don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'm jazzed to hear my second most anticipated Sonic game (Retro Sonic's got the crown) hasn't been put on the backburner or thrown out. Long live Team Megamix!

2. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I didn't expect that you guys would cancel 6 or 7 years' work just like that.
    It's always cool to get an update on this and the title screen is looking tasty.

3. NHY

NHY

Good to hear this is still going in spite of recent drama, looking forward to playing the final release whenever it comes around ( hopefully before I die of old age.... just kidding! :eng101: )

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Excuse me sir, but this screenshot is not good enough. I demand to see it in action. I want a video of the title screen =|

Yes, I'm demanding a video of the title screen, not the levels. Kill me now :v:

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Tell me to get fucked for saying this if you want, as it is your game. But PLEASE knock that Megaman shit on the head, it's terrible!

Serious wood over that title screen though!

6. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    What are you talking about?

I love Sonic Megamix, even the leaked beta how ever many years ago seemed really polished. Really happy to see this still in production, good luck Team Megamix!

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I imagine he means the Mega Man remixes included in the chiptune soundtrack, like the Options theme and Metallic Base Act 4.

8. Tanks

Tanks

That's too bad. I do have a Sega CD, but I was hoping for alternate releases for the Genesis and Sega CD with some form of connectivity ala S&K maybe? Eh. A man can dream.... :rolleyes:

Just the same, I'm glad the project is continuing. Its hard to tell from a title screen, but based on past experiences, I'm all but certain that what's amazing now will get even better in the near future under your leadership, Stealth.

9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I will continue to watch from the sidelines, waiting patiently for the next release. It has always been interesting to watch, especially from the perspective of one such as I, who was here long before it even began, then watched it from the very beginning.

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Yes! Also, Iiiiiiiiiiit's SHOWTIME and K.O!!!! Need to go.

*ahem* Anyway I'm sorry I'm being a dick now, carry on team Megamix. We all know the fruits of your labours will be great for us all!

11. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.

I would rather not have Megamix be the template everyone does their hacks on. Then all hacks would be like Megamix, or even "I palette changed Megamix this is my new hack tech member pleez!!1"

What I think would be best is a custom basic empty template dissasembly engine whatever that mimics the classic sonic games for people build their stuff on. Something that isn't Sonic 1, 2, or 3K but mimics them. They wouldn't be hacks anymore, but homebrew genesis games. Also, it would be more legal, right?

12. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I'm glad to hear that the project wasn't cancelled in light of recent events.

I'm on the edge of my seat to see recent changes! I can't wait to hear the completed redbook audio!

13. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    While I disagree on both counts, isn't there something in the options menu that turns the KO sounds off?

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    On the subject of redbook audio, does it have to be? I know the quality will be there but I like to hear the music continuously looped because I loose the immersion when I hear the Sonic CD music fade out on stages.

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm so glad to hear Megamix isn't cancelled. I was really worried about the project's future.

16. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Megamix's are longer :P

17. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    A completely different question for once: How has the progress been since the 4.0b release in general?

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Oh you know, the usual.

Seriously though, I don't think we can answer that without giving out content, I would like the point out though that we have had several things shown off publically since the last release already (like a few screenshots here and there, the SNZ video, the music tracks often posted, and just recently that title screen image), so surely that should already be the answer to your question =P

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I don't like non-looping tunes either. And the fact they're longer than Sonic CD's only worries me more because that means it's more limited in terms of music (way moreso than the last release).

20. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I was more talking about the drive, rather than the actual content. Was the recent development productive or has nothing much changed since then?