don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Do we know what time the trailer will go up? I don't suppose it would be a midnight release type-a thing, though it would sure be nice.

2. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

So, yeah. If we're getting it on the Xbox Live market place, it would probably be up around 3AM.

EDIT: Video of the Teaser, not the game itself.

http://www.gamespot.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2/videos/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2-ken-balough-interview-6348001?tag=updates%3Blatest%3Ball%3Btitle%3B1

It's up.

3. Nova

Nova

Bored and uninterested until "new graphics engine" and "new physics engine", and now clapping my hands together like an excited seal. :V

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    WHERE'S THE FREAKING GAMEPLAY

Well, at least it sounds like they're doing some physics changes. Thank goodness.

EDIT: And dang. New physics and graphics engine? Against my better judgement, my hopes are being pumped up again. BUT JUST GIVE ME GAMEPLAY

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Want to see the new trailer?

Here you go guys!

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Except this time with Tails instead of an obvious Sonic logo! Seriously, SEGA. Why the fuck do you make trailers like this? We didn't even see Sonic or Tails, all we saw was 2 balls.

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KhMsQij8H0&feature=player_embedded

For anyone that can't view gamestop's version or don't want to. In the full video Ken says that Ep. 2 will be using a physics engine, and have a new graphical style. Oh and Tails as well.

Also Chimpo is a wizard

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
  9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So has there been any change to that Sonic 4 Episode 1 posting on the Steam Registry?

10. Then it's decided. On the release day of Sonic 4: Episode 2 I will buy the PC port of Sonic CD.

11. Nova

Nova

If Episode 2 is close to release and the general consensus is that the game is another disappointment like the first, Sonic Retro should definitely collectively boycott it and do this instead. I know I will be.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    You do realize you're sounding like the idiots who wanted to boycott Episode 1 by buying Sonic 1, right?

13. Nova

Nova

That would be the same, if Sonic CD wasn't an extremely well-done effort on Taxman's part and a real sign that Sega does care. I'd like to think that my purchasing decision (ie. Taxman's release of CD as opposed to Episode 2) is at least giving Sega an indication of what I, as a consumer, want in a product.

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Even then, it's still giving SEGA money, which is counter-productive when you're trying to boycott one of their products.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ok then we will donate money to Taxman and pirate the PC version, is that fair?! :v:

Seriously this is getting kind of silly. lets just wait to see what S4E2 will look like before we start jumping ship.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And more to the point, keep the Episode 2 discussion to the Episode 2 thread. Posting in here to try to avoid the heightened attention of Shark Week isn't going to work.

This thread is for Episode 1, NOT 2.

17. MysteriousFunction

MysteriousFunction

Screw the rules. Member
    In my room
    Sonic: Unknown Universe, Robotic Souls and other shit
    Meh, Sonic 4 is okay, but it get's really boring after a while. The stages are way to similar to stages in Sonic 1 and 2. The music's pretty fucking annoying to me aswell. I just don't like how everything feels the same.

18. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Since the version ID was updated from 0 to 2 there hasn't be any changes.

EDIT: Scratch this, a few hours after I posted this there's been an update, the version ID has been updated from 2 to 5.

[​IMG]

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  20. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

In the Steam registry, the Current Version ID for unreleased games is usually listed as version 0, when games are launched the registry is updated to show version 1, and with any patch that is released for the game, the ID is increased.

No idea why Sonic 4 Ep1 was updated from version 0 to version 2 and now version 5, I wonder if maybe the launch version/release candidate version had problems and the updates to version 2 and 5 were patches to try to fix the problems?