don't click here

Sonic and the Rings of Order (RPG)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Ranger, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Ranger: D20 event > take advantage of the bump to provide an update.

2. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    I tried VX, but the tileset system is really really limited compared to XP's. A shame, really, cause evrything else is nice.
    Also I dunno what I'm going to do with the battle system yet. I need to decide on what iw ant still, but it probably won't differ TOO too much form RMXP's default.

oh ok
    have some sonic talking to family
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DOn't worry, Manic's only going to be sidequest fodder. You don't have to have him follow you around or anything.

3. You realize that he recommended "VX Ace", not VX, right? It's got a lot of upgrades done to it, including unlimited tileset size and number of tilesets. The only advantages XP has over it right now is the number of layers you can use, and compatibility for Windows XP. VX Ace outshines it in every other way.

4. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Dang, this is looking pretty nice! Like many that have spoken before me, I dig the Earthbound/Mother style of it, and the mirror universe is wonderfully creepy. The way Sonic can interact with objects as well as people seems like it has loads of potential for humorous dialogue too.

Keep it up! :D

5. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    there's something about Manic's "hair" that looks... weird. Regardless, enjoying this, and like how you're combining different stories to make your own. P. Cool.

I still expect great things from this U:

6. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    OVER A YEAR LATER
    Turns out I am still working on this, just forgot to post updates in this thread! WHOOPS
    Sorry about that! I was mostly busy implementing everyone's favourite character:
    [​IMG]

7. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    oh God why.

You didn't need to do this, ranger. ;-;

8. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Everything and then some...

Seriously though, I just looked through the topic and I love what I'v seen.

9. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    Heh, stumbled over this again. You still working on this silently, Ranger?

10. Felik

Felik

Last Active:
    User is offline Dec 16 2013 04:15 AM

11. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    yep!
    have some random stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Omega joins the party or I riot!

Seriously, though. This looks amazing, and I'm dying to try it!

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Bucket o' Sushi and Meh Burger

This is simply delightful.

14. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    Since before even registering here, I have taken a huge interest in this project as I use RPG XP myself, it's really nice to see some skills being shown to create a Sonic RPG and for the record, I have hardly ever come across any, the only other being Sonic Arena: The Lost Chapters. I'm looking forward to the next update you post, if you ever needed any help at all, I wouldn't mind lending you a hand Ranger, the only question I have, however is are you using 2x2 sized pixels or were the images expanded when you posted them on here?

15. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    I'm using 2x2 pixels, I think it looks better/more accurate if I make all the images based off 16x16 tiles and resize them to match RMXP's 32x32

16. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    Ah, I thought so. I agree with it being more accurate since using the normal size just looks pretty odd, not to mention extremely small looking as well. Is it possible that I could help you out anyway, though I'm not sure you need any by the looks of how things are going and also it might be a good idea to update the first post with all the screenshots you have taken just to make it easier for people to see the progress. :)

17. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car got dumped! Now Sonic wants to be a real cop!
    [​IMG]
    but they wont let him :c

I was going to make the text box opaque like in the Mother games, but I've grown to like the translucency.

18. Falk

Falk

Considering how much screen space it takes, that's a good idea.

19. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    so idk if this has been mentioned yet, but whats the battle system like, if you have one planned? Since the mention of robots has me wondering.

Is it going to be random encounters / hit an enemy to engage? And is it going to be standard turn based or have a twist to it, like Earthbound's roulette thing? Or whatev.

20. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Encounters will be based off hitting them on the map, but in set locations for simplicity's sake (ala Mother 3)
    As for the battle system, I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to handle it. I'm thinking similar to Earthbound but without the rolling HP meters, as those'd be a pain to implement, but I wanna make it more Sonic-y somehow. In a perfect world it'd be timing based ala Paper Mario, but it'd take a completely different engine/ a lot of RGSS scripting to get that working :v