don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I got also that game. Damn, I love it. Even if you can't play with Tails solo, I still enjoy the flying in the games. It helps so much if you're about to fall into pit, just use flying mode and you can get out from a pit (Well, if you're TOO deep, then you're fucked :P)

Soon finishing it, but so far, I have enjoyed every level. I do not see anything wrong with the physics, works fine (I'm honest, I'm really shit talking about such things, so only I can say is it works and works not...sorry) And game runs DAMN SMOOTH :O! Death Egg level made my head spin cause it runs so smooth lol.

Music sounds also much better than Ep 1 music.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

...And just like that, we have a modern day "Hidden Palace Zone"....

Only this time it was discovered in the beta BEFORE the release of final version of the game...

All I can think of right now is Sega's trolling abilities and dramatic irony.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If you've got the means to do so, you can start a Local Co-op game and select Tails. Once you get far enough away from Sonic he starts to follow you around until you press the call button (right trigger, on consoles anyway), which you really only need to do for the Combo Roll, or to Homing Attack the cannons in SFZ 3. You can play through most of the Acts with Tails, but bosses can get a little tricky. I haven't tried SFZ 1 with this method though.

4. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Sega's a master troll. Just see the Trollnado in Classic Crisis City and Generations' Super Sonic theme.

Anyways, just beat the game after trying out the flying combo to beat the final boss faster, and the ending reminds me of the original Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 2 for Genesis, in that it doesn't matter if you get the emeralds or not, you'll still get the same ending, only with Eggman taunting you if you didn't get all the emeralds (and in the case of Sonic 2, Super Sonic if you do)

5. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I gotta try this :). Thanks for the info :)

6. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    When I hear this, I get the imagery that obviously the Chaos Emeralds/Master Emerald is involved from the distinct sound... I'm willing to bet it had something to do with Metal Sonic absorbing the power of the Master Emeralds or something, then TO BE CONTINUED. I remember a red spotlight being found in the assets too - was the purpose of that ever found? If not, I'm betting on it being Knuckles. :v:

Either way, I don't care if Sonic 4 is carried on or not. I'd prefer it to just stop and they can try again, and at least give Sonic 5 the effort and budget it deserves. :colbert:

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

Why does water seem to have no physical effects on Sonic's movements?

8. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

According to the Steam registry, there's a patch being tested for the PC version of Sonic 4 Episode 2.

[​IMG]

I wonder if the patch that is being tested could be related to the complaints in the SEGA forums about the game always being rendered at 1280x720 independently of the resolution chosen.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Actually, Sonic 1 had an ending whereby if you got all the Chaos Emeralds, then Sonic would unleash them, they'd make the animals bounce about and the flowers dance and new ones spring up and Sonic would gaze about in amazement.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It is, Ken Said told me today they have to find another way to thank Jack Fuste as they can't change the credits.

11. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Well then, if they can't find a way to add something in the credits, then I guess we aren't getting the ability to get something for getting all of the red rings or even a secret ending. That is, unless it's because it's not DIMPS that's changing things.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'd only expect the resolution thing.

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Why can they not change the credits? I don't get it.

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Are the credits pre-recorded or something? That would certainly make it difficult to change

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They can't change the credits?

[​IMG]

16. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    They're pre-rendered on the iPhone version. Then again, so is every non-playable section (tornado bits, Episode Metal scenes).

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Ahh right, well I've only played the PC version and assumed that it was all pre-rendered there too actually :v:

Bit of a kick in the face that I have the iPhone version but it doesn't work on my device despite SEGA saying it should. Awaiting a patch for it as other people are experiencing the same problem OR a long drawn out email battle with Apple to refund my goddamn money.

Bastards.

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-wNa9OkNkw

Por que no change credits? It no hard senor.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Before I quote my previous post again, can you change the end of game credits as well or just the options credits?

20. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

They are the exact same file, it changed both versions.