don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    Are people suggesting that this remake requires a shit-ton of horse power to begin with then? I was kinda itching for a PSP port in the future.

2. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Probably more horsepower than something like a DS, but a PSP might be enough. I'm just guessing here though, since I don't know how the Retro engine works.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is Boss!! and Final Fever different in any way in the US version? Otherwise I don't see the point of Final Fever and Boss!! both being on the US track version.

4. Digiku

Digiku

Oldbie
    I believe on Final Fever US, the evil laugh vocals are more ominous, and the chimes at the very end of the song are played longer. I'm not bothered to check for sure, though -- and granted, the difference is small enough that if Wave Master were putting out this soundtrack, they might ignore one of the songs and just go with the other.

Also I know Final Fever US loops unnecessarily twice like Special Stage JP :v: Not sure if Boss!! US does. If I'm ever bothered to re-up, I will.

5. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Nah. The only reason people tolerate the bullshit that is Origin is because Battlefield 3 forces you to use it. In fact, it sometimes put me off playing it, despite liking the game! If Sonic CD was Origin only, I wouldn't be buying it, that's for sure.

6. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Also the KOTOR sequel.

7. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Off topic, but TOR kinda sucks anyway.

Anyway, I bought the Android version and I'm very pleased with the controls. I thought the D-Pad would blow ass like most software controls do. It feels natural.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If this came for DS I would pay $20 easily :V

9. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    So after playing the PS3 version, I got myself the Android one. Let's just say that on a HTC Desire, the game is a bit slow (a third of the real speed) but there are no display nor sound issues.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [LINK]

So the pre-order offer ends in less than 11 hours. I guess this means the game might release really soon?

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Good lad for buying multiple copies!

12. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    So heh, how about that release date for the Steam version?

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I really hope SEGA eventually gives us an answer on why Sonic CD is releasing to the PC so much later. I considered getting on the PS3 because it's taking so long but I changed my mind because I much rather have it on PC. :/

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    What happened to the countdown?

15. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    It ended because they didn't know the release date. Sega hasn't announced a release date due to their sincere commitment to their PC fanbase.

16. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

The countdown was only related to the pre-order discount, the release date was always listed as "January 2012", it never had a specific release day listed.

17. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Piracy. I don't think of other reasons since the game was probably developed on the PC.

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Sonic Generations was released a whopping four days on PC after the console versions. I don't think that's the reason, especially since we have seen how well the game has been selling via iOS charts and the like. I'm going to go ahead and say that there are some disagreements between Sega and whoever is doing the digital distribution. IIRC we have not seen Sonic CD on the Steam registry as of yet like with all the other Sonic games, so can't rule out that Sega may put it somewhere else.

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    But iOS suffers from the same problem. It takes like five minutes to pirate anything. In fact, pirating a game with Steamworks is likely to be a BIGGER inconvenience, since most pirated Steamworks games require either a cracked copy of Steam or a Steam emulator of sorts, which can interfere with the normal use of your real Steam account in the mean time.

20. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Like this guy said:
    [​IMG]
    I bought the game, though. If piracy is their reason, Steam piracy is so much more of a pain in the ass than iOS piracy is, look how fancy Installous is.