don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Nah, we'll figure it out soon enough, don't you worry ;)

Anyway, no idea if anyone else here realised, but I was playing Sonic Adventure DX yesterday and realised that the Invincibility theme had a bit of jingle from Toot Toot Sonic Warrior in it. How goddamn awesome is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlizGTfTjyg

It starts at 4 seconds.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Yeah, it does! It also has a resemblance with It Doesn't Matter, but that is more clear. I also find Toot Toot Sonic Warrior and It Doesn't Matter quite similar...

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Somebody please trash all the related comments from this topic, so nobody will ever mistake them for authentic again.

4. Okay, I am sure you guys have been bombarded with this, but I just KNOW its a subject matter that does NOT need a topic for, being a rumor most likely...

I apologize if this has been asked earlier, and- Bah, I'll just come out and say it. :v:

Is it true that a certain overweight violet feline is being relieved of his duties?

5. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Wasn't that just a joke from Sonic Stadium? I've my doubts SEGA cares enough about Big to say specifically "yeah we're dropping him" when they can simply continue to do what they did for years, IE, not use him.

6. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    It WAS a joke of Sonic Stadium, but everyone fell on it ( and I can't even imagine why,as it was very clear that it was just an april fools joke). They asked Ken Balough iif it was true, and he said yes. But...really, I don't think this is real. How can Balough know what are Sega Japan's thinking about big? It's not a very important character.

7. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I thought all Ken had said was that they weren't focusing on Big. As in, what they've done since Sonic Heroes.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Characters never really get dropped, but they just aren't used for ages. A major games comes out once a year, so if they don't use him for three years, that doesn't mean he's now gone, it just means that they, well, 'we' don't want to see him every damn game.

Big isn't exactly a star character either. How many times can you get him to look for Froggy and how long will it take for that joke to get old?

9. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Or characters are never used again, such as the way for Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, Fang, Tails Doll, and Metal Knuckles...oh and Mecha anyone. They never drop anyone, true, they just don't have anything for certain characters (like the ones I listed). Unless they can overhall them, Mighty and Ray are pretty much the other Sonic and Tails, sure you can give them unique moves and all (like something from the comics), but unless there is gonna be a spin-off game I don't really see them coming back somehow. Same goes for Fang, he was pretty much another enemy for Sonic and Knuckles, almost a rival of sorts, but with Shadow and Rouge around what else is there for him? I'll say this though, Bean and Bark should have been in Sonic Battle, at LEAST as Secret Characters, they debut and were made for a fighting game for the love of god, sure it wasn't a traditional fighter but it was still a fighter. As for any other Mecha (or Doll in one case) counterparts, Metal Sonic pretty much takes up that roll as the villain that's the Robot counterpart of the Hero, it would be a tiny bit redundent to have another one around, well unless there is a rivalry with that said character, which would be interesting.

It's sad I know, but sometimes that's just the way it works, personally I don't mind Big (and though his gameplay in SA was hilarious) though, and call me crazy, but when the hell is Omega gonna take Gamma's gameplay from SA and be playable, the bot's a walking armory, I'd love to smash up robots and shoot them down again! But hey, a man can dream.

10. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Well I don't really class Tails Doll and Mecha Knuckles as proper characters. They were playable extras in one game but were minor roles in a minor game which were essentially just badniks.

Characters like Omega need to be brought back though. They had that whole killing Eggman thing going on which just stopped. We need some more crazy stuff like that in the Sonic games again as they've gone back to being too basic recently.

I also didn't mind Big, I wasn't a fan of the fishing missions though it was a nice mini game. I also didn't mind him in Heroes, so as long as he isn't just shoved in to a game for the sake of it I'm fine with thatnow he's an established character.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Personally I'd like to see one of the metals fill omega's place. I would like to see Metal Knuckles have a roll like that, since, you know, he doesn't look like a trash can.

12. Didn't Metal Knuckles make second appearance in Sonic Advance 1 as a miniboss or something?

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ^This, yes please trash it all I'am soo sorry I ever brought it up and sully this topic with it.

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    No that's Mecha Knuckles.

15. I want a confirmation on this about the beta Sky Chase dragon.

Is it true that he has always been there, but was just "hidden" behind the camera, thus you could see him following you the whole time if you move the camera via an external method?

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    No. It's only there if you add it to the object layout yourself.

17. I don't think this topic is the topic for a question like this, so I'll ask if it is before getting into anything...

Can I ask here for speedrunning general tips and tricks in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? :ohdear:

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher

19. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I decided to dick around with the demo bug in Sonic the Hedgehog (REV00) today (if you hold C, you can cancel out Sonic's jumps, resulting in hilariously impotent demos - this is fixed in REV01), when I got wondering: is it possible to collect the Chaos Emerald in the Special Stage demo?

After half an hour or so of dicking around with it, I can confirm that the answer, amusingly enough, is "yes". Let the demo play through for the most part, such that he's attacking the side closest to the entrance, but once he hits the R on the corner of the goal, hold the jump button such that he falls back down toward that side (if you do it to late, he jumps off the R and winds up on the complete opposite side instead, as in the normal demo). I haven't really worked out a consistent strategy after this point, admittedly, but Sonic can accidentally wind up grabbing the emerald from here. The demo just ends abruptly, though.

Amusingly, future Special Stage demos will now start in SS2. Selecting "Special Stage" from the level select puts you in SS3, and failing it confirms that you have the emerald the demo Sonic grabbed. Starting the game normally, however, resets your emerald count back to 0.

Just a cute little tidbit. If you'd like to take a look at the effects without doing it yourself, I have a Kega Fusion 3.64 save state here.

20. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    Heh, that's pretty cool. There's a slightly related condition in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which again only manifests itself through the level select. If you let the special stage demo play out, emerald 2 will be set to state 2 (collected Chaos Emerald, turned in at Hidden Palace, but haven't collected the Super Emerald) and will remain so if you start going places in the level select; all other collected emeralds seem to get erased. It's not possible to change the stage that plays in the demo, though, and similarly, if you start a game from the save screen, the emerald count will be reset correctly (so you would need to have put the level select code in before watching the demo.)