don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. That's a good point actually, I hate Bottomless pits to, but I was perfectly ok with them in Sky Sanctuary, as Nomad says, might be because it makes sense to have them there, but then again, there's Bottomless Pits in other levels in Generations and again, I don't have a huge problem with them (except maybe City Escape Classic), I don't know if that's down to the levels being designed better or something, but Bottomless Pits never really pissed me off in Generations, where as in Sonic 4, they still piss me off because they just scream Lazy and predictable.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What I don't like about Sonic 4's bottomless pits is that they always place a homing attack chain over a bottomless pit before the end of the level. It's not hard, it's a waste or time, and it's stupid. Just end the level 5 seconds earlier.

3. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    How trustworthy is Ken's word again?

I'm willing to bet he meant that the level is from the era of the original trilogy, ergo it's a Sonic CD level. Oh well, if they remake Wacky Workbench, all the power to them.

4. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Bottomless pits are a classic obsticle. They only one I hated in the classic Sonic was the Mystic Cave one where there was actually spikes at the bottom, so if I had Super Sonic and was dumb enough to fall in and not hit the bridge for it, I had to wait for it to kill me. XD

Nothing says "Jump here, you dummy." like a bottomless pit.

I'm glad to see it both looks nicer and physics are improved. I feel they were better off without tails, so whatever.

5. Nova

Nova

So after watching the direct feed footage, I can only conclude that while the major gripes I had with Episode 1 have been fixed, the level design (as many others have said) leaves a lot to be desired. Sure, there's plenty of 'ledge steps' as I like to call them, but besides that we've got pretty much 'hold right until you hit a spring, then keep holding right'.

Hopefully it's just the one level and not all of them show such bland choices. :v:

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Sylvania Castle is the throwback level, it's only bloody frickin' obvious. It's a blatant rehash of Aquatic Ruin Zone, right down to the leaves littering the foreground.

You'd be surprised how often I have to explain this to people. A lot of people post YouTube comments and forum posts implying that the "throwback" level hasn't been revealed yet. Well, it totally has been. It just doesn't have the words "Aquatic" or "Ruin" in its zone title.

7. Flare

Flare

Hate to burst your bubble Solaris, Ken does state in this video that;

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    LET IT BE LAUNCH BASE :V

(It makes sense if you think about it!)

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Funny thing was I was thinking of the exact same level for some reason. It does sort of fit with where this is going.

10. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    I think a lot of you guys forgot about the achievements list and what it divulges about the game, specifically what zone they'll be bringing back.

And before anyone asks "How do you know that's not the final boss act?", why would they bother calling it Act 1? :P

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Sky Fortress Zone was the beta name of Wing Fortress, right?

12. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I'm going to guess it's Death Egg or Metallic Madness.

13. Kampfer

Kampfer

Does this mean standalone or in coop? I though it was confirmed Tails was not playable alone.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm sure if you press X/[] 50 times to dual-roll into a wall or fly in place, you'll net the Achievement/Trophy.

15. Nova

Nova

I've been a bit out of the loop so I'm not sure about the nature of how that was confirmed, but anyone else thinking they may pull a Sonic CD 2011? As in, complete the game and you unlock Tails as a playable character?

Then again, Sonic Warrior TJ's idea sounds like a possibility, given the general laziness of Episode 1's achievements.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No, they've already confirmed you can't play as Tails on his own or as the leader. The one way you CAN play as Tails is in multiplayer, in which case the I'm guessing you had to do that 50 times to get the achievement.

17. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I'm going to PAX East on the 6th (only day I go). I'll check the SEGA booth, so I guess I'll have some impressions of Episode II when I get back. :v:

I'll tell you dudes how it is but, I'm kind of shitty at that kind of stuff.

(Just noticed I posted this in the Generations topic by accident. :v: )

18. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Can you take some decent video without a dude in front of it the whole time? That'd be great :). Record as much music as you can.

19. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I would, but I don't think I have any video recording equipment. It would have to be all written word, sorry. I can SEE if I have something that can record audio but, I know I don't have anything that can record good video.

(See, I said I was shitty at this. :v:)

Like, the only thing I have that can record video and sound is the 3DS, and that's not exactly the best. I'd consider taking pictures of stuff with a digital camera but, I don't know their rules on that thing (it's the first I'm ever been to a Convention).

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    See if you can borrow something from somebody, and make sure to read this if you can take video.