don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ItzWizzz

ItzWizzz

Speed Wiz
    Nigeria, Africa
    Genie!!!!!!!(Manga)/Unamed Sonic RPG.
    Ok!!!! Just downloaded it yesterday, and I'm seriously loving it!!!! Feels good to play sonic adventure again!! Haven't played this game in like forever!!!

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Um, what? It's not out until October, unless you're talking about the original. This is a thread for the re-release

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    MAYBE HE'S A PART OF THE PARTNERNET PROGRAM AND SEGA RELEASED IT ALREADY ON THERE! :specialed:

4. ItzWizzz

ItzWizzz

Speed Wiz
    Nigeria, Africa
    Genie!!!!!!!(Manga)/Unamed Sonic RPG.
    Lol wrong thread!!! I was talking about Sonic ADVENTURE not ADVENTURE 2!!!!! That shit doesn't drop till October.......Hmmmm at least I play adventure 2 on my laptop, so that's good ebough!!

5. My laptop couldn't handle adventure 2 but some how it does extremely well when playing the Half Life games :/

6. Half Life was made for PCs, Adventure 2 was made for consoles, which is what your laptop is trying to emulate if you're using an emulator, which usually have some problems.

7. Hukos

Hukos

Emulation takes up way more of a computer than a regular PC game does.

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Same here. I can get my N64 emulator, TF2, and Sonic 4 Episode 2 running on my lappy, but when it comes to Dreamcast games? nope.avi.

9. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    This is kinda off topic, but if you guys are trying to use whatever the latest nullDC is, and that's where you're getting lag, then I encourage you to try DEmul as well. When nullDC went from 1.2.6b or whatever it was to 1.3, my Intel Pentium 4 PC over there across the room simply couldn't handle it anymore. But using the old version, I was able to emulate just fine, albeit with more graphical glitches. DEmul on the other hand, ran too fast on that computer, so I had to actually apply frame-limiting. It may not be as pretty as nullDC, but it's worth a shot! Especially considering a lot of laptops are more capable than that thing—although it has a dedicated GPU, unlike most laptops.

Also, I heard you guys like widescreen...
    + - Because nobody said anything about the height.  

10. Nova

Nova

My god, he's entering warp speed! :v:

11. Peace Of Mind

Peace Of Mind

Washington, DC
    Lots of stuff in FL Studio
    It looks like the dimension is being torn apart.

...unused Sonic Generations cutscene?

12. Nepgear

Nepgear

Ah, playing Adventure 2 again never seems to get old. The two adventures will always hold a special place in my heart for some reason. If there was enough time in the day, I would find myself trying to complete Adventure 2 from start to finish in one sitting. Definitely looking forward to this new release so I can give that a try! On the subject of emulation though, I've also found DEmul to work excellently in the event that nullDC doesn't do the job for you.

13. Totally. That's the only reason for me as well. So I'm happy that it's coming out for Xbox. I'll finally have another reason to play the story! GAMERSCORE!!! (stupid achievements...so pointless)

14. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    maybe this time I'll actually be able to get all emblems...nah

Can't wait for this game though.SA2 was the first Sonic game I went to the store for every day until they got it in stock. (back in those days Walmart didn't get new games until almost a week after release)

15. Flipside

Flipside

This is gonna be good! I haven't had a chance to play the gamecube version alot and I don't think I've ever even seen a Dreamcast in real life...

A redo, or as it will be more commonly known as, Sonic Adventure 3 Generations with lock on technology. Wouldn't it be epic to buy that game I just made up and have it say "Oh you downloaded that HD port. All those levels have been unlocked in multiplayer mode and challenge mode!!"? That would be EPIC!!!

Wait, get rid of the SOAP shoes? But that's the best part! :P

16. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    You've never seen a Dreamcast? Wow. I feel really bad for you. You don't have any Play n Trades or other retro game stores close to you? And if you don't, at least get the GC version off of Amazon. It fluctuates in price, but they're pretty low now.

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Quick! Somebody get this man a Dreamcast!

Seriously though, Owning/Playing a Dreamcast is an experience worth having in life...

18. Hukos

Hukos

Most of the Dreamcast's library has been ported to the Gamecube, so I wouldn't exactly say it's a necessity.

Of course, I love the Dreamcast itself, I love it's aesthetic and all. But I thinking pity on someone for never having seen one is a bit overdramatic :v:

19. My co-worker has a Dreamcast I might hopefully be buying off him, if he'll actually bring it in.

Although I dunno what games he has with it, if he has none I'm interested in I'll go look in them retro game shops.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So, rumor is that SA2 port was announced at Sonic Boom. anyone there to confirm or is there a source?