don't click here

Sonic 2: Battle Race

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ColinC10, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ColinC10

ColinC10

Tech Member
    Just to let you know that I've added a video to the first page showing the hack being played, for anyone who wants to see how it looks in action with two players.

Hmm, good spot. I hadn't even considered that.

Yes, and if I'd started making the hack now I would have used Sonic 1 and 2 as the base instead of vanilla Sonic 2. I don't intend to do anything else with this particular hack, but I might incorporate it as a 2P mode in future hacks if enough people like it.

Yep, the rather half-assed Start+B function to reset the players was my only idea on this front.

This is in the original game and is still allowed in Battle Race, but only if both players do it. If one player cheats and the other player takes the normal route then the non-cheater wins the point.

Thanks for your comments! :)

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Just letting you know Colin, I added this hack to the wiki Sonic 2: Battle Race. Combining Sonic and Micro Machines? Awesome idea for a hack.

3. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I have not played this hack yet, but from the video and the concept alone... I love it. This is exactly how the two player mode should have been like to start with. :)/>

Edit: Also didn't realize how old this was. Not sure how I missed this back then. >.>

4. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Oh... a post, and here I thought that there was some kind of update.