don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    For those who may be interested, the Android version has been out for a few weeks.

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Microsoft might be partially to blame for this, although it's still Sega's fault for not encrypting the data.
    I know that over on the iOS side of things, Apple's guidelines for Game Center require a recovery mechanism for when the user isn't connected to the internet and earns a high score or achievement. The developer is required to retain that information and retry submitting at a future date, such as the next time a connection is available. When I released my first iOS game, I encrypted the save files to prevent someone from modifying data that would just be submitted the next time the game runs.
    I would guess that Microsoft has a very similar policy, given the many similarities between the services.

It makes sense, since you don't want to punish the user for not having a constant internet connection, but that puts extra work on the developer to prevent it from being abused.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  4. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Thank you so so so so much. I will do this justice.

I'd advise posting it to YouTube as well.

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Good Idea!

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Just like Sonic 4 Ep 1, this game vastly improves once you replace the soundtrack. I just played through white park, replacing Act 1 with Ice Cap Act 1, Act 2 with Carnival Night Act 1, Act 3 with Ice Cap Act 2, and the boss with the Metal Sonic song from Generations. It felt right. Much more right then the in game soundtrack.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's a matter of arrangement and what they asked Jun. If you look at solely the compostion you can see Sylvania Castle 1 is a much catchier song than Green Hill, for example. The bassline, everything is nice, upbeat and full of details.

Seriously isolate the bass+percussion from that midi and compare to this:

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Could you perhaps isolate the bass and percussion of SC1 for us? I'm curious to hear it, and lack the means to do it myself.

9. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfYUOpyd3Xo[/youtube]
    Thank you MasterEmerald for the MIDI. Other MIDIs of Episode II songs I have done have resulted with a bad tempo but this one of yours had a perfect tempo.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'm gonna travel now. I can do that when I come back but... I'd recommend Anvil Studio, very small. It can isolate the tracks you want to here and even modify the song.

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    So is anyone else who plays this on Steam interested in co-op? I usually don't ask around, but my brother's away at camp, and my other brother's not a Sonic fan AND is away at camp, so...

12. Peace Of Mind

Peace Of Mind

Washington, DC
    Lots of stuff in FL Studio
    I can never get the percussion to load with these MIDIs everything else works fine except the drums. Does anyone know what that is?

13. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Here's my end result, as well.

14. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Ok call me blasphemous but...

Am I the only one that likes the offbeat ducks?

The only real bad track is the Eggman battle, mainly because of that first boss fight, how short the track is, the instruments, and how long it takes to get to said boss fight with it playing the entire time.

15. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You're not the only one, I think that is one of the funkiest tracks in the game. Ducks, cats, I couldn't really care less, it sounds cool.

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Master Emerald, thank you for taking the time and effort to get it right! SOTI and Skyler, I love your interpretations! I hope to soon hear act 2 and 3 in this lovely style :)

17. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Right, that's it. Can there be a worldwide ban on Jun Senoue visiting pet shops, zoos, a circus, pet pounds or obtaining sound clips from the internet or the Discovery channel?

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    But DUCKS isn't possible on an actual Genesis, right?

You would have to insert it as like a sound effect like drums and Sonic 3.

What IS possible? I wonder about pitch bends and modulation but never got around to trying them. Unless there IS modulation and you could have DUCKS ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

19. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Episode 2 is over two months old and I still have yet to play it. I feel like I've missed out on a lot. Ughhh!

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All right, seriously? Stop with the cat and duck stuff. The jokes have long been dead and they're at the same level as the Sonic Cycle in terms of brainless argument point.