don't click here

Things that made you rage as a kid

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I can't find it, do you know what it's called?

2. I did that too. But what really made me rage was that it destroyed my saves :/

About the Homing attack bug, I never had that before. Not until the last time I played through. It took me over 20 mins to beat him.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

First time I played the game, I had no clue you could home the platforms. I was still... in HA denial mode? I don't know. I still play the boss like that sometimes (or parts of it). I had never heard of that bug either and I'm PAL too.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Homing attack bug has never ever bugged me personally, yet I've witnessed it when other folk have been round my place and playing on my game. For the record, 60hz AT ALL TIMES on my PAL version.

Also WHAT? Homing attacking platforms? That is both heresy and brilliant. Heresy because it's a new thing to me (and that boss is easy enough without, since I've done it countless times without this knowledge).

Brilliant? Well, consider being able to home-in on platforms during normal gameplay. We'd be able to platform at high speed, wouldn't we? ;)

5. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I always absolutely sucked at Marble Garden Zone when using Knuckles. I don't know why, but I just could not pass it for the longest time. Gods, that was infuriating.

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    You know in Wing Fortress there is that ground launcher jump right after the checkpoint? The one after the whole opening closing platforms of death? I couldn't figure it out. It always launched me too short and into the bottomless pit below. That is because I kept thinking I needed to running start into the launcher thing. After many hard earned lives and continues wasted it turned out the right way was that I had to land on it standing still and of course not touch anything while being launched in the air.

Also pretty much everyone gets trapped in Carnival Night Zone's barrel room.

[​IMG]

EVERYONE.

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Rage?

Well, when I was a kid, some things would make me sad, scared, and even tense. But rage? Sonic games never made me rage back then.

There were some things, however, that I found to be needless and frustrating. Some of which includes this:
    [​IMG]

But nothing aggravating enough for me to rag--
    ...okay, I take back what I said. THIS made me rage. Especially when I had only one live. :argh:

That happens because of the horizontal air speedcap; the launcher object sets Sonic's horizontal speed to 16, and, since Sonic is in middle air right at that point, if you press the directional button, Sonic's horizontal speed will be capped to 6, and he won't be able to make it to the platform on the other side, falling to his demise.

Of course, I didn't know it back then. :specialed:

In Sonic 3, the Level Select already enables the Debug mode by default.

8. Sonict

Sonict

What games made me rage...

- Sonic 2 in Chemical Plant Act 2 at the rising water section.
    - Sonic 2 Game Gear/SMS - Green Hills Zone ACT 3
    - Sonic 3 - Barrel in Carnival Night Zone
    - Sonic CD - Metal Sonic Race

9. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: The PAL version had the homing attack glitch, no matter what video mode I used. Hence I got rid of the game and bought the NTSC version. My site co-founder has my GCN games now... looking after them all for me until I get to the US.

Sonic CD: Can we say SPECIAL STAGES?! RAWRASDKSGLFSDHJRWELJG!

Sonic Heroes: Lost Jungle Zone... that fucking crocodile section! Damn, the amount of times I fell because I hadn't perfectly timed the jump. Well, sorry, but when you have this giant, snapping beast going after you, and the camera was focused behind you instead of ahead of you, it's kinda hard to judge sometimes.

Sonic 06: The entire gameplay... I think that's enough said there, lol.

Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit): Jungle Zone Act 2... Seriously, why did they have level boundaries move up as Sonic did on the console version, but not on the handheld version? That always pissed me off. Also, those vines in JZ were sometimes glitchy with collision. I remember falling through them every now and then.

All I can think of so far.

10. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    I'd say for me the worst part of my childhood was getting to the past/future in Wacky Workbench Zone.
    And the first time I got to Labyrinth Act 3. How was I to know you had to jump and hit a switch to progress. I must have wasted at least 8 mins going down the water slide section at the start. I thought I have to reach the bottom at some point.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    To this day I can't stand that fucking waterfall. I keep playing Sonic 1 on my iPod on the Tube and it makes me rage every time.

Also bubble generators in Labyrinth Zone, I swear I run around them, jump on them, stand by them for ages and nothing happens, leading to not only my inevitable demise, but also the far worse fate of hearing the countdown music which has haunted my dreams since I first played Chemical Plant Zone 2. :ohdear:

12. flarn2006

flarn2006

Surprised nobody's mentioned this yet.

[​IMG]

It's not that it always killed me or anything like that. It's pretty easy to avoid, and I knew to hide in the shadows even then. It only kept me stuck on that level because every time I ran into it it scared the shit out of me! Not anymore though.

