don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hero Chao just pointed this out to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePfdRBtD0Q4

This is from the SA2 OST. Go to 3:25, and listen after it ends. Why the fuck is there random laughter there? (This isn't just on this video, confirm with your own rips)

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm, I wonder what is Fnac using for this?
    [​IMG]
    Many of the letters look different than NiseSega's...

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itiw4V83cuI

Sound familiar?

...No?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srx-lWpwcec

Sound familiar now?

Yep. Same Sample. Crazy how samples get passed around like that.

Thank sammichbars from SSMB for the find.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Someone found something funny while everyone was recording, and it made it into the master? It doesn't sound deliberate.

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Though I don't think its deliberate, it seems a bit unscrupulous for that to make it to the master. This is kind of hilarious though! Great Find.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I was thinking the same thing, myself. I think it's pretty funny, too.

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I've had similar things happen when recording myself. Caught all-sorts, from laughter and talking, to the sound of someone sawing wood! =P

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I made that font back in 1999. It was based on the SEGAWORLD logo. I also made the "Sonic Title Font" at the same time (the font used to spell out "RETRO" in the Sonic Retro logo). Both fonts are extremely outdated, and should be avoided!

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Been going through photos of the Sega Video Game Illustrations book for Sega Retro. Matching cover artists with... covers... and the like

Since older Japanese Sonic art is often talked about here

Sonic 1:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabiosantana79/4734426047/sizes/o/in/set-72157624359469342/

Sonic 2:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabiosantana79/4734427987/sizes/o/in/set-72157624359469342/

the translations are pretty bad and the picture quality isn't great but I think you get the jist of it. Now you know the tools used to make the cover art.

10. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    The fact the electric shield was resist to electricity in Sonic Generations made me want to try something in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

[​IMG]

Turns out the shield is resist to Robotnik's electricity from the Carnival Night Act 2 boss fight. It amazes me how I've replayed this game probably than any other game I have played yet I still discover new things. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is truly an amazing game. If you're wondering why the counter is at 9:59, I'm playing Ravenfreak's rom hack that disables the time limit. [LINK]

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Also, the fire shield protects you against fire and lava.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Yes, but there isn't a whole lot of electricity in this game so it's less obvious. >_>

Edit-

You know, I'm starting to wonder why it has taken me so long to figure this out.

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    It also works on the charged coil thingies on the Death Egg stages.

15. ^This. I always get the electric shield in DEZ. It makes it quite a bit easier.

It's new to me that it works on the CNZ2 boss.

16. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Pretty sure it also works for the things that the enemies which zap from floor to ceiling toss at you, but doesn't work for the dildo boss? That's about the extent of electrical hazards in Sonic 3, anyway.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It does work when it's in its retracted position. It doesn't when it's extended (presumably the part that sonic touches is, more than just electrified, also spiky or something; I always figured those grey bits were supposed to be almost like blades at that point).

18. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    It feels like forever since I've added anything to the wiki, and I'm not sure how to add new magazine articles in a new category.

This one is "Birth of a Hedgehog", from Nintendo Power, Jan 2007. It's in honour of the crappy Sonic Genesis for GBA, but it does have some cool info from Rieko Kodama about making the zone art on Page 3.

Page 1 | 2 | 3

(I believe there is supposed to be a 4th page, but I can't find it.)

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It's interesting to see they mentioned making Sonic an armadillo. Which seemed to fruit into the character we all know and forget named Mighty :P

20. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    hey guys Sonic 1 is now available on OnLive. I can't see this being too useful for most of us, unless you play on a bunch of devices and want cloud saves.

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Spinball were put up there too, a while back. All three of these are included in the $10/mo playpack I'm part of.