don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AE/Product/Sonic-Adventure-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411202

Ha! fucking morons at SEGA didn't pull ALL the SA2 product pages yet.

2. SuicidalComedy

SuicidalComedy

I must say, I've been looking forward to SA2 XBLA/PSN since SA1 for XBLA/PSN was announced. I'm super happy that it looks like SEGA is going to put some real effort into this one.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It's Microsoft doing it, not SEGA.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    True MS owns the site but who do you think is ordering them to pull the pages? I still blame SEGA for not double checking all of MS's xbox.com marketplace global pages.

Honest to god though I just stumbled upon this page on pure accident. I was looking for the direct url to the pics actually to see if they were pulled yet and a google search led me there. So I guess if it wasn't for me bringing it up it would've still been buried to the world.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    hum, the overview info has less info than before. They pulled out the release date and the DLC info...

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Huh. Would you look at that. I wonder why they brought it up, to bring it down, to bring it back up again...
    Either someone at Sega lacks communication skills (And considering the old voice directors only spoke Japanese, I wouldn't be surprised), or someone at Microsoft REALLY has a grudge against Sega and/or Sonic.

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    They pulled it down because some ass didnt notice that they had images with PS3 face buttons on them, then the internet noticed, and then Microsoft went "SHISHISHISHI!"

8. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    My guess is SEGA will start to promote this after Jet Set Radio is released. It would be very dumb on SEGA's part if they were like "Hey! Remember that port of Jet Set Radio that we've spent so much time hyping up with graffiti competitions, teaser trailers and announcements? Well forget that! SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BITCHES!"

9. Falk

Falk

Does Sonikku backpedal as well as you do in SA2?

10. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    ''Well, I was replying to Lobotomy who clearly stated that SG was superior to SA2, which was a reply to me saying the opposite. Pardon me for defending my opinion.
    But you're right. They're two games too far from each other albeit seeming so close.''
    Copypasta from a previous post. I'm done with this since it's a battle of opinions, therefore pointless. I won't change my mind, you won't change yours, let's move along and talk about something interesting.
    P.S.: I said I was sorry for saying ''Sonikku''. No need to rub it in.

11. Sonic Adventure 2 on XBLA is like an old friend who moved away after the fall of the Dreamcast Days and return 11 years later to want to be with ya again. This is one of the games I want to play this year along with some of the other Arcade games that coming out on Xbox.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    One more day until Summer of Sonic. I'm just hoping Sega'll announce something there... like this game. I mean, the "Jet Set Radio release date" thing is totally invalid now that NiGHTS HD has been announced.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its the same page but its not, see the earlier one was a US/UK variant this one is from United Arab Emirates. I'd bet that they don't update all the product pages globally at the same time so the US/UK one was focused on first while the information from those would be later C/P'd to the other global product pages.

The urls for all 10 pics are still up and the UAE uses the same links.

14. SA2 is my favorite game of all time. SA2B was one of my first Gamecube games and I still play to this day. But I have a feeling that Xbox is gonna butcher the heck out of it. I really hope they give it widescreen. Also I'm guessing they'll charge us for the Battle exspansion :/

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Looks like they went the Sonic Blast SMS route for the HUD

18. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

@the whole DC Sonic versus Modern Sonic discussion, I always thought DC Sonic was a bit more ideal for 3D platforming because of the somewhat floaty jumps, but Modern Sonic just feels more...Sonic-y to me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Anywho, Sonic Adventure 2. I'm probably only going to pick it up should something happen to my SA2:B disc. Otherwise, ignoring widescreen and all that other graphical enhancement, there's not much incentive for me to re-buy it...
    ...unless they implement online multiplayer. That would be fantastic.

19. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I was so hoping they'd announce this at Summer of Sonic. I hope they do at Sonic Boom. I mean, they just announced that history book, which is really cool, but it's not what I've been waiting for since Major Nelson uploaded that list of upcoming games. They obviously have some kind of XBLA/PSN version in the works if Microsoft has anything to say about it. Maybe they want to do it closer to home, which is Sonic Boom. San Diego isn't far away from San Francisco, it's closer than Brighton, anyway.

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This is once again where you're wrong. At speeds similar to what's in SA2, Generations Sonic has more or less the same turning radius as Dreamcast Sonic. Go through City Escape or Planet Wisp without boosting for more than enough proof. The only reason the turning radius is larger at speed is because it would be impossible to control Sonic with a turning radius akin to SA2's. And you're wrong about the drift as well. Drifting isn't "set", the intensity of the drift is solely dependent on how you use the analogue stick. As for Generations' jumping, well, it's the same deal as the turning radius. At SA2 speeds, you CAN pull a 180 jump. It seems to me like you really didn't play Generations at all, brosiedon.