don't click here

Hellfire Pirate Dump

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Vangar, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Vangar

Vangar

So, I've talked about this cart before, but no way to dump it. I got a retrode today, so I thought I'd give it a spin and dump this game, finally.

Here's the link:

http://www.evanharrison.org/Hellfire.2A79.rar

The only differences I have noticed are:

- You start with 30 lives
    - The first demo runs into the boss and fights it
    - The sega logo and credits do not appear, but the logo from the final box-art shows up by itself, not centered (Reference: http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/sites/default/files/sega-megadrive-hellfire-jap.jpg )
    - Checksum seems to be incorrect, I did clean the cart before dumping... maybe I should try again?

I've noticed the only other prototype in GoodGen just does not display the credits, the other differences are not there / the logo does not show up.

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Yeah that's a pirate all right... though can we have a picture of the cart too? Hellfire doesn't hceck the checksum and they didn't fix it so :/ The "logo from the final box-art" is Masaya's logo, Masaya being NCS's Japanese game publishing department — this was modified from the Japanese version

The hackers overlooked removing the copyrights from the easy ending (staff roll)!

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    The checksum is used to see if the ROM is intact. The hackers modified the ROM (without modifying the checksum) so obviously the checksum is invalid.

4. dsrb

dsrb

As I love this game, thanks for dumping this, for the sake of posterity—although I saw the word prototype and had excessively high expectations. :P Darned pirates :colbert:

5. Vangar

Vangar

Seems weird the pirates added the official logo to the start of the game, don't you think? I'll give you pics of the cart tomorrow, it's off to bed for me now heh.

6. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    No, they just did a poor job editing the Masaya logo out of the Japanese release.

7. Vangar

Vangar

Ah right.

8. Vangar

Vangar

Good thing I dumped it right away, my Retrode has completely stopped working and I only had it for 2 days :'(