don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    [​IMG]

No gums. Must be afraid his teeth will fall out of place or something unless he's constantly smiling.

2. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Using the same exact model with the same awkward, poop-eating grin. Some things just never change, eh Sega? :rolleyes:

Though this is indeed a better start than last time. I'll be amazed if they include some sort of "Classic Mode" (which of course is 99.9% unlikely to happen).

3. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I find it funny how this seems to be yet ANOTHER fan mock-up proven true.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granted they're facing the wrong way and are in the wrong positions, but still, obvious outcome :V

So... The logo to Episode 2 was going to be shown. What, were they going to give an overview of Episode 2 (read: only revealing what we already know) and then go "btw this is the logo?" Because if that's their definition of "showing off Episode 2," the division working for Episode 2's PR isn't doing all that great >.>;

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It's not like it took a brilliant mind to think that the logo would be the Episode I logo, but with Tails.

5. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Have a high resolution version of the logo (original 3445 x 2756 is on SEGAs flickr account)

[​IMG]

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I like the mock-up better than the actual product :(

Still, good to see the hitch-hiker thumb pose make a come-back. It looks crappy because of how they dealt with the model here, but the way it was in Sonic 2 was much cooler looking than the finger-wagging in Sonic 1, 3, Knuckles, etc.

7. Well...I can't necessarily say it was a waste of time. I did get to see some fancy new tablets and hear more about the new tegra so I got something out of it at least. I don't have any real problems with that logo except Sonic's derpy mouth.

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Oh wow, that's not only some real render FAIL, it has also made my night.

Good job pointing it out my man.

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    All those pixels you don't even need! Or will see!

And yes, it was obvious from the start, practically, that Episode II's logo would be vitually the same as I but with Tails. What I find sad is that the logo is basically Sonic having the same wtf expression on his face, and the fact that, like Episode I, the positions of the characters mirror those of Sonic 2 (like Sonic's Episode 1 pose to Sonic 1). That's borderline lack of creativity. Plus, since this is suppose to be a SEQUEL to the classics, and not a remake, it just seems out of place / desperate. In the case of Sonic Generations with all those HD renders and scene recreations, those were made for the purpose of nostalgia (like the game itself, even). Sonic 4 is suppose to be a sequel, right? Why beat Nostalgia as if it's a dead horse, especially when we just got the game that pretty much covered the Nostalgia factor? :|

</minirant> I'm probably just being a pixel bitch. tl;dr, it's just kinda lame. That's all.

10. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Why did I think this would not be another train derailment?

I guess Sonic Generations and Sonic CD mean nothing after all; oh well!

11. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    They definitely mean something, both were great in my opinion and many others and Sonic really is starting to stand for quality though.

However, not many people have much faith these days in Dimps making Sonic games after the recent Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Sonic Generations 3DS. It also is disappointing to see them trinkling minimal info out again like they did with episode 1 when building it up to be some big reveal. It is a nice throw-back and the logo isn't bad, just not really awe-strucking either. It looks like the Sonic 4 logo except Sonic is telling us to take a hike or else Tails is going to give us a knuckle sandwich.

But still nice to have Tails in the fray. Will we be able to play as him in Episode 1 now is the question.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I don't really give a fuck if they keep pumping out shitty Sonic 4 episodes so long as they keep upping the quality of the main series like they have been.

13. corneliab

corneliab

A logo? No one gives a shit- not even the people running that conference, apparently.

Games typically premier with footage and screenshots. Those are the things that get people talking... not fucking logos.

14. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, something is odd if I'm the one being more cynical than you.

As I said earlier in this topic, this will probably be an "improved" Sonic 4 Ep 1. Somehow I doubt that will reach anything near the heights of Sonic Generations/CD remake, mostly because they'd have to sort of throw Episode 1 under a bus to do that.

More likely, from my perspective, is that they make this the last episode and then just distance themselves from their Sonic 4 work altogether. Sonic 4 as a whole being sort of one of their early, not terribly successful experiments at getting people like us to like their work again.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Episode I sold quite well. Regardless of our opinions I don't expect them to abandon the series.

16. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Sonic still looks like he pooped himself but, it's pretty good otherwise. Looks a lot more like the Sonic 2 logo then Episode 1's looked like the Sonic 1 logo.

Edit: If you can't make heads or tails of my derp, I'm saying Sonic 4 Episode 1's logo doesn't draw nostalgia like Episode 2's does.

17. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Holy crap, airbrush out the weird lighting on his smile or give him a new expression. It's going to keep looking like a grimace.

18. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Meh, I like the title screen. It's a bit disapointing how similar it looks to Ep 1 though with the talk of a new graphics engine and stuff. The art direction hasn't changed much. I don't have any problems with Tails' mouth, he just looks excited, but I guess we needed a new BAAAWWW GREEN EYES thing to bitch about, so there you go.

19. Well that Logo's awful. There's my 2 pennies. Shame they didn't go with a Mock up and the likes, it only gives bad impressions of where this thing's going. Cue the Reverse Sonic Cycle (PARANOID SONIC FANS EVERYWHERE~)

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So the Nvidia guys didn't even bother showing the logo? That doesn't speak too good about the game's quality...