don't click here

sonic cd iso

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MrPhysics, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPhysics

MrPhysics

Non "oldbie" oldbie Member
    Ogden
    Fractal Art
    Does anybody know what to lable the individual .wav files for the sonic cd music if im trying to include them in the iso. More specifically if you pop the actuall sonic cd disk into your drive and explore it what are they labeled as

I've tried just having the mp3's in the same folder labled with the same name as the iso and having them end in 02-35 but it does not seem to be working

thanks in advance

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You don't add things to the ISO if you want it to work, it's not a ZIP file.

About the way you must rename the MP3s, the many possibilities are mentioned in Gen's readme.

3. Irondude

Irondude

I need some doggone help! Banned
    I'm currently having the same problem with Kega Fusion. Then I found out it loads better with bin/cue, but for some reason I can't get it to play the music at all. I have no idea what format it plays with. The latest version of Fusion says it can play MP3s, so I tried to rename them. Glory behold, I don't know what to rename them as. If the image is named Sonic CD Jap, would I rename the music files to Sonic_CD_Jap_02.mp3? Help would be apreciated.

4. Kles

Kles

I got music once when I went from present to past, but that's it.

5. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    First and foremost, DON'T mess with the ISO. The Mega-CD discs work by putting the game data (the 'actual game') into Track 01, then putting CD audio tracks as Track 02, Track 03, and so on. Hence, the ISO naming format for emulators.

Try it with as many emulators as you can - for example, games which work with Kega Fusion 3.2 may not work with the newest version of Gens.

Make sure you've set up the emulator correctly (do you actually have the BIOS files needed to play the game? etc.)

And, if it's still not working, you can find a working ISO image of Sonic CD J, U and E at SonicStuff (Google it).

And if it STILL won't work - God help us. God help us all... that, or something about your PC is screwing with your emulator.

Oh, and you can't pop the actual disc into a CD drive and see what the audio files are named - the way it's bunt means you can only read what's in Track 01 - the files which make up the game data.

This info should all be in the Gens and Fusion readme.txt files anyway =P

6. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    The music files shall be named as accordance to the Sonic CD ISO Book, page 46, paragraph 2:

scd_jpn_(music #).mp3

They shall be named like this, and only like this for your music to work. That is all.

...We need a sticky topic about how to get the music to work in Sonic CD ;)

7. Irondude

Irondude

I need some doggone help! Banned
    No go at all with Kega Fusion Trigahd

8. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    Does it not work on a cd by unpacking the iso, burning that as data and the mp3s as subsequent audio tracks?

I assume you are just trying to get the audio working on a cd, considering it works
    fine as files on the harddrive coupled with the iso.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I have the files named like this, and they work perfectly in both Gens and Fusion:

Sonic The Hedgehog CD (Prototype v712).iso
    Sonic The Hedgehog CD (Prototype v712) - 02.mp3
    Sonic The Hedgehog CD (Prototype v712) - 03.mp3
    Sonic The Hedgehog CD (Prototype v712) - 04.mp3
    Sonic The Hedgehog CD (Prototype v712) - 05.mp3
    etc

10. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    As example, I also use a similar thing :

scd_eur.iso
    scd_eur 02.mp3
    scd_eur 35.mp3

and

scd_usa.iso
    scd_usa 02.mp3
    scd_usa 43.mp3

And those also work fine in Gens and kega (latest versions IIRC)

11. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    If it helps, I'm working on another tutorial, this time focussed on burning ISO+mp3 rips of Mega CD games onto CD-Rs (playable on real hardware and emulators). Give me a little while and I'll post it.

EDIT - removed sig

12. MrPhysics

MrPhysics

Non "oldbie" oldbie Member
    Ogden
    Fractal Art
    Thanks for all the info and help everyone, I will continue to try to get it to work. I swear I have named them in the exact fasion listed here but I will double check.

About the guide on burning a CD-R with all the files included as mp3's or wav files, that would be a great help.

Oh ok that makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.