don't click here

Spiral Knights Thread

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Oh man, oh man.

Spiral Knights.

If you haven't been playing, you totally should be.

[​IMG]

Spiral Knights is a free-to-play action-RPG MMO created by Three Rings, best known for the game Puzzle Pirates (RIP Salty Mouthfuls.) Sega bought Three Rings, and the rest is history. In the game, the player controls a knight of the Spiral Knights order, which has crash-landed on the mysterious planet Cradle. Knights collectively explore the Clockworks, the mechanized, constantly reorganizing dungeon that fills the planet's interior. The knights equip armor and weapons to aid them in their battles against the monsters inhabiting the Clockworks. When they are not exploring, knights trade with each other and with vendors, in order to improve their equipment. Despite the many references to both the Clockworks AND Knights, the game sadly has no relation to the Clockwork Knight franchise.

I assure you that the plot really does not matter.

Unlike traditional MMORPGs, Spiral Knights is a lot more casual. A lot. This isn't PSO2 by any stretch of the imagination. You have a variety of weapons—a sword, a gun and a bomb—and you traverse the world of the Clockworks, leveling up, getting new gear, and bullshitting around with cool people. Spiral Knights is to MMORPGs what bowling is to sports: not all that serious but still pretty fun, especially when you've had a beer or two. It's moderately challenging, but nothing you have to invest large amounts of time into to become a good player.

[​IMG]

You should play Spiral Knights with the Retro crew! Our official guild is the Clock Ork Knights (thanks, MainMemory!) It's a great time-waster and it's free.

2. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Being both cool and sexy, I was obligated to give this a shot.

Character design is cute, environs are appealing, sounds are nice -- from the first two missions I did, at least. I'm interested, but there's only so much I can gather from being with a party that only spoke (what appeared to be) Polish. May give this another go, see what I think.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Started playing the game again with a new knight. Username is Timmit or you can add me on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/timmit9/

4. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I got this game when it came out on Steam, but I haven't played it in a long time. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, but I had fun.

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    You know, I can't find anywhere how to locate a guild or I'd be bugging y'all.

6. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    I'd love to play some Spiral Knights, but I can't seem to get it to launch. First it was Steam telling me the game is unavailable. Now a blank window appears and then disappears seconds later. Task manager shows that both java and steam overlay processes are still running. I know I've played this game before, but now it doesn't want to work.

7. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Try right clicking the game and hitting "Validate Cache Files". It'll take a while to fully run, but it fixed my game of Counter Strike.

8. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    indeed, this game is quite fun, people from the SRB2 community and another got me into this, been enjoying it. I like the casual aspect of it as I can just play when I feel like it.

9. I totally need to play with you bros. Nothing sucks more than having to missions solo because no one joins my games.

Unlike everywhere else where I use my standard internet handle, I'm known as "Jondono" there.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't know why this game refuses to work for me. I keep trying to boot it up and I just get a javascript error saying the game cant be rendered and I should upgrade my graphics drivers (which are up to date.)

How very annoying.

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I play this before. I got bored of it, but I may play again. My steam name is "Azzuy".

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Sure, why not. Got the Metal Sonic gear, may as well use it.

13. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    It looks like you might need to friend me and then have me send you an invite (wtf?)

My name is

wait for it

Scarredsun

14. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    It's quite amazing to see how far Spiral has gone. I mean, it even has QUESTS now.

I'm CrasherTL, so yeah. Add me I guess?

15. gold lightning

gold lightning

Same here. Apparently Sega has added quite a bit since I last played and I have some Metal Sonic dlc waiting for me.

Here's my steam account.

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    So I finally got around to playing it again, using my Steam account.

The name's Artemiswlfx (don't ask), so add me if you can.

17. Alien Treasure

Alien Treasure

Bringing you Seven Force since 1993
    Rio Das Ostras, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
    Exploring Ristar's code, Sonic 1-3K Advance
    SP and TF2 are the games I most play in Steam, so I'll join you guys.

My Steam and SP name is potatogui, I'll join the guild soon.