don't click here

Things that made you rage as a kid

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    Oh, Aerobian-Angel listed another thing that made me rage. Sonic Unleashed on the Xbox 360...is possibly the most difficult Sonic game ever made, and Eggmanland is the final proof of that. And this time, the difficulty is almost fair, unlike the likes of Sonic 2006. The almost part refers to the fact that the Werehog, for whatever reason, has no shadow, making those pipe walking sections a bitch to handle. Everything else was difficult, in a fair way, and that's why I love it. It isn't like Crisis City or Aquatic Base in Sonic 2006 for being absurdly cheap, Eggmanland is, for the most part, legitimately difficult, with some abundant platforming. Several things in Eggmanland, such as fighting three titans at once, the fan room, and never ending, respawning enemies were some of the few reasons as to why I found Eggmanland, not just difficult, but to make me rage at the same time. Now recently, I've been trying to 100% Unleashed, and unfortunately for me, that includes the hotdog missions, even the ones for Eggmanland. The time limit is great, I can finish the level (with deaths) pretty quickly. The problem I have at the moment, is that whenever you die, you restart all over again. Which would really suck if you just died at the three titans part. So far, Eggmanland's hot dog vendor seems to be having a rather splendid time laughing at me.

2. ToxicAtom

ToxicAtom

that wierd town in florida that sounds like a firs
    Something Crappy You Probably Don't Care About.
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Egg_King

^I'm surprised this never came up. I would sit there, screaming at my ds lite "DAMN SHRIMP-GUNDAM-THING!" How dare sonic team make a boss that causes the game to lag. In hindsight, I'm one of those stubborn people who find the notion of "easy mode" moot, therefore, I can't say I couldn't beat that.

also, there's the usual "chemical plant, labyrinth zone, tidal tempest, etc." that are infamous for emotionally scarring children, and some other misc. things people already mentioned. However, I didn't really have a problem with the barrel, but that doesn't mean I knew the right technique off-the-bat. for about 5 years I thought you had to use carefully timed jumps to make it work, and it did, until I found out the real way to do it.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    It's weird seeing things like Sonic Generations mentioned in a topic called 'Things that made you rages as a kid'. This means I can't actually list anything that came out more recently than Sonic and Knuckles.

But if I could, Altitude Limit in Sonic Rush would qualify more than any other part of the series, I think. However, I loved Rush.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Even though I was probably about 12 when I played them, the last couple of Knuckles / Rouge levels in SA2. I still to this day hate looking for things in games, and I think this is why. I remember quitting several times out of frustration when I hit the 30+ minute mark. They were basically the single things that ruined SA2 for me.

But more recently and specific? Fucking Aquatic Mine. Fuck that level.

5. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Oh, god. Aquatic Mine pissed me off so much.

6. TheJediLuke

TheJediLuke

I bet you can hear the chorus in your head too. Member
    MI
    I played Sonic 2 before I ever played the first one, so trying to play it was utter madness. It was only a few years ago that I was able to sit down and beat it. I hated the special stages with a passion. Not being able to rev-up a spin dash was just as annoying.

But even with everything that annoyed me about the first Sonic game, I would rather play it then any of the Sonic game between Sonic Adventure ~ Sonic 06, with the exception of the Rush series. I know a lot of people like Adventure 2: Battle, but I can't stand it. I guess I'm just not meant to play a Sonic game that isn't 2D.

7. Vangar

Vangar

I always got stuck there as a kid. I seem to remember there was an extra life hiding somewhere in this level, like most Sonic 1 SMS bosses, but I could never find it.

8. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    It's under the water, if you jump down there is a ledge with the extra life on it. It pissed me off because in the MS version you just jump straight out of the water but on the GG you would sometimes get stuck down there and have to commit suicide to restart the level.

9. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the Genesis. As a kid I never really had problems with video games. When I first played Sonic 2 I went through all the levels pretty fast. Then I finally met my match, or so I thought. I then met the boss in Wing Fortress Zone. I saw life after life being spent on my futile attempts to beat it. When at last I did, I had no continues left and the normal amount of lives a player gets at the start. I had thought at that time that the boss was the last. I was to be proved wrong when I reached the true final level. I was excited and a bit terrified that I had finally reached the last level. That's when I met Silver Sonic, or whatever you wan't to call him. I lost a single life before beating him leaving me with 2 left. I had thought I was finished at that point until I finally reached the true final boss. A giant mechanized robot of Dr. Robotnik himself. I had absolutely no idea how to beat the thing. Having zero rings I quickly lost my second life leaving me with only one left. Well I got to him again and this time hit him in the proper spot, but I found it challenging to keep hitting the thing and so I finally lost. I remember raging afterwards and almost breaking my Genesis. It wasn't until I was 10 that I managed to beat the thing. I had to wait 6 years to beat a single boss. Boy I feel silly since today I could probably beat the entire game within half an hour or so. This was the only thing that made me rage as a kid while I played Sonic. This and a certain boss from Sonic CD, but that's another story for another day.