don't click here

Knuckles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Putmalk, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Vector knows his name in Sonic Heroes despite never being shown interacting with him, so it's quite possible they know each other whether or not the Carnival Island incident is still canon.

The Chaotix guarding it actually makes a lot of sense, and it's a far better alternative than someone smashing the Emerald every freakin' game. Not a bad idea.

Personally, I'd just been rationalizing that Eggman and Rouge are the only ones we know of who've actually managed to even get close enough to it, and both times it was shattered Knuckles was standing right there. It can be assumed he's got other booby traps on the island to deal with the less competent thieves when keeping tabs on the guy always searching for rocks to power his latest world-annihilating scheme is probably more important.

2. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Through the years Knuckles has gotten more pathetic game after game. Hell, his debut was his all-time high point. But it seems like now he's near the bottom of the list in terms of significance, while Silver and Shadow are at the top with Sonic and Tails.. which is wrong on so many levels.

I wish he was as badass as he was in S3K.. or if anything.. as godly as he was in Sonic the Hedgehog The Movie back in '96. I mean come on, the dude is flying or levitating. That right there is NOT gliding. Watch at 22:16, 25:25, 26:10, 33:03, 44:04.. you get the picture. Watch the whole movie for all I care.

It really makes no sense how they'd introduce a concept and throw it out there in an anime and whatnot, then scrap it from any future anime after that (Sonic X). It terms of gameplay capabilities though, Knuckles has been demoted into a lazy npc you just talk to for unhelpful game hints. It doesn't make sense.. Sonic has many gained abilities through the years, while Knuckles lost almost all of them. We've never seen him go Super after S3K, yet newly introduced characters have. If you wanna count Heroes' pseudo-super form where he has a S3K-looking fire shield as anything.. nice try. The sad part is he hasn't been a priority to the Sonic canon in the Modern Generation.

3. Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

I'd like to see Knuckles involvement in the series on the forefront again as well. I liked the idea of Kunckles Gameplay being a cross between WereSonic, and his SA gameplay. If SEGA wanted to dip intro some retro flare they could do a game based around Eggman wanting to harness the energy of the Master Emerald. The story could revolve around Eggman distracting Sonic and Tails with Metal Sonic or Mecha Sonic, while he goes to raid the Emerald from Knuckles. Knuckles fends off lazer fire and mechanical machinery used to fight off Knuckles. A hard shot to the Egg O Mattic disables Eggmans machine, but he has one more trick up his sleeve, He fires a high powered lazer at Knuckles in anger, Knuckles avoids the blast but unfortunately the Master Emerald is hit and an explosion is triggered. The blast sends Emerald rays towards Knuckles knocking him out cold. Eggman shocked at what has happened runs away before Sonic and Tails enter the scene. They discover their friend knocked out cold and they gather him up and take him to safety. The Master Emerald is now unstable with electrical charges coming from it causing Angel Island and surrounding area going haywire.

Sonic and Tails know that from past experiences that the Chaos Emeralds will help their friend and help restore the Master Emerald in it's place. Sonic and Tails go on their journey trying to gain the Chaos Emeralds but they are met again by challenging foes of Eggmans Mech's and Metal Sonic this time taking the place of Eggman. Eggman on the other hand is hard at work at his base coming up with a machine to go into the realm of the Emeralds and gain them for himself. Knuckles stuck in a coma like state must fight to regain himself by fending off Eggman in a flashback like journey though his life from the Genesis to the SA days. Eggman has a trick up his sleeve to use the power of the Master Emerald to control Knuckles himself or at least that's what he thinks. With this experiement he causes a being called Chaos Knuckles to come forth (borrowed this idea from the Archie series). With Knuckles gameplay going through and trying to restore himself, Chaos Knuckles is running through the island causing havoc and disruption to not only Sonic and Tails but to Metal Sonic and his minions as well.

