don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxqQCkoF7dA[/youtube]

I hope that Metal Sonic propaganda machine was worth it. I would not be surprised if that's the reference to Metal sonic we ever got in this episode but no doubt he'll crop up somewhere in the last level too.

Also worth of mention,

Sky fortress Act 1 is apparently played in a similar way to Sky Chase, ie, on the Tornado.

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'll trust Ken on this. Even if the music is still bad, I can just replace the music files.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    This. And I'm glad Sega didn't delay the game in response!

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    There's only one thing I'll say on this matter:

I am really digging some of these Act 2s. I already want to hear Sylvania Castle with the same soundfont as Aquatic Ruin, and White Castle 2 with Diamond Dust MD.

Oh, and Episode Metal? (knowing look at Sega) ...you done good.

5. BrigadierBaz

BrigadierBaz

Poole, Dorset, UK
    Generations Music Replacement and Editing
    The Boss Theme is a massive improvement. It sounds a lot dirtier and menacing and really recaptures the original feel of the Trilogy Bosses. Also the size of the Episode Metal interpretation of Mad Gear was very reminiscent of Sonic CD in terms of the levels scale. Also the unhappy face ring scatter finally makes a return, good to see it.

6. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Guys, can we at least put the videos in spoiler tags, or not use the media tag? Believe it or not, there are some users here who wish to actually not be spoiled of the game again like last time. I know someone's gonna say "then don't watch them." Sometimes, even a thumbnail is enough to be spoiled.

7. Now in spoiler form!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=30vy6ZjA8Ls#t=102s[/youtube]

I'm not sure how well embedding at a specific town. But uh, this game sure wasn't DiMPs enough at 1:40. That's for sure!

Better?

8. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Yes, much. Now I can listen to bitching, and in the rare case praising, in a spoiler-free way!

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

I'm afraid that the music in the above video is horrendous. Senoue (he's composing this correct?) seems to forget to make the songs catchy, and the instruments are not well-picked. I'm afraid that I preferred Sonic 4 Episode 1's music—Mad Gear Zone and Lost Labyrinth would have been much better if they had been longer.

I'm afraid that the music in the above video is horrendous. Senoue (he's composing this correct?) seems to forget to make the songs catchy, and the instruments are not well-picked. I'm afraid that I preferred Sonic 4 Episode 1's music—Mad Gear Zone and Lost Labyrinth would have been much better if they had been longer.

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I heavily suggest that any discussions on the leaks should be put in Spoiler tags.

The game is in Beta and it shows. The post processing effects are still in debug by the looks of it. But it seems like its going to be very pretty, based on what I've seen in Sky Fortress. The visuals in this game are a definite step up compared to Episode I's.

I actually am liking how Sky Fortress looks. Yes, its Wing Fortress but now its a full Zone and it looks huuuge. I like it.

The musics not finished but I really dislike Sylvania Castle's Act I & II. Act III sounds really good however.

Needless to say, we really shouldn't be talking about the leak if we want things to be less of a pain for the admins. Unfortunately, that's probably too much to ask for (even considering I posted my thoughts anyway...).

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Something interesting the credits...

You all know who Tose are, right?

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

I'm surprised that you think the music is unfinished. More likely, it's poorly written and lacking in flow.

13. Shade

Shade

@ 1:25, listen to Jun Senoue reuse his Twinkle Park music exactly.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean I'm playing the game right now the music is just ass. The rest of the game, at least up until Oil Desert Act 3, is kinda fun. Nothing to run home about, and definitely NOT Generations, but it's better then Ep 1. If you liked Ep 1, go fetch. If you don't, don't bother.

I'll probably buy the PS3 version when it comes out, and that's probably it.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    As long as you guys keep the discussion classy, there won't be a lockdown like last time. Everyone got pretty damn insufferable and soapbox-y last time, which is mostly why there was a lockdown. Keep it cool and it's all good.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I really like the music for Oil Desert Act 1, honestly. Something about it fits, I suppose.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

That song is pure bad ass!

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I like how we just posted about the same track at the same time. :v:

19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I kinda feel the same way with Act 2 to be honest. It's weird but it isn't annoying like the instrumentation so far with Sonic 4 in general, and it's a pretty memorable part of the song too (since most of the music so far has been kinda forgettable...). In a way it does fit.

I really enjoy White Park Act 2 and not just because of the Pleasure Castle nod. It's got a nice tempo to it that fits with the pacing of the level, almost. And the melody is pretty enjoyable to listen to. But that's all personal preference though.

But White Park Act 3...the whole song is 25 seconds...

Definitely a mixed bag soundtrack so far.

20. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    The music in this level instantly reminded me of this:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLXeQP_yCE[/youtube]

Actually, it's pretty catchy, but I've always liked that one crystalline-sounding synth; it's just a cool instrument. =P