don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I was there, and so I can confirm that they announced the SA2 port there. The trailer was playing the music that was used when Sonic was in jail. It's coming this Fall. Also, for some reason, the beginning of the trailer had images of several pages of Sonic 4...announcements? (I just remember seeing webpages with Sonic 4 logos)

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The trailer was making fun of how every major Sonic announcement Sega has is always leaked out. It's nice seeing them honor that this happens and just make fun of it.

Our article was on it as well. :specialed:

3. I've been hoping SEGA would upload the trailer sometime, but since it's not a traditional trailer I'm not sure if it'll happen...

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Speaking of Dreamcasts, mine needs to get the battery in it replaced. I'm hesitating on sending it to anybody, and I'm not going to try and fix it myself for obvious reasons.

... Anyways, part of me really hopes that the Chao Garden will get expanded somehow for this release (online stuff). Maybe if it gets popular enough, it'll return for future games?

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Don't expect too much with an Online. While it's a no-brainer that online functionality will please Chao fans to no end, it's looking like SA2's only online is leaderboards.

6. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Which is required for every Xbox Live game anyway. I wonder how long it'll be before some hacker comes along and ends up getting 00'00"01 on every single stage just to piss some people off.

EDIT: I also wonder if they'll be using that unused Leaderboard section we never saw

7. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I'm so excited they officially announced SA2 HD. I don't know why it took them so long to officially announce it, but I couldn't be happier right now. Does anyone have a link to the trailer, or a video with Ken Balough announcing it?

8. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    All yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_-0Cmi5z4

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Bunch of fucking wankers! You'd think golden nuggets and free sex club memberships were falling from the sky.

SA2 is where the rot of the franchise set in for me, and I never gave him the time of day till Generations. But I might actually give SA2 a shot considering I only ever played city escape.

10. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

No matter how much I hate Sonic Adventure 2 I love when Sega does stuff like this. :)

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Out of bi-curiosity I watched a couple of SA2 gameplay vids (and it still looks pretty shite to be fair), and laughed at the shitty comic sans font on the title cards. I hope that gets a rethink.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    That was a funny trailer, thanks, Jaseman.
    Do you two above me have any particular reason why you hate SA2? I know a lot of people dislike the Knuckles/Rouge levels, and I do too, but I like them better than SA1's, a ton better, in fact. I also can't see what people have against the shooting levels. I'm pretty fond of them. They're fun, that's really all I can say. I hadn't played the Dreamcast version in a while, but I took some time out and started playing it, and wow, Sonic and Shadow are HARD to control. I occasionally play Battle, and they're so much easier to control there. It's probably those ridges around the GameCube's analog stick, though. It'll be interesting to see how the controls work with the DualShock and the 360 controller.

13. Hukos

Hukos

If you hated City Escape, you'll hate the rest of the game as well. I wouldn't bother in that case.

14. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Honestly, I couldn't really care less about SA2 getting re-released, I think it's seriously overrated. I do love that trailer though, really made me laugh =P

15. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Great trailer.
    JaredAFX, you know many people don't enjoy the treasure hunting levels, and that's already 1/3 of the game.
    Then the shooter levels, which are another third, aren't very well received.

That means two thirds of the game are hated.

The worst part is that you have to play them to get to the speed levels. However, in SA1, you could play only the Sonic and Tails levels. Also, the Knuckles levels were more self contained and fun. You could complete them in a minute with skill / luck.
    Another thing is that the tropes were a lot darker in SA2 and less... Sonic-y? And there were less of them. City, Prison Island, Jungle, Desert and Space. That's not a lot compared to most Sonic games.

At least Sonic controlled well (to me).

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Uh, I noticed a distinct lack of PC/Steam in that announcement. This makes me so sad I could puke.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Wonder if this and Episode II get a WiiU release at some stage...

18. DinodudeEpic

DinodudeEpic

The treasure-hunting levels stink in my honest opinion, with vague hints and bad controls. (They are way more drawn out and longer, which makes them huge compared to the Sonic/Tails levels. But, they do play slightly better than the SA1 levels. It's their length that ruins it. Much like the Werehog, but even worse.)

I absolutely abhor the speed levels. The level design is bland and linear, and you are pretty much going to be carried away by dash panels. (SA1 had a similar problem, but it is less so there.) There is also the damn somersault. (Just roll! ROLL!)

The shooting levels are just plainly bland, and they should be a mini-game. (Gamma's story in SA1 was short for good reason.)

Of course, there is the whole 'realism' and 'seriousness' factor that I despise in Sonic games.

SA1 had all of these, and I find it (SA1) to be average for it.

SA2 just simply exaggerates all the problems in SA1, and that is why I personally hate it. There is also the context of it pretty much causing the death of the Sonic franchise through games that emulate and ludicrously exaggerate it's direction. *Looks at 2006 and Shadow* (Then again, it is just my opinion. And, I made it brief since this is not a proper review.)

This means that I'm not excited for a SA2 re-release. (Unless it is on the PC, in which I would really want to see the hacks for it.)

19. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I can understand why so many people complain about the treasure hunting levels, but I've honestly never had many complaints myself except the times I played when I was younger. As I got older and eventually went back to playing the game, the stages became incredibly easier. I mean...I generally complete the levels in the same about of time it takes for me to complete the speed levels if not less. To be honest, the shooter levels aren't bad....but I could do without them. But like playing the treasure hunting stages, I have no real issues playing those stages either... I do understand the whole complaints though, and I do agree some. But eh, I think it's fine to be getting a re-release like it is.

And we don't have any kind of PC version confirmation yet, do we? Cause I only saw PSN and XBLA on the trailer from Sonic Boom...

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I expect that no1sonicfan scumbag to do this on day one, like with every other Sonic game with leaderboards these days. Just ignore him. If you get 2nd Kirb, feel proud knowing you're more ethical and willing to try for a time than some dick with a modded console.