don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gold lightning

gold lightning

Sorry I just can't believe this. That's because of how Sega touted that Episode 1 was built from the ground up when it was really built from Sonic Rush. I expect nothing more than some tweaks to the existing engine. I'd love for Sega to show some damn gameplay footage and prove me wrong though.
    But to be honest, as long as they fix most if not all the issues, I don't care how they do it.

I wouldn't count these out just yet. IIRC it took Sega quite a while to release info about a WiiWare release for Episode 1. Not to mention they also took almost up until launch to announce a PC version for Generations.
    But if there is a pc release the Wii can fuck off

2. serpx

serpx

Due to the limitations of the Wii in regards to online digital games, it not being included shouldn't be a surprise.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Another thought that came to me- one of the recent Sonic 4 ports had Sonic not being cel-shaded, right? Suppose that's the "new graphics engine"?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Wii Ware release of E1 was annouced right at the start- it was the iPhone one they tried to keep hush hush about. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no Wii one this time around. Although E1 got one, Nintendo puts horrible limits on the size of the games. If any of those limits were partially to blame for E1's shittiness, then they'd do well to get rid of it. Sucks for the folk who only have a Wii, but anything to make Sonic 4 live up to it's name is worth it.

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Even without the .jpeg collage graphics, I still hate the Sonic Rush/New Super Mario Bros. approach of having a 3D character model on a 2D plane. It just bothers me and feels very much looks like forgoing the aesthetic advantages of either to get the time saving advantages of both. Go all 2D or all 3D.

Metal Sonic's face is the modern design (you can tell by the ears and head shape) while Tails'...tails seem to be the classic design (from the pattern separating the white and orange.

Have fun.

6. Falk

Falk

Are there even people who only have Wiis in this day and age left to bitch about it? I'd have thought they'd have either committed suicide or stopped caring altogether after missing out on Generations.

edit: fixed the most broken sentence structure ever

7. H Hog

H Hog

The Ultimate Oswald! Oldbie
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
    Granted, shitty as though the Wii size limit may be, it's really... kind of necessary for the console, seeing as its internal memory is really kind of shite.
    That said, I wouldn't shed a tear about Wii being dropped - I have been a Wii gamer for the longest time until eventually I sucked it up and got a 360.
    Nowadays I honestly can't believe why I didn't get one sooner.

(They should totally make a compiled version for Wii U along the line once the "saga" is complete, to make up for it.)

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's already been said, but obviously I'm a bit worried about the lack of the Wii version. I can't see why they couldn't release it on Wii, Episode I managed it and it's going to be the same sort of game here. If download limits are a problem, they could easily circumnavigate this by having the game split in to two parts, and downloading two seperate files to make the full game could be a possibility.

What they said was that the game would be on even MORE platforms this time, so for the Wii to be missed out and when it's where a large percentage of Sonic fans are at is an obvious bit of stupidity.

Maybe they'd be looking to release it for 3DS instead, in which case, I'd rather play it on a TV.

Nevermind aye, perhaps we'll get a Steam version.

9. gold lightning

gold lightning

Damn you're right. I could've sworn that they kept the Wii version secret for a while. Must've been while the game was still marketed as Project Needlemouse. But I can't seem to prove that right now so just disregard the whole thing.
    My reason for a possible pc release still stands atm though.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

*Disregarding* Maybe you're thinking of Generations? They announced the 3DS version quite a while after the PS3/360 ones.

11. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    It will be good as long as they physics aren't as jacked up as they were in EP 1.

It will be even better if the music isn't as shitty as it was in EP 1.

It will be completely awesome if it fixes the above and Metal is playable

12. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    You know the Wii U might be out by the end of next year right? I wouldn't spend time on a Wiiware version when I could be doing a WiiUWare version that hopefully wouldn't have to suffer any size constraints like on Wiiware.

13. NO GODDAMNIT THIS IS THE SAME WAY I FELT ABOUT THE LAST TRAILER AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED THERE
    I hope "Tails is playable" means co-op and versus, for maximum nostalgia.

14. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    So I'm gonna sit over here and rock back and forth until a Steam version is announced. Also gonna do the reply spam I usually do.
    I don't see a problem with 1-2 seconds of loading, honestly.

Fuck yeah

You know if they add Metal as playable it'll just be the shit they pulled in SADX right

15. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    I thought that guy in the video looked fucking ridiculous.
    But it's nice to hear the select updates that will be made possible in Episode 2.
    I'm going to be honest, I was never aware of that down hill spin ball problem until he mentioned it.
    I just never noticed it.

16. synchronizer

synchronizer

So much for a three second gameplay snippet... Well I'll be hopeful for this, but I'd like to see some gameplay some time soon.

17. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Even if there was a graphically down graded version for the Wii, I would be satisfied. The same could be said of SG. It makes no sense to stop producing Wii games when it is still a popular console and over 80 million of them have been sold. That's alot of potential customers to exclude.

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

Ken says that they are making changes within the Sonic 4 framework, therefore the Dimps engine.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So lets shoo the pink elephant out of the room.

Leaks. think its going to be the same rigmarole as last time? or do you think SEGA will take extra measures?

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Which makes me worry about the potential for "lock-on".