don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It's a good guess, but nothing more. Other theories from "back in the day" were the level flooding + a floating platform (like in Sonic 1 or Sonic CD) or a Super Sonic-only obstacle.

2. Don't doubt yourself, I think these are wonderful! These honesty look like they could have been acts in the original Emerald Hill (or at least thats the vibe these levels are giving me...)! The only real "problem" is that the grass looks a little weird when connecting the loops to some of the slopes. The shadows the loops leave get a bit cutoff, which is the most noticable in Act 1 with the 4 loops in a row. Fix that issue, and the levels are good to go.

3. Blaumagier

Blaumagier

I'm a slow worker but I've finally completed my ending sprites. Spriting is definitely not my forte and I don't think I have much of an eye for detail on sprites so I would really appreciate any opinions about whether these are good or if there's a way I could improve them.

[​IMG]

4. They look pretty good, but I don't really like the shading on the larger Rouge sprites, they clash a bit with the shading of the player sprite.

5. dsrb

dsrb

Well, they completely lack outlines, whereas the smaller ones have black outlines everywhere.
    Then again, maybe that's the desired effect. I don't know how good the large sprites would look with outlines, or the small ones without.

6. Blaumagier

Blaumagier

Now that you mention it, I see it, and I would have to agree that it looks off. Though I can't help but wonder if it's just because they're in a side by side comparison. I suppose I can try adding outlines to the larger ones to see how they turn out, though. Thanks!

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So I completely forgot to post this here, I recently proposed to my gf. And this is how I did it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuGE4gwGtg&list=UUvXfHReLjr09JVEysrv0ndA&index=1&feature=plcp
    (Skip to :53 if you don't want to watch me fail. :v:) I've stopped working on this (obviously), but I'd thought I share this with you guys. :3 (BTW this is the same video on my FB, so if you're friends with me there then you've probably seen this already. :v:)

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    That immediately reminded me of that Chrono Trigger hack through which someone else proposed to their girl. :0

Awesome and congratulations, quite a creative way to go about this~ : D

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    "Character" in Sonic 1 hack spawned from boredom one day. Basically done, not that it's anything worth mentioning XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Ejnbsesd0

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    And now for the all important question of: Did she say yes? If so, congradulations, if not, sorry mate.

11. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaNy8tITi8[/youtube]

A little something I am slowly working on, and will be included in my main hack at some point, in some form.

12. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Looks interesting, the only thing is I feel like the delay between off screen and on screen is a little slow. Other than that, beware of the MOTOR MOTHER!.

13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Awesome, yet another badnik we can tick off the list of huge badniks!

• Orbinaut
    • Crabmeat
    • Caterkiller
    • Motorbug
    Nice work by the way, it looks rather clean.

14. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Yeah, I hope to do much more with it. If anybody has any ideas, let me know. :)

Also, which hack has the GIANT ENEMY CRAB(meat)?

15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Cinossu's Sig will explain the details =P

As for ideas, I donno, the motorbug didn't do much really but move left and right, perhaps enable it to lose its wheel and fly with a flame from the exhaust?

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    At least this Giant Motobug won't lead to a hellish fire chase after, right?

The boss is okay, other than it being too slow to return from the other side and the artwork could be improved, you just need to look at a good defeat sequence - whether it uses a quick flash to get off the screen or it falls apart like a Sonic 3K boss. Just see what you can do there.

17. I remember have posted a similar boss but as a picture from my hack here. Not bad, though.
    EDIT: Grammar.

18. Pretty nice boss you have there, but as others have said, it takes way to long to come back on screen and needs more attacks. Maybe it could spawn smaller motobugs or jet forwards or something, but as it stands, it seems a bit much like a tweak of the original Sonic 2 first boss (especially since you're using Sonic 2 as your base).

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I assumed the reason it was taking too long off-screen was that it wasn't finished (especially considering it never stops exploding when dead) and it still needed to have some values changed. It seems to spend more time off-screen at the left than at the right side, in fact.

20. [​IMG]

and a spring I did for my GHZ when I was bored yesterday:

[​IMG]