don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Alriightyman

Alriightyman

I am back... from the dead! Tech Member
    Somewhere in hot, death Florida
    0101001101101111011011100110100101100011 00000010: 0101001100000011 01000101011001000110100101110100011010010110111101101110
    I may be a bit weird, but I love the all black look! You should make a hack that revolves around that.

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The gimmick I am planning for this, is that you would have to find said monitors to return all the color to the levels and Sonic. As it stands, every stage is grayscale/black and white right now.

3. I was once planning to make a game with a gimmick like this, so I wish you the best of luck! Also, I could have sworn I saw another Sonic hack that did this, but the music would change as well. I believe it was called Jester's Challenge or something like that...

4. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0524ZyEm-I

That's jester's challenge.

5. Yep, the ice monitor there is what I was referring to. I don't even remember if that power was even useful or not, but you've gotta admit it was cool...

6. pablodrago

pablodrago

BS AS

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Very interesting stuff, the layout looks really fun to play there, unlike the layouts we usually get where we have the urging need to just get through it without a sense of enjoyment. Things from the original game are put to use there magnificently, I see a few seperate paths in places for alternate routes, and the mixture of textures work together perfectly in my opinion, great work.

8. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    what was the original song?

9. pablodrago

pablodrago

BS AS
    Thanks, is my 2º level port with a full layout, so I hope everyone enjoy the level
    was a guitar cover of Flying Battery Zone made by Leslie Wai, if I have time I will use this song in-game (giving credit of course)

10. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
    More progress for my S3K hack.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wanted to give Launch Base that feel of a Robotnik Base. So I've done away with the bushes in favour of rows of factories and towers. (From Quartz Quadrant Bad Future)

Those orange mountains will change eventually too :)

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber

Hmmm... I'm 50/50 on this. I will say that the art choices doesn't look great (my art skills are shit, I'm a fine one to speak, eh?), and the background clashes. But the palette makes it look... good, and better detailed. As soon as I set my eyes on it, I thought "Wow, that looks.... okay".

That's my opinion.

12. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]

whathaveIdone.sanic

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Now that looks interesting. =P

14. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    That's clever as hell. I'd like to see other bosses with a twist.

15. dsrb

dsrb

It might be clever as hell, but I'd hold off on saying so until a video or something shows how it actually works. If all that happens is that it makes you wait for it to break its way out before having the same old battle, nothing of value is gained. No offence, GTK, but we really need context to judge this one.

16. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    I was just screwing around, learning how the s3k minibosses work. All I did was increase the initial speed when it came down, so this isn't the second coming of Christ. Since the top launches to the right, it destroys the whole right side leaving the left side as a high block. Really, it is unfit for a serious battle because most of the time when you attack the main body it is too low compared to your non damaged high block platform, and if you don't get a high enough bounce back you are screwed. But oh yes, the intro is showy.

I already changed it back like an hour after that post, have to have everything normal to change something else and see its effect you know? Personally, I think the time I attached the "follow object in this case the main player character" subroutine to its movement was a lot more interesting.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Hey, thanks for explaining. Hope I didn't come across as dismissive, because it does sound fairly interesting, even despite your disclaimers!

Heh, cool – even if the battle itself doesn't flow so well, I'd like to see that intro if you ever feel like making a video or something. :)

Ah, so the entire machine was following the character, not just the spinner? In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Hacking S3&K is pretty much an automatic win in my eyes, but it's even better if it's done cleverly. :D

18. Mikel

Mikel

This looks really fantastic. The palette looks good, but the background looks like it will clash like RHS mentioned.

Keep it up. I can't wait to see more progress done to S3K: A New Lease of Life. :)

19. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    You want a video you got a got a video!

HERE WE GOOOOO...!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIGH0OGjfw[/youtube]

20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Wow, that's actually pretty damn impressive, I thought you only moved it down below the blocks, I wasn't expecting it to home in on you, neither was I expecting there to be a limited time that it would remain open for attacks. Do you plan on expanding on this any further? I always did think that four hits wasn't enough and that it lacked things in advance.