don't click here

How are you spending Sonic's 21st Birthday?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, it was about 3AM this morning when I asked myself what I was doing for Sonic's 21st Birthday and I realized I hadn't really thought about it. Drink, is a pretty obvious answer. But what else? So I got up this morning and went grocery shopping, and right now I'm waiting for chili to simmer before I go grill up some dogs. I followed a recipe from some issue of Archie, because it seemed pretty basic (beef, mushrooms, onions, peppers, BBQ sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and kidney beans), and I'd say it's looking pretty good. I'm gonna sit down after lunch and play SA2 all day, and break out the Genesis when my roommate gets home from work for some Classic Sonic action. I'm debating whether or not to pick up an ice cream cake, and here and there I'm taking shots of cookie dough flavored vodka. I'll probably watch the Sonic movie in there somewhere.

So who else is celebrating today? And how?

My chili:
    [​IMG]

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This weekend I've been living it up by playing through the classics. I beat Sonic 1 and 2 yesterday, and today I'm playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and maybe Sonic CD. I'll play through Sonic Generations when I'm home tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Sonic!

3. ...man how did I forget that today is Sonic's birthday? I even sprited him last night too, what a coincidence!

Oh well, I'll think of something, maybe I'll dig out some of my old Sonic games and play some. My Mega Drive is under my bed so I best dig that out, and get Sonic 3 off my cousin.

4. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Playing Realm of the Mad god.
    Fuck. Wrong game-

5. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I'm gonna play Sonic Chaos on the Master System at my friend's house during noon, and Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive at my house more towards evening, to relive the good old times, and them I'll be headed to my homie's where we'll play Sonic Adventure till we complete everything. And tomorrow we are busting out Sonic & Knuckles.

6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Taking Sonic to the bar of course! lol

7. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Playing Donkey Kong Country 3 and watching Skateboard Madness. :v:

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Probably gonna do exactly what I did yesterday.

9. TehKablam

TehKablam

Enjoys "cheesy 'Retro' ambiance"
    New York
    Porting XCubed's Sonic 4 proposal to the PC version of Sonic 4 Episode 2
    I'm going to play Sonic 1 on my new tablet, wear my 'Classic Sonic' t-shirt, and bust out the spare issue 1 of the Archie Sonic comic that I have lying around somewhere for reading purposes.

10. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    June 23rd is my roommate (and one of my best friends)'s birthdays. Right now his brother is over and we're all hanging out watching stupid YouTube videos and laughing our asses off. Later we're going to go see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
    I probably won't do anything related to Sonic because he's not as cool or important. Or real.

11. I wanted to play Sonic BGM for customers at work, but the speakers were broken :(

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Have a wank and a bowl of cereal I guess, then play through the Sonic 1 and 2 rom and smash it in around 45 minutes.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I didn't remember it was today, but I've been playing my Japanese cartridge of Sonic 3...

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    watching footbal :v: while wearing a Sonic T-shirt, nothing fancy to be honest. Played some Sonic 2 before

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Going to go out and drink to celebrate a nice turn of IRL events, but I guess I'll wear one of my Sonic pins on my lapel.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'm going to try to get some time to play through Sonic 3 or some other classic game. I'm actually going to be hanging out with my fiancee and a friend and we're going to see if Gamestop has Lollipop Chainsaw in stock and if they do, we'll be playing it tonight. :v: And probably later, I'm going to dig out my old source code of Sonic 2 Remixed and get something together for the hacking contest. :v:

17. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Playing Team Fortress 2.

Oh yea, Happy Birthday Sonic.

18. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I totally forgot! But I'm having a few beers after a long week at work, which ended rather well, just had a Chinese and finished watching Star Trek: First Contact. Now I'm going to play C&C Generals. It's what he'd want!

19. I hadn'tt really thought about it. My GF and I actually got a hotel for the night. I think that perhaps we'll watch some SatAM, since she enjoyed the couple of episodes I showed her.