don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    He's referring to how Knuckles had his own paths in S3K, and how Tails' story should be more like that.

EDIT: fff top of the page. added quote.

2. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Did not the trailer specifically show them following each other and doing a combo move?

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I wouldn't expect anything like a "combo move", honestly. That might be reading too far into an announcement that had nothing to show besides a logo.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I don't remember that actually. I just watched the trailer again and all I saw was 2 glowing balls of light. I don't think there were any characters in it bro.

5. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    That is modern Sonic and Tails. Learn to appreciate their new designs. Not everyone has the same interests as you.

6. Lambda

Lambda

I imagine Tails will follow Sonic as a CPU, until someone starts to control the second controller, then he'll be playable. I mean, as previously stated, SEGA is OBVIOUSLY cashing in on nostalgia, what's more nostalgic than "you and your little brother playing Sonic and Tails"?

People love to say SEGA is stupid. That they have no clue what they're doing, and they're a failure, and all that stuff... truth is, they AREN'T stupid. They know that if they make a cheezy game and call it "Sonic the Hedgehog 4", that people will buy it, and they'll make alot of money. Does SEGA occasionally go out of their way to make a good game? Sure they do! Generations is a superb example of this! They NEED to make good games so people will buy the trash ones!

The sad fact is, unless I'm horribly mistaken, this strategy works for SEGA. Sonic has became a name that sells products. SEGA doesn't have pride in their properties, and they milk them for every dollar they're worth.

You want SEGA to focus on quality products? Boycott the bad games! Don't by trashy ports! Make their currient policies NOT WORK FOR THEM! The problem is, no one will do this. I know I won't. I wanna try Sonic 4 Ep. 2 eventually! SEGA has us trapped. :P

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Not really. Just try before you buy. How you do that is up to you. :ssh:

8. GamingMisfit

GamingMisfit

Jerk Member
    North Carolina, USA
    Review for Sonic CD (2011 Edition)
    You're an absolute dipshit if you think that it's even a possibility Tails isn't playable. Think about it. It's Tails 20th anniversary this year, Ken wore a BEARD looking like Tails. Quite frankly, I don't think SEGA are that big of jackasses they'd pull a sick joke like that.

9. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Looks like Episode 2 is coming to the PC:
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/01/is-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2-coming-to-pc/

10. Not too surprising at Episode 2 coming to PC. Seems like SEGA's finally realized the PC market's lucrative, almost as much so as another console. In fact I'd almost go as far as to say PC's become the fourth console but I'll leave that one for another thread and another day

Here's hoping this game doesn't suck

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Firstly, you're a trial member. Making a bad impression and swearing at other members comes AFTER you've been accepted in to the community.

Secondly, whilst I think we all know he'll be playable, this would have been the same crap they'd have pulled with Episode I- promising something major and letting the audience down at the last minute, so don't be surprised how low speople's expectations and speculations will get.

12. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    The fun thing about different classes of users is that we get to look down upon the smaller guys. Tell em' what to do n' stuff.

And everything hyped up about Sonic 4 Episode I was in the game. That Motobug, that ring, that tree - all of it was there.

13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It's never too early to start telling it like it is. He's making an excellent first impression.

14. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I think Microsoft deserves some credit in this regard with the Games for Windows initiative. Ever since I got my gaming PC I've been playing games I bought off steam with a wired Xbox 360 controller and I'm loving every minute of it. I know we'll always have the hardcore PC gamers who like using the keyboard and mouse and setting up custom keymaps and stuff, but having games that are designed with the 360 controller in mind really gives you a pick up and play experience. I don't think I would have enjoyed Generations as much with a keyboard.

15. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Water down all PC games because someone made a bare-bones port of a Sonic game.

Alternatively try playing it with a Saturn controller like a real man, assuming Sonic does not have a side-stepping seizure.

16. That's REALLY stretching things to give Microsoft credit for PC Gaming considering their efforts near enough destroyed it, but hey, if you're happy with Microsoft forcing their Xbox 360 controller to be standard on PC games to, then good for you.

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Except Xbox 360 controller support doesn't change anything for people who don't have an Xbox 360 controller. With or without support for it, you'd have to use your own joystick or a keyboard anyway. The only difference is, for games that do support it, everything's already set up for you if you do happen to have an Xbox 360 controller. It is no where near being a standard, let alone being forced.

18. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    I doubt Microsoft deserves most of the credit behind PC gaming but at least it sets a standard for having itself integrated into various PC games as it would be a common 1st choice for a PC gamepad. However I don't think many people love the Games for Windows services (I sure know I don't) which also makes me glad that if Sonic 4 episode 2 does get a PC release, it will not include the GFWL client and just sticks to steamworks like generations did. GFWL is still sadly not too region friendly.

19. 2D platformers are easy enough on keyboard anyway. The only thing I would want a joypad for is probably the Modern parts of Generations. Still looking into getting my PS3 controller on that... Point is, the Classic parts were easy enough, and emulating Episode 1 is no trouble either, controls-wise.

20. Is the "surprise" mentioned in the trailer that this won't suck?

Do ho ho.

/still gonna buy it who am I joking