don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I'm betting Banjo & Kazooie, Ratchet & Clank, and Mario for platform-specific, non-Sega characters. However, making certain Sega characters platform-specific seems like a dick move. In what way could that be helpful to the sales of the game? How many people truly buy multiple copies of the same game on different platforms for their differences? Oh wait, this is a company who has that True Blue Initiative to get people to buy all of the versions of the Sonic 4 episodes. Nevermind.

2. What if, by saying that, they might just be "console exclusive for awhile then they'll be available for all as DLC later" type deal. I mean if I recall Soul Calibur 4 did something similar, Darth Vader was an exclusive to PS3 while Yoda was exclusive to 360, then afew months later they released them as DLC for both consoles.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I just hope Wreck-It Ralph is on all the console versions. That would be stupid to not have him in the 360 version considering that the movie game is only getting a 3DS + Wii release. If I get stuck with Danica Patrick, I'm gonna be pissed.

4. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Are you kidding? That would be hilarious:

"Well, we've taken a look at the typical gaming crowds for each console, and have narrowed down which exclusive drivers to give each. For the fun and fantasy loving Nintendo crowd, you guys get Mario driving a go-kart. For the platforming fans of the Playstation, we're going to bring you Jak and Daxter on an A-Grav Zoomer. And for you xbox fans... well, we saw that you like super-realistic shooters and super realistic football, so we decided to give you super realistic racer, Danica Patrik!"

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Nathan Drake has to be in instead of Jak & Daxter. Else the Naughty Dog cycle of three main games and a kart racer for each franchise won't be fulfilled.

6. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    ^ Still fingers crossed for SONY asking Naughty Dog for Unkarted :specialed:

God. New page. I was responding to TimmiT

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    [​IMG]

THE DREAM LIVES ON, FOLKS

no, seriously, I will actually buy your kart racer if Captain Falcon is in it, Sega

Do you hate my money?

8. Hukos

Hukos

Dude, everyone would buy it if Captain Falcon was in it.

9. The Blue Falcon should transform into the Falcon Flyer when airborne. I can't think of what it'd do for water, though.

10. A Falcon submarine of course :specialed:

But seriously, while I don't see it happpening, they tend to surprize us sometimes, although not in the way we expect.

...I wish they'd announce something, this lack of news is just causing TOO MUCH SUSPENSE ;_;

And I can't recall whether it was said to be released on PC also. If it is, will it have it's own exclusive character? Or will it just have all/one of the other exclusives. If it's on Steam, Heavy Weapons Guy for racer is a must.

11. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I love F-Zero, but without driving 900+ km/h while sideswiping other racers and getting BOOST POWER(!), it just wouldn't be the same. The mechanics are way too different for me to think Captain Falcon and the Blue Falcon have a place here.

Now if AV wanted to make F-Zero UX...

12. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    I want to play that ;-; Is that Trackmania?

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Looks like an actual mod of F-Zero GX to me.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Looks 'shopped, to me.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Obvious shop, which would only have been better if Sonic was running instead of being on a board.
    With a Bunny Hood.

16. Oh believe me, I considered it, but thought everyone should be hovering for this particular dive into daydreaming.

17. BulimicCannibal

BulimicCannibal

As much as I loved the first game I found I stopped playing it after a month or so, it just didn't hold my interest as well as Mario Kart did.

I just felt the first game was far too easy, I was winning all of my matches online but only because most people online seemed unaware of the importance
    of performing as many drifts as possible, the bare bones online mode didn't help either. I hope the sequel has more depth.

18. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Bonus edition of the game comes with an exclusive (or future DLC) track: OutRun Bay and character...guess who? Metal Sonic again.
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/01/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-bonus-edition-announced/

19. I dislike preorder bonus tracks, since this means online gets spilt by who owns the DLC and who doesn't. The character doesn't matter so much since basically, while you can't play as him, you can atleast race against him online, unlike the track which would probably be blocked to users who don't have this DLC.

Kinda disappointed there, the same deal happened in the first game too, they actually had to add a little thing saying whether you needed the DLC or not, which is silly.

Edit: Plus, it would've been nice if you was one of the people who bought the first game/the Metal Sonic DLC, to get him as a racer for free, to reward loyal followers.