don't click here

Sonic Heroes: Team Blast gauge glitch

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blivsey, May 15, 2012.

1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Sonic Heroes has a gamebreaking glitch, whodathunk.

I've scoured the internet for any reference to this glitch and I've turned up empty-handed, so check it out. This glitch gives you a nice large chunk of Team Blast instantly. Kinda tricky to pull off, but I'd imagine it could shake up a speedrun or two. In fact, poor Egg Hawk gets the honor of showing just how easily you can break the bosses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RoG1WNFBU

The thing is, I'm on the gloriously renowned PS2 version (don't even bother cursing me over it), and it's also an old-ish copy of the game; but I distinctly remember discovering this glitch about a year or so after I bought it. That said, anyone else with the game (PS2 or otherwise) is welcome to confirm this glitch. It's slightly finicky, but you should be able to trigger it eventually. I also don't know whether or not this glitch works when switching to Speed rather than Power.

Also: don't interpret this wrong, because to me this game is better than Adventure 1. Opinions, opinions.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Yes I know of this glitch and it occurs on GameCube and PC as well. I found several results for "sonic heroes team blast glitch".

Also this topic belongs in Engineering & Reverse Engineering, or maybe General Sonic Discussion.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Probably closer to GSD, there's no specific hacking involved. Moved!

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This is pretty cool. After owning both the PS2 and the Gamecube game and playing them for hundreds of hours, I NEVER noticed this. I used to just play as the flying characters and chuck the others for blast guage points, which was quite time consuming :colbert:

Wow I love this game, I'm gonna have to go back and play all the Dreamcast era games.

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    I thought this was a cheat? That's how I heard about it on the internet.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I thought that was common knowledge. It's what happens when you press the attack button and the formation change button at the top (usually Y) at the same time. It woks on every version of Sonic Heroes that I've played, which is all but PS2. 3 charges fills up the gauge and is pretty much easy street to A ranking every boss.

7. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    I own PS2, and it worked for me.

8. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I recently gave this a go on my PS2 and it worked. That's pretty freakin' sweet. Too bad I don't feel like playing through this game anymore though. I would have loved using this back when I had trouble getting past certain bosses.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Wow, I just realised you can do this with Team Dark and Chaos Control a large portion of the level. HA!

10. Blivsey

Blivsey

Yeah, as (somewhat) noted in the video. You could rape Robot Storm and Robot Carnival with Team Chaotix too.

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

I never knew this, pretty funny. Also I would agree with you that this game is better than Adventure 1 overall. Heroes had some really great level design sometimes. My only complaint with it is the engine.

12. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Do some research on the bottom of Sonic's shoes in each game, too.

13. Blivsey

Blivsey

Come to think, I believe they're actually red in this one

I kinda do want to see someone use this glitch to snap a Team Dark stage in half. Someone without my shitcorder, that is.

14. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Give me some time, I'll get on it soon! In the meantime, check out this Pre-E3 2003 Beta Footage of Sonic Heroes circa May 2003!

15. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Alright, I didn't break a stage in two or anything but here's a high def video of the glitch in action, along with some quick annotation explaining how the glitch works and what not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpUU8hf7_E

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Played every version... its in there. And I always thought it was a nice thing to exploit and cheat with. Nothing wrong with that...:v:

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Yeah, if I managed to kill the Egg Emperor it was thanks to this

18. Blivsey

Blivsey

Strange how I'm suddenly finding videos of this glitch everywhere, yet a very specific YouTube search in about October of last year? Nothing about it.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and slap this here.

19. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    That's odd. I could swear this was well-known. I never got it to work, though. KeijiDragon says you need to quickly mash the attack button when you switch, others say you only need to press the switch and attack buttons once. Which one is it then?

20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    You need to press them in exactly the same frame. This means you have less than 1/60th of a second to do it. Good luck. (read: you only need to do it once, but it's pretty much guaranteed to take several tries to get it right)