don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So they weren't there before correct? Looks like its getting closer to announcement.

2. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Sonic 4 Ep1 appeared on the subscription tab now, there's 2 entries, one that says "Retail" in the end and another that doesn't. If I'm not mistaken, the one that says "Retail" is for those who buy the game through any store outside of Steam and then register it on Steam, the one that doesn't say it is for those who buy it through Steam.

[​IMG]

Usually when games are listed like this in the subscription tab means that they're really close to be released, I think it's quite possible that it could be released sometime in the next days/weeks.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ...*Ahem*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5MfDn_27X0

This pleases me, as you can see. can't wait to see what hackers will do once this is released. I know some of you already have delicious plans for this.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sonic 4: Episode 1: WORKING EDITION! :v:

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    With no boost panels or bubbles in site, and fixed spindash noises. It shall be a glorious day

And possibly classic sonic hacked into the game... hopefully.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hasn't it been mentioned before that a PC version will likely mean little difference for hackers?

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You know, because we all have modded PS3s and Jtagged 360s.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Or homebrewed wiis :v:.

I doubt a PC version won't be that difficult considering our resident hacker Polygon Jim among others has hacked Sonic 4 wii and studied it. funny you don't remember that topic Sparks considering your the second post. But I'm sure you were reffering to this topic as well. it was luckewarm at the time but maybe that attitude has changed now that Sonic 4 is coming to the PC.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I think what he means by that is that there isn't going to be any extra motivation. Which is true. Just because it's coming out on PC doesn't mean you'll see a wonderful rush of mods that makes the game to exactly what you wanted it to be.

Honestly, that was the most annoying thing that came out of anyone in the generations mega threads when the PC version was floating around. Everyone was under the assumption that our glorious tech members will gladly release mods.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's only partially true. It will at least open up the possibility for almost anyone to tinker around with the game, regardless of their technical know-how. So even without more skilled people releasing stuff there'll still be plenty of "Shadow in Sonic 4" texture swaps and all that kind of stuff.

11. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I don't see the interest in modding something like Sonic 4 which isn't quite a big technical feat. It's just a 2D Sonic game which I've already seen open-source projects do better with physics than it. You'd probably spend less time giving those open-source projects HD graphics support than REing whole Sonic 4. Then again, you could say the same argument for romhacks, except that they aren't broken and their technical limitations are kind of fun to play around with. (palettes, vram)

Generations on the other hand features a version of the Hedgehog engine on PC. :v: I'll expect to see the typical Shadow in Sonic 4 texture swaps though.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So in other words, you want a challenge!

Reguardless if the tech. members don't do squat here, theres still going to be mods for this game which I'm excited for and not just silly texture swaps either. Also I'm curious to see if anyone is going to search around the games code and its assets to see if theres any changes.

Personally other then the "fix my sonic 4!" edition that will be coming, I want someone to look into seeing if they can try to get that "Jammin with my ipod" iOS version wait animation working on the HD consoles version.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  14. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Usually games are only released on Steam after 6PM GMT (that is, after 10AM~12PM in the US, depending on the time zone).
    Once we reach 6PM GMT (which is in 1 hour, right now it's 5PM GMT), the games could be released any time, they could be released exactly at 6pm, or they could be released some hours later.

15. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I don't see a thing at the moment, but a poster in the above link is saying that both this and CD should be on Steam at 6pm (GMT). I'd take that with a grain of salt of course.

Edit: Semi-ninja'd

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  17. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    blogs.sega.com/2012/01/19/sonic-boom-hits-steam

Sega seem to think it's on sale now. It's not, but I think this means it should be soon!

18. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    It's on there now....

...but not available to buy for another hour.

[​IMG]

Edit:

System Requirements

Minimum:
    Processor:Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHz/Athlon 64 3000+ or Equivalent & above
    Memory:1 GB (2 GB on Vista) GB RAM
    Graphics:256 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 7600/AT Radeon X1300) & above
    DirectX®:dx90a
    Hard Drive:500 MB HD space
    Sound:DirectX Compatible

Recommended:
    Processor:Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.4 GHz/Athlon 64 X2 4200+ & above
    Memory:2 GB+ GB RAM
    Graphics:512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD 3800) & above
    DirectX®:dx50
    Hard Drive:500 MB HD space
    Sound:DirectX Compatible

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Steam usually updates 10 minutes from now, so it will probably be available for purchase then.

20. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    It's now on sale for £5.99