don't click here

Sonic Gems Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I hope Sonic CD is on there, but that may not happen.

I think it will just be the ones they havent rereleased, like Knuckles Chaotix and ones like that. We'll just have to wait and see.

2. Kles

Kles

Chaotix would be interesting. A lot of people haven't played that and it'd give them a chance to give it a shot. It's not a bad game, really.

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The only problem is that a name like "Sonic Gems" seems to imply that the games are the real Sonic "classics" rather than the advance games or Chaotix, similar to the title "screen gems." Not rare movies but ones that were classic.
    Then again, gems in general are relatively "rare" so it could be that these are rare games. Sonic Championship, SEGASonic, Sonic CD, and Chaotix on one disc (cartridge)? Makes me really happy, and I'm not a console gamer!
    I would like to see another release of Chaotix, but in a game called "Sonic Gems" rather than "SEGA Gems" it doesn't seem too likely. Sonic was not really in Chaotix (maybe it'll be included as a hidden bonus perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath).
    I think this will be a collection for the PSP. The PSP is probably going to be big and SEGA hasn't planned any titles for it yet. (This could also be part of the Sonic emulated on gizmondo deal, too.
    It's not likely to be a console release. Haven't we had enough with Sonic Mega Collection?

Very fat, if this is meant to be commercial, rather than for us Sonic purists. Who else would want to play an incredibly buggy game?

4. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I'm seriously hoping/thinking/praying to every deity in existance that this is somewhat of a portable console port of Sonic Mega collection or something similar, because I probably don't nearly have enough money to get a Sega Nomad. Hell, I'd settle for old Sonic games remade with updated graphics, as long as it's for a Nintendo portable console, like GBA or DS :P

P.S.--The "Gizmondo" is Microsoft? Oh shit, that's all I have to say.

5. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Sonic Gems Collection - A fascinating new game by Sonic Team and SEGA where Sonic and his comrads go around, collecting Gems instead of Rings. If you collect enough gems by the end of the game, you get to see a secret cutscene of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Company ramming these gems up each other's assholes.

6. ROFL @ Fiz

Anyways, it would be nice to see Sonic CD, Chaotix, etc. on here. But I'd bet that it's going to be SMC++ for DS and/or PSP.

7. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Well since sega seem happy to sacrifice any of their morals for cash....

8. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Wait... Sonic and his comrads? Sonic's gone soviet?

*Russian Accent* In soviet Mobius, Gems find you!

9. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    That's gotta be the only Slashdot meme I find funny. :P

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    EDIT: DAMN DOUBLE POST. Stupid ISP!

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The Sonic franchise has sold more than 38-million units worldwide and SEGA plans to support this new brand with a complimentary lineup of new Sonic products across all platforms in 2005," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. (from http://ghzforum.nathantsui.com/news/)

If this isn't what they're planning for PSP, then what is it?

WARNING: SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC

Actually, they apparently go pretty cheap. The hard part is finding them.

Nomad + 32X = low-budget competition that's not too much less powerful than the DS or PSP. Dammit, if only I could start selling it commercially. I'd be fuckin' rich, I'm sure.

12. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    You just gave me an awesome idea for a hentai/yiff comic. Thxu.

13. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    That depends where you are. In the UK when a Normad is on eBay, the price can vary from around ?80 to ?150 or more.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think the Nomad is not compatible with the 32X...

No, I won't mention its size. :P

15. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    <pays 50monies for this comic>

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Proabably true. I'm thinking more along the lines of a handheld with the 32X capabilities built in.

17. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Except that Sega no longer makes consoles. Otherwise, we could beg and plead for that. And, like ICEknight said (or chose not to say), even if the Nomad did work with the 32X, it would be frickin' huge.

18. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I pretty much agree that we'll be seeing some form of a comp. for PSP ? the big issue is whether it corrolates to that name or not.

Though the announcement of all consoles is interesting ? I believe some actual Sonic game is waiting in the wings at E3 because of the Iizuka interview (which gave me the impression that Sonic Team is trying to do some Warioesque thing with the Shadow franchise) and that the Shadow game may be the Gamecube-exclusive game we've heard murmurs of later last year.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'm thinking more of a tech update, similar to things like the Game Boy Pocket. Effectively, it was the same specs as the regular GB, but it was smaller. [...Or has hardware technology for videogames stayed the same for 8 years?]
    And I would have taken the thing from SEGA and tried to market it myself. (I know, a pipe dream considering my age and experience in the hardware industry, but hey, a kid can dream, can't he?)

20. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    The 'pocket had a smaller, and clearer screen (not just the fact it was black, opposed
    to green).
    Also used less battery power (unfortuantely, AAA though >_<)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.