don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. NO. D:<

Mine's shipped too, apparently so quickly that the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, a day early. I'll probably have the booklet scans done first, as I have to use my ancient back-up laptop with an external CD drive.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Okay, I have the CD. I have no means to scan the booklet though, so would you rather get the tracks now and get the scans later or wait for the total package (assumedly) later today from Ashram?

+ - I kind of want to keep my copy sealed, too...   :ohdear:

3. So, funny story. (Okay, not really.) For some reason, the scanner on my printer is failing to do its job, so I decided to do the album rip first. I'll see if I can't get it working hopefully today; if not, I'll have to wait until my main computer comes back from the repair shop, which unfortunately is like in a few weeks.

Just keep yours sealed, Skyler. :P

Edit: http://www.4shared.com/rar/5GD_5B6L/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_4_Episode_I.html

Ding, album's done.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Many thanks!

EDIT: Wait a second. These are shorter than the iTunes versions.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Thanks, Ashram.

And wow. I didn't expect anything special but it's literally no different to the game rips, except they didn't include the E1 map theme. And for some reason, E2 comes first.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Thanks! :)

7. Flare

Flare

Thought I may document a little bug I came across - not sure if it's been said before so sorry if I repeat myself and not sure if this happens on all versions (this is iOS version).

There is a water blowing thing that is underwater, if you press against it when its not blowing and wait for it to blow, it pushes your character close to the screen making them appear giant (sadly I can never be quick enough to take a picture while Sonic is really big, but Tails takes a bit longer to shrink so it was easy for him), then they slowly shrink. I did this with Super Sonic because I think Sonic normally will get pushed back where as SS can fight against the pressure. Doesn't break anything as far as I am aware and fixes itself after a bit but cool.

Click to view bigger snaps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I've never heard of this before. Let me go try it out.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Lol the water looks better on the mobile version because it lacks that stupid HDR that makes it look too clear xD (hey I like HDR but it wasn't nicely done on Sonic 4).

10. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm not able to pull it off. Could you show the exact part of the level where you did it?

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That's not a glitch, it's a tribute to Knuckles Chaotix. :v:

12. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I can't pull this off either, tried with and without Super Sonic on the iPhone version.

EDIT: I feel like a jerk. Tried it just now and it worked. Would upload pics but mobile.

13. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I dunno if this has been asked before, but does Episode Metal work on iOS?

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes indeed it does.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

16. Flare

Flare

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vIjcDPuVA[/youtube]

Here is a video of the glitch, and a few things that it can cause.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In random news, Sega has released an iOS patch for... Sonic 4 Episode 1. I have no idea what it does yet, it says "General bug fixes and Optimization"

Let's find out

EDIT: From what I can tell, it adds a pop up ad that says "BUY SONIC 4 EPISODE 2!" That's all I can tell. I really forgot how shitty Ep 1 looks on the iphone though. Damn.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Can someone try to enhance my extended version of SCz Act 3 (here)? :P

This is OK as it is but we have lots of talented people that would make the first part sound less empty.

I used the same techique used in Sylvania Castle 1 & 2. Removing the back support and tweaking the melody a bit.

19. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Finally purchased and played the game for the first time (co-oped with Gene).

Holy shit it was soooooo fun. Like, I went in expecting more of the same from Ep 1 but it was actually improved to a degree where I had a ton of fun! Very surprised, very glad I bought it.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Watch yourselves, the update to Sonic 4 Ep I iOS deletes ALL your data. Obviously your leaderboard stuff is now set in stone forever but you'll lose all your save data and stuff. Not really worth it when the update doesn't fix anything.