13. God I hate that thing, I still haven't killed it either and I've had Sonic 2 GG for years. Raged so hard as a kid, came back to it a few years ago and STILL I couldn't beat it
    Anyway Sonic 3 was my first and I used to hate just about...everything about Carnival Night and the rising floor in Marble Garden...getting to Icecap has to be one of the biggest breaths of fresh air I ever had
    And finally those asterons in Metropolis, like when you're on one of those corkscrews, nearly at the top, one explodes before you have time to react knocking you all the way to the bottom and the corkscrew doesn't respawn until you go all the way to the left of the screen then all the way back again

14. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    Sonic's had several things that made me rage. Final Fortress, Crazy Gadget, Black Doom, Aquatic Base, Egg Golem, etcetera. But the things that made me rage the most? That would undoubtedly be the Biolizard and Lancelot Returns from SA2 and SatBK. Now, Biolizard isn't that difficult as a fight once you start to get a hang of it. That is, when you finish the boss. As a kid, with a low tolerance level, the Biolizard made me rage like mad. The purple orb thingies were difficult for me to dodge, and those red egg stuff were a pain to homing attack, the music was awesome though. I got so many game overs just from fighting that one boss, but this boss was at least fun compared to the Tails vs. Eggman Round two, which was just...frustrating, to say the least. Eventually I did beat the Biolizard and proceeded on to the Final Hazard, which shocked me as the fight was so easy. I love the Biolizard now though, I've gotten pretty good at fighting that boss.

As for Lancelot Returns, the only reason I did this boss was to unlock Silver (Galahad) for the multiplayer. Lancelot Round 1 was extremely easy, Gawain was extremely easy, Percival was a bit more difficult, but Lancelot Returns...talk about a difficult spike! Several deaths were caused by his Chaos Blast and that damn sword QTE. Sent me raging in my mind for a long time, that boss. To be honest, I still don't know how I beat that boss...if I go back and try it again, I just get owned by him again. Of course, I could also blame that on my neglecting of the guard method. :P

15. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    [​IMG]
    I cannot count THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I FELL OFF the edges trying to beat this boss!
    I know it's pretty straight forward: hit Robotnik, dodge ball while jumping to the other side, hit him again. I used to do it easier when I used to play it over and over when I was little, but now that I'm out of practice, boy is it a lot harder than I remember!

But for crying out loud when I skid off the edge and die, ARGH!

16. Blue Wisp

Blue Wisp

Easy on the car okay Member
    Hm... Labyrinth Zone, everything of it. (Do I need to explain?). Big Arms in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (At first, then I learned how to beat him). Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (God damn it Tails, stop stealing my ride in Hill Top Zone). Big the Cat's Level A challenges in Sonic Adventure (Yes, I actually did them [​IMG]).

That's pretty much I-
    [​IMG]

THIS... LITTLE...

I went too fast and I always got stuck there. Damned Mystic Cave Zone [​IMG]

17. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    Ah, Labyrinth Zone. Haven't touched Sonic 1 since encountering its boss. It's probably just me not being good at Sonic 1, but boy did that boss give me frustration. Eggman moves pretty quickly, I move to slow in water (not a fault really, this just adds to the difficulty in a way that isn't cheat), and those arrows are mean :argh: . If there's one good thing I'll say about Sonic 4 Episode I, it's the way they handled the Lost Labyrinth Zone boss.

18. Aerobian-Angel

Aerobian-Angel

"____________________" Member
    I could pretty much count multiple occasions from each game, so I'll just stick with the worst from the canons (by Sonic Generations' logic).

SONIC 1 (Gen.)
    - bypassing the Special Stage Ring

SONIC 2 (Gen.)
    - Metropolis Zone's badniks (the level itself was alright)

Sonic 3 (& Knuckles)
    - Big Arm's ability to harm Super/Hyper Sonic
    - Hyper Emerald Special Stages

Sonic Adventure
    - GRAB THE BAIT, FROGGY

Sonic Adventure 2
    - Artificial Chaos

Sonic Heroes
    - 75% of Team Chaotix's missions

Sonic '06
    - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox)
    - Eggmanland S-Rank

Sonic Colors (Wii)
    - Aquarium Park's Hermit-Crab thing

Sonic Generations (console)
    - Time Eater's lack of sense

19. Plenty of things listed here have made me rage. But as of tonight, Mission 53 on Sonic Adventure DX. My god what a piece of shit.

20. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Aww yeah, I remember getting stuck down there as Super Sonic and having to run out the ring meter. Bunch of bullshit, mang. Getting down there as Tails was worse since he was supposed to be able to, you know, fly.

Robotnik's speed traps and the barrel in Sonic 3 always pissed me off too.