don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Do I smell a shameless plug here? :v:

2. dsrb

dsrb

Thanks a lot!

3. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    Ick. Wacky Workbench "P" mix had a bit at the end cut off. It's easy to miss, but there's supposed to be an extra measure there so the hi hat doesn't go away. I don't know how to make a logg file, but here are my old rips (recorded with Fusion): the intro part, the looping part and the composite version loop metadata should be slapped onto. This should really get fixed.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's actually really easy to make a logg file. Take a standard ogg file (Might only work with Vorbis, I'm really not sure), and add a tag called "LOOPSTART" containing the sample number for it to loop back to, and optionally a "LOOPLENGTH" tag with the number of samples after LOOPSTART for it to play before looping (otherwise it just loops at the end). Since the music in this was already in OGG format in the game's data, I didn't do any audio editing at all, and just added the LOOPSTART tags (as far as I can tell, they all loop from the very end). If anything's missing, take it up with Taxman. :P

Only halfway. I didn't actually make ff7music, only the installer because people were having a ton of trouble getting it to work right and the original author disappeared years ago.

5. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Ah, I see.

Anyway the add-on you linked won't work in Winamp, but the loggs will work fine in VLC Media Player fine, minus the loop points.

6. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Vgmstream doesn't work in winamp? I swear I'm using it right this moment.

It's possible a recent update to vgmstream broke it, but their winamp builds have generally worked fine for me in the latest version of Winamp.

7. corneliab

corneliab

Playing this on an iPad has given me a completely new appreciation for this game. It just lends itself so damn well to this thing.

I even felt compelled to tackle the time attack modes and unlock everything. Sickeningly snazzy work... and it was only 3 bucks. Jesus.

8. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    That's what I was aiming for. I'll just crosspost it in the bugs topic so it gets some attention.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Would anyone be willing to make a 320 mp3 version of these?

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Seconded, please.

11. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Your problem is that you haven't added these to the Winamp root directory. vgmstream will not register unless they are found by Winamp.

12. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    I actually added those, and it still wouldn't work.

Anyway, we're starting to derail the topic here, so I'll just leave it at that.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You can use LOOPPOINT too instead of LOOPSTART.

14. <anon>

<anon>

Oldbie
    Any more news on a PC release date?

15. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Considering the Steam holiday sale ends Jan. 1, I'd expect not to hear any news until at least Jan. 2 if not later.

Here in the States Jan. 2 is a Monday - beginning of the week, etc. No idea if that'd make a difference for expectations.

16. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I hope the PC release is good, because I will probably buy it. I want to encourage more PC releases now that I don't have an up to date DS.

17. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I'm downloading the android ap right now. =)

18. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I have unlocked everything in the droid version, I thought I wouldn't as I don't like touch controls but the controls in this were such an improvement over anything I experienced on the iPhone, that it didn't really bother me.

19. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    Hey Taxman, you know if any other ports are being planned for the future? SCD '11 would be pretty killer on a PSP, and I don't have a PS3, aaaaaaand it would mean not worrying about running my iPhone battery down while I'm on the move, so yeah. :v:

20. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Playing time attack has made me realise how much I despise Collision Chaos and Metallic Madness. Ugh.