don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    I'm not sure what he's trying to say. Does he mean that those are the things he wants to change in the game, or does he mean that those complaints are things he wants to be changed from the people who are complaining?

2. MastaSys

MastaSys

...Oh god.... trying to get that fixed? only NOW? better yet just "TRYING"?
    This would be the first thing that needed to be fixed in the first place! It's the core of the game! But yes since it's a download tittle sugarcoating is moooore important to steal some bucks from inocent buyers and retarded videogame reviewers.

Well that's it, I will only buy it if there's a demo so that I can be sure this is fixed or not. I didn't buy 4-1 for myself because of this in the first place and I won't buy the bastard grandchild for the same reason.

3. dsrb

dsrb

^ This. If he means those are the kind of complaints he likes to hear because they are things worth addressing, he couldn't have picked a more ambiguous and therefore a worse way to word it.

If he means he'd do away with such complaints because his profession obviates any kind of honest engagement therewith, well, he deserves the corporate punishment that he probably won't get!

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Like it's already been said, what the fuck could possibly need fixing or looking at in an all new physics engine?

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    People are expecting a lot out of Episode II given the fact that SEGA did pass feedback on from Episode I in regards to improving the next episode. Did people honestly expect that they would drastically overhaul the physics, improve the game engine so that springs and speed boosters aren't plastered over everywhere and a bunch of other stuff such as improving the art and music direction?

Okay, so the uncurling (which pissed off a lot of people) got dropped and the art direction is a lot better. We don't know how the music is but no doubt nothing will change much, if they didn't tell Sonic Team/Dimps about the spin sound then what hope do we have in a music team that actually know how to do a classic-like soundtrack? Oh wait, the "music team" consisted of one man. Should just get people like Naofumi Hataya, Tomoya Ohtani, Kenichi Tokoi and Richard Jacques to handle things. Sure, I linked remixes, but the sound quality was a lot better than what Jun did being void of his rock style.

Ken Balough's comments can be seen as harsh, and saying that the opinion on speed boosters are of a personal design - well did you see them being plastered everywhere in the classic games? Nope! Sonic 4 is supposedly trying to recreate the classic, 2D feel of things yet Sonic Generations' engine was entirely capable of things without a bunch of problems. Sure, that's a physical title that was worked on by Sonic Team themselves, but the way the game did 2D would perfectly fit Sonic 4. Dimps' engine is just unsuitable and trying to deal with it is like talking to a brick wall. You are not going to get anywhere.

Sure, just continue to ride the promotional train if you want to, but just don't expect everything to be better. Sonic Team are not hands-on with this title, and whilst you have people like Takashi Iizuka around to oversee things, you won't get the "real deal" if it's not being worked on by the "real deal" - Sonic Team themselves.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I like how we're barely touching upon the Sonic-Tails momentum comparison in the trailer, or the new mechanic of burrowing through the snow.

Also, fuck you all. Ken is awesome.

7. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

There'll always Episode III and an even "Newer" engine! :v:

I'm still buying this because I'm a Sonic fag fan.

8. MattManAGES

MattManAGES

What are you, InSAYAN!?
    Berkely, MI
    Sonic Origins
    OK sorry to get a bit off topic here, but now that there reusing Little planet in Episode 2, does anybody think it's possible that they might create a second sonic CD? Realize when I say this that
    I don't mean a COMPLETE recreation of the original game, but maybe another game based off of time travel and stuff implimented in CD? It's just a thought, and quite honestly I think
    it would be pretty cool.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

I don't say drastically, and I'm not that exigent myself I liked Colours and Generations, I like K's Chaotix and other not-so-great Sonic games, but the guy was basically "uncurling and etc is not a problem for me but at least have momentum" and Ken awesered "no, but we are trying to fix it".

With all the "we are hearing you" and "new engine" talk etc... something this basic, a problem from a game that was released around Colours, it's cringe-worthy for anyone that have some interest on it.

They can hardly make 7 zones nowadays....

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I admit I didn't know that. Oh well. The more you know.

11. Lambda

Lambda

My thoughts exactly!

Honestly, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be less speed boosters and spring chains, but they put them in the trailer because they look exciting.

Also... call me crazy, but the only bubbles chain we've seen so far is in Sylvania Castle Zone. Maybe they'll drop it after that?

I'm optimistic. I want to hope for, and expect good things until shown otherwise.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I was thinking the same thing, actually. Considering Sylvania Castle is based on Marble Garden and the fact that Bubbles debuted in Marble Garden, it might just be for this one zone.

13. dsrb

dsrb

Good point, and a good way for them to save themselves from the Bubbles haet!

As Skyler had also thought that, I'd also thought this:
    I mean, maybe.

14. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I think he was saying, that if he were developing the game, those are the complaints about the game that he would address.

15. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    No, if you look past that post in the thread, that wasn't what he meant. He was basically complaining about people complaining like that.

16. MattManAGES

MattManAGES

What are you, InSAYAN!?
    Berkely, MI
    Sonic Origins
    I also have to mention this (even though somebody else has probably already seen it), has anyone noticed that at about 0:51 seconds on the gameplay trailer
    while Sonic is going around the loop de loop, Tails is simply standing there and not following him? I'm praying that this is simply my eyes playing tricks on
    me. If not, then by george they better fix it soon because that is going to be an issue.

17. Maybe there's a second player controlling Tails and he simply didn't follow Sonic.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly, what Ken said could be taken BOTH ways. He's putting his point across quite badly as such, it could have been clarified better.

That said, can we lay off the Balough-bashing a little bit? At least Dimps are the ones actually writing the damn game, his "crime" is being the poor sod who has to try to sell this game to some of the most cynical bastards in the entire gaming community (though not necessarily without merit!).

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    If Ken is making out that complaints like this are the problem, he just lost his awesome aura.

If Ken is making out that the complaints are spot on and it's what he would change, he just the ascended to SSJ5.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They're the same than the SP rings in Sonic Advance 2, if that counts.