don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Blend a bit more the gradient? The way it's now it looks like several circles to me, rather than one smooth gradient.

...is it 58 (111010) or 23 (010111)?

2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I'm pretty sure that inspector is smart enough to read such a code, I trust him. :v:

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Oh no, it's the same game, this is just one of those "Presents" screens, no reason for it, I just fancied giving my game some class =)

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Psst, were you good last year Retro? If so, then good old Mr.Jester "might" have a suprise for you this year:

[​IMG]

...Maybe ;)

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, that made me laugh.

It would be extra cool if he has to take the animals to a "robotizer" at the end of the level, mimicking what Flicky does with the EXIT doors in his game.

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Welp, there goes one of my possible ideas before I even have a chance to learn how to possibly code it.

Was thinking of Flicky itself going around collecting chirps on a sonic 1 level base, with a exit door somewhere in the middle. If possible, have the entire level loop horizontally. Pretty much Flicky game in Sonic 1. Flicky wouldn't move like Sonic, but move like FLICKY. Didn't know if I was going to actually do it though.

Hopefully I can still figure out how to code the Flicky item weapons into Flicky Turncoat DX. That is if I can ever get my laptop back and unvirused.

7. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Hack of the year. All years.

On a more serious note, I'm still flabbergasted you're taking on this silly idea from #SSRG - waiting to see the true colours of this, though!

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Hah, I like the looks of this one.

Plus we needed a properly made S1 Eggman hack.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Copy/Paste from SSRG:
    So I'm also working on a Sonic 1 16-bit hack along side my Sonic 2 8-bit hack. All I did so far was edit Marble Zone's boss, so yeah nothing new yet. I'm just getting a feel for hacking the 16-bit games again, since it's been a while. (And surprisingly, 68k asm seems much more simpler now than in the past... :v:) But here's a video of my boss edit, nothing too big at all. I only changed Robotnik's velocity so he strikes at Sonic, and slowed down the flames when they collide with the level's tiles.

10. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    [​IMG]

Yeah, why not?

(Note: It's still a WIP)

11. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    FFFfft.

YES.

As long as someone is actually doing it, in some form, that's fine with me.

12. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    So been messing with Lua and ASM and this is some random thing I made with it.
    Everything but the level edit in the video is applied through Lua, the warping, the scrolling, the boss(which is loaded from png files off the hard drive), the sound playing etc.
    Also the background is black because I couldn't figure out how backgrounds work/refresh/scrolled :(

13. This is lookin good! Racing with 2D Sonic layouts?!
    Unleashed-esque bosses?! DO WANT.

14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Very, VERY, nice, it's looking rather tasty, perhaps you should have the occasional 3 set of rings pass by that could be collected.

From this moment on though, I'll be keeping a close eye on your work.

15. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I think that would actually be a quite neat boss. ouo

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Tribeam: That was awesome! And I can actually see some potential in here. Not being limited to 68k only would be an awesome way to create new hacks, even though if that would mean LUA supported emulators only. Still very interesting.

17. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Well Sonic3 pissed me off so I moved to Sonic2, which is frustrating cause I gotta remake all my little hook things, anyway while being frustrated with that I tryed my hand at level making...and its very time consuming
    here's a screen

[​IMG]

On a separate note: If anyone with some ASM experience would like to help me with my lua stuff, (mainly just guidance) I could use it heh.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Oh wow, I actually love what I'm seeing here. It mixes tiles just enough to feel original. :)

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    While those tree trunks look nice with everything else, they look out of place because they make no sense why they are there. They look like they are meant to support something but do nothing of the kind and the shadows give it some weird fucked up optical illusion.

20. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Does this image stay in the palette limit of the Mega Drive? If yes, this is incredibly awesome! If not, this is only semi-awesome.