don't click here

There's Something About Tails [unofficial topic]

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Blastfrog, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Project Dark Fox

Project Dark Fox

Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant Member
    Lexington, NC USA
    There's Something About Tails, a ZDoom mod
    I've insisted that the voice acting is going to be far too much of a hassle to deal with. We're just going to upgrade the dialogue from simple text lines (as seen in the trailers on YouTube) to nicer black text boxes with portraits.

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Fair enough. Gives the game a much more retro influence. Although I'm sure there were a few talented entrepreneurs who could've stood up to the job, but as you will.

3. Project Dark Fox

Project Dark Fox

Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant Member
    Lexington, NC USA
    There's Something About Tails, a ZDoom mod
    It was to save said entrepreneurs' insanity than ours; the scripts keep getting fine tuned as we're/I'm lopping off whole segments of maps to make SURE the experience remains fun, not to mention that progress has remained slow for about two years. Sodaholic has not been on-board for long and he's done far more in six months than I did those two years.

4. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Just so you guys know, development of the demo is almost done. Expect it soon. Whoops, spoke too soon.

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Holy shit I might have to play DOOM now.

6. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    As inactive as I seem, curious how you filled that *gap* so quickly. As in beforehand it sounded like you guys still had issues with the story and all of that but your telling me a demo is soon? I may not be on Retro often but damnit I'm gonna check this thread daily now.

7. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I don't recall any story issues or "gaps". There were gameplay and scripting bugs we still had to work out, but most are fixed.

We were already planning a demo by the end of the year in the first place.

It's not gonna be out that soon, so there's no need to check the thread daily. What I meant is that it should be out in early to mid December.

8. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Ahhhh I had a feeling it was a little closer, still though can't wait to try out one of the most interesting Sonic concepts I've heard of.

9. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Just for general public knowledge, despite being 99% done, the TSAT demo will unfortunately not see release this year. PDF wants to do some sprite related work on it before it gets released, and I was informed that it won't be at least until January. I apologize for announcing that it would be released in 2011, I did not foresee this delay occurring.

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    PDF decided to throw another fit and cancelled the game. Sorry guys. :(

11. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    Damn, and I was looking forward to Sonic Doom 3...

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Can you go into detail? Truth be told I'm pretty disappointed about this considering how much I enjoyed the comic.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yes more details please. I like to know why he went FUCK YOU ITS CANCELED on us.

14. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Basically, he let me take over the project, and didn't give me any direction for development, then he gets pissed at me because it didn't end up being his "vision". He said that if he ever started the game again, it would be from scratch.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31710

15. Impish

Impish

Why not use your resources to make a sonic doom mod without any of PDF's influence. Just use sprites you made yourself and more original ones to make a game totally apart from the comic.

16. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I don't really have much motivation to make my own Sonic based Doom mod, sorry. If anything, I'd rather focus on my other projects that have been neglected. Besides, much of the content I made for TSAT was pretty TSAT specific, it wouldn't really work outside of that.

17. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Well thats unfortunate, I was really looking forward to this.

18. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Ditto, the comic is awesome, would have been nice to see this developed. Maybe once he ends the comic this can be picked up again (at least that's how I see it).

19. Scripten

Scripten

-Deleted-

20. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Sodaholic, if it's not asking to much would you be able to show us what you guys did get done so far? There would be no real reason to it but I am extremely curious as I'm sure many others are to see what the game would have looked like more today than that trailer in 2011. I'm sure a lot has changed since that trailer and even a youtube video or if it's possible a *demo* so to speak even if it's unfinished of the first level of the game? Feel free to decline it's completely understandable but after hearing all these progress reports it would be nice to see how far you guys actually got.