The rest of the story can be expanded upon but I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the conversation. But having Eggman mess with Knuckles in the Special Stage like setting and more modified flashback areas like him visiting past zones but they be heavily disturbed, (think Sonic06 End of the World) while he is in a dream like state trying to regain himself, whereas a mutated version of himself is running free causing havoc, and Sonic and Tails fending off Eggmans Mechs and Metal Sonic would intertwine like past storys of the games but offer Knuckles the limelight, but still have Sonic and Tails play a pivital role. I would have Eggman and Knuckles face off at the end trying to rescue his unstable Master Emerald. You could have Chaos Knuckles (his spiritual self) being the key to reviving Knuckles with the power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds rescued from Metal Sonic by Sonic and Tails. You could have Knuckles turn Super, but absorbing his spiritual self turns himself into a Green Super State, which could be an evolution of himself.

Sonic and Tails on the other hand would have to face off against Metal Sonic whom steals the gathered 7 Emeralds from them and turn into Super Metal Sonic. Sonic and Tails fight off an battle with Metal Sonic but Metal Sonic is winning until Chaos Knuckles comes and disrupts the battle. Super Metal Sonic and Chaos Knuckles end up fighting, but the force of the Emeralds cause Chaos Knuckles to be knocked out. With the impact of the 2 The Chaos Emeralds are set free and Sonic grabs them and is able to go super and finish the job on Metal Sonic, as his Super State is failing him and not working with his machinery. This story would lead up to the final battle for Knuckles restoring him and crushing Eggman's plans.

4. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Another good idea for a Knuckles exclusive game would be to not even include Robotnik, Sonic and his friends. It would take place on Angel Island of course and the main protagonist could be someone that actually resides on the island OR Fang. Again, he could be after the Master Emerald and of course Knuckles and Team Chaotix would be there to save the day. Just because Robotnik isn't there doesn't mean that Angel Island has it's own bad seeds. Just a thought.

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Preeeeetty sure Knuckles is the only guy who lives on the island, other than Flickies.

6. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    That's the whole point though. Knuckles may believe that he is pretty much alone on the Floating Island then BAM! Under attack but by who? What better way for Knuckles to be blindsided than by "one of his own". For most of the game his true identity could be shrouded in mystery much like Time Eater.

7. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    That already happened...

8. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Oh. I haven't read much of the Fleetway Sonic comics. But it hasn't happened in a video game......yet. ;)

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

[url="http://info.sonicretro.org/Shade]Check and mate[/url] :colbert:

10. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Lol. That game was just another pointless addition of low-profile characters and storylines to the Sonic canon that most people couldn't care for :thumbsup:

11. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Not ashamed to say you got me there as I haven't played Sonic Chronicles nor have any intention of doing so. So again, you got me there.

12. Blivsey

Blivsey

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Looks like Knuckles was using debug mode there...

14. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I like how smooth and long Knuckles is in Chaotix. His animations give me a sensual tingle when I watch them. I really like how climbing up and down the walls have separate animations. There is just something really enjoyable about it.

15. Its been a while since I've played Chaotix. Had to go play to refresh my memory XD Yeah, Knuckle's sprite is amazing. I mean, all the characters have good sprites (I'm not a fan of Vector's walking animation though), but Knuckles probably has the most...I'm not sure if detail is the right word...but there is something about his sprite that is nicer than the others.

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'd say detail is the right word... No, you are absolutely right.
    Looking at Mighty, Vector, and Charmy, they look like Genesis sprites.
    Knuckles looks like he got a real revamp for the 32x. Espio is the only one who compares.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Has anyone ever wondered how he honed his abilities as the "world's greatest treasure hunter" if he's stuck guarding the Master Emerald all the time? Or was Sonic just being a jerk right before Death Chamber? I mean, that's a distinct possibility too!

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think there's a little of column A and a little of column B going on there.

19. I honestly hate what Sonic Team has done Knuckles in the newer Sonic games. He has no reason to be with Sonic now that the Master Emerald is back where its supposed to be. They also make Knuckles seem incredibly stupid in the newer games. Back in Sonic 3, Knuckles was gullible, not stupid, which made sense considering he had never met anyone because he was on Angel Island. Now, they think Knuckles personality is the generic strong but totally stupid type, which I can't stand.

20. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    Knuckles died when Sega decided to make him Sonic's dumbass sidekick.