to get it back depending on what happened.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    It was quite a while ago now. Back in july I think. About when I left for a bit. I was really pissed off.
    I did try to get it back, no luck obviously.

Anyway, my new enginey thing could potentially become something, by me or anyone. It tries to be the most simple 360 degree engine like this (I think... I cant imagine a simpler one being as good), once I turn it Sonic it should probably remind you of damizeans Game Maker engines (but much more simple, plus with better physics). So yeah.

17. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ah, damn... Well, all the best with your future projects, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

18. This is sad that this has been discontinued but hopefully there will be other projects like this. I am in the making of some HD projects... Such as Sonic Chaos HD, and Sonic Triple Trouble HD, as you can see that is my sprite for Triple Trouble below in my signature.

19. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    Then why start the project in the first place? Kind of makes me wonder whether people who make fan games or original ones for that matter make them for the purpose of attempting to impress people plus to get their name on something or if they make it for themselves, which is what the creation of a video game is supposed to be about.
    Not wanting to start over makes me think that you, like most people who makes Sonic the Hedgehog fan games today, wanted to start something meaningless to yourself.
    No offense.

20. Really? He has all the art, why not have someone else program it while you are doing the Art Sonica?