don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    So I got the game on my Google Galaxy Nexus.

It runs freakin' slow. Everything except for the FMV seems to run at half speed. Which is weird because this is supposed to be a beastly phone.

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I finally got this for myself and a friend on Steam and I gotta say, lack of customizable keyboard controls is really annoying. Especially when the help only shows 360 pad controls and I don't have a 360 pad (I could've plugged in my PS3 controller, but I got lazy). Still better than trying to control it on iOS though; as much better as the iOS controls are than other games that use a touchscreen to emulate a D-pad and buttons, having something physical to press goes a long way, especially in Metallic Madness 3. I was unable to complete the game on iOS, but I breezed through it on PC.

Also, is it just my imagination, or do Tails' tails dither at the screen's actual resolution when he flies? Because that is AWESOME. It's the little touches like that which make this release so good.

3. corneliab

corneliab

I've beaten it multiple times with ease on iOS. Metallic Madness 3? Dusted in 1:16:35.

The lack of physical buttons really doesn't make as much of a difference as some people make it out to be.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's literally just getting comfortable with with the touch screen. A lot of my times on my Android are better than my console times. It's quite weird.

5. setz

setz

Oldbie
    hey guys check this out.

http://www.twitch.tv/skiffain/b/306604423

I got a best time :D

oh hey footbigmike is here. I hate your name.

And you guys should race this at speedrunslive. Thats what I've been doing, it's a lot of fun.

6. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    You have a phone that runs it in TAS mode, that is why :v:

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I will admit my phone helps me improve my times on the console version, though the jump from 15-20FPS to 60FPS makes the transition a little disorienting.

8. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    This also happened to me, which I did mention in the bug thread (even though it might not be a bug like I said there but whatever). Since I didn't have a gamepad plugged in at the time, I didn't know what was causing it. Seems that, for some strange reason, the game decided to recognize my webcam as a game controller. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense (it's not like I was doing some sort of Kinect trickery or anything). So make of that what you will.

9. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I checked that thread and someone mentioned their bluetooth dongle. I unplugged mine and the problem was fixed. It seems the game recognizes various usb accessories as controllers when they are clearly not.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sonic CD made this list:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/15-games-you-should-have-on-your-android-phone-6349200/

It's really great to see this get so much attention.

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

Eh, I can't time travel via the vertical conveyors in Quartz Quadrant any more. :(

12. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water

I am so very happy this statement was written.

13. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I honestly tried looking for this using the forum search and Google and came out of it empty-handed, so I gotta ask you guys, anyone got a good grasp on what the system requirements for this are? A friend of mine (NVidia GeForce 8400, 2 GB RAM, 2.66 single core CPU) is having trouble getting it to even so much as start (ends in a "Doesn't respond" error before it even starts), so, yeah.

15. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Updated my Desire to Android 4 ICS. The rom is really unstable (I'm going to downgrade), but does have hardware accelerated video. Sonic CD is now quite playable, seems to run at full speed.

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Finally bought this. Awesome.

Has any hacking been going on for this game? I'd really like to know if I can get the original songs back in the opening and ending themes.

17. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I was able to get the original songs back into the opening and ending with the iOS version, a jailbroken iPod, and some Video Editing done in Sony Vegas, and I believe somebody did the same thing too with the 360 version, but your system needs to be JTag'd before you can pull that off, which I wouldn't recommend doing at all.

18. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I wonder, has anyone fixed the endings for the PC version yet? I really want the lyrics back in the JP credits. Someone did it to the opening a while back and I refuse to believe nobody has done it for the endings on the PC version thus far.

Also, I 100%ed the game by now. Definitely a great remake/port as done by Taxman and Blit Software. There are bugs and issues of course, but all in all, this is the definitive version of Sonic CD for me.

19. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    No, no. The PC steam version is the one I have. I'd assume it'd be much easier to replace the video on that version, right?

On a side note: I found this sonic picture when I got to the good future of Quartz Quadrant. Was this in the original?

[​IMG]

20. It's not in the Mega CD version, at least.

[​IMG]