don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. celebi23

celebi23

Damn, still having problems downloading the files on my Droid 2. Taking forever :argh: Had no problem playing it on my 2nd-Gen iPod Touch though. It's just that I have my Droid with me wherever I go. My iPod, not so much. Anyhoo, liking what I've seen/played so far Taxman. Great job! :thumbsup:

2. Ravi Singh

Ravi Singh

Los Angeles, CA
    The Snake Soup
    Yeah that's what I thought. He probably didn't recognize the intro music without the vocals and jumped to a false conclusion.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You get the two gamerpics simply by traveling in time. I don't think there is actually a theme.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    There's that European (really nice) PS3 theme, but none for the 360.

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    May've missed someone saying it already, but the "Euro" theme is on the US store. Game itself is still unaccounted for, just the free trailer and theme.

6. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    Already tried to kill every single app and service I could, but it didn't seem to make any difference... thanks for the tip though!

But that's a bit odd, because I've never seen any other game or app lag at all in this phone, even emulators run at a fluid 60 fps. I would assume I would have seen this artifact before if it were simply that the GPU can't handle it...

Would love to hear The Taxman thoughts on this, but I guess he is completely overwhelmed by the number of posts and messages by now :/

7. Montblanc

Montblanc

Well, if that helps to track the issue the phones were two low end devices, a ZTE Blade and a Huawei Sonic (I like the name of the later :v: )

All I can say is that both HTC Desire and ZTE Blade run slow and have a WVGA screen, while the Huawei Sonic runs faster compared with the other two with a HVGA and half of the RAM, so screen resolution peraphs have something to do with the problem...

8. TheBoshy

TheBoshy

It's Boshy Time!!!
    Who else is really excited for the PS3 release? I do not own an Xbox so, I am really excited to play this on a console.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    At the end of the trial on the 360, on the "BUY NOW" screen, the two gamer pics are shown to the left, and a theme shown to the right (the Stardust Speedway one the PS3 got).

I don't know if they're just advertising that there is one, or that you can get one with the game, but it's shown there regardless.

On that note I need to get this already why can't I just buy a 400 Microsoft Point card fffff

10. Seeing as the PS3 demo doesn't advertise the theme in that area, I'm assuming it's unlocked in-game somehow.

11. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Yeah, the old FPS games. S'not like I have a Wizoo for Aleph One portable and old Macs for the Trilogy release and PiD. Just a fun note. =P

12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Alrighty. Consider that done. Now to wait and see how Sega are sending the code, and when for that matter. Haven't heard any reply since my reply to their email. Maybe they're sending literal download codes inside the package with the CD? (unlikely and impractical, but we'll see what happens.)

Spencer Nilsen is the guy who did all the USA music. He also did both the Ecco the Dolphin soundtracks. He's got a pretty unique sound.

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Got my soundtrack CD yesterday, but no download code in it. Plus they haven't even asked what system I'd want a code for yet anyway. Most likely won't be till at least Monday now too.

14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    By the way if you own an HP TouchPad and are running the brand-new Cyanogenmod alpha (3.5) it runs like butter.

On 3.0... Wow was it bad.

15. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Prepare to be disappointed, here's the one you asked for:
    Data/Music/US/R3C.ogg
    The looping information isn't embedded in the ogg headers. At least, vgmstream isn't looping them for me. So they're not going to loop unless someone adds that information to the headers.

Here's another, this one from the JP soundtrack just as a teaser:
    Data/Music/JP/R1D.ogg

These were ripped from the iOS version. I'm not sure if all of the ports use Vorbis audio because I've only looked at iOS so far. Don't take this as any indication that a full music rip is coming soon, because I've still got some work to do before that will be possible and I'm going to take a break now and come back to it after the holiday.

16. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Just out of interest, how long did it take to extract that from the rsdk file? I didn't exactly provide any info on the container format :P

17. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    It took me about 4 hours yesterday, and most of the day today. So probably about 12 hours total. I had started to rewrite the decryption code back into C, but that would have taken me several hours more to figure out where everything was coming from and I just wanted to confirm if I found the right method first. (The several EOR instructions and the two password looking strings gave it away)

I cheated, which is why I haven't ripped the whole thing yet. I took a memory dump of the executable after it was loaded, found the subroutine that decrypts data and used a breakpoint to find out where it was being written to. Then I just dumped the files from memory after you decrypted them for me. It would have probably taken less than 2 hours had I done this before, but I've never tried hacking an iPhone app before.

Once I figured out that you were using vorbis, I realized you were probably loading the entire file at once instead of streaming it. Had it been streamed, I would have had to actually do all of the work myself.

18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Nice, so it lasted pretty much as long as I estimated then heh. Not that there's anything particularly secret to hide in there, it's more for if the user wants to store their scripts as text instead of bytecode (the latter option is used for fast loading).

19. Kampfer

Kampfer

Finally got a chance to play this on my Xbox. Absolutely love it, and will recommend to anybody I know. Great work, it looks and plays great.

20. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Hrm...

Is it me, or is there something wrong with the audio in the iOS version? I mean, either the music volume is too high, or the SFX volume is WAY too low. Maybe both! In any case, I can barely hear the sound effects at all; the music entirely washes them out. On my 360, the audio's just fine, though.

Either way, PROPS (Tax)man. You made this fun game come back with a vengance, and on multiple platforms. Sweet stuff there :V

My only complaint is the fact you and SEGA didn't make this a 3DS title. Yeah, no Ninteno systems and etc, but it would have been awesome IMO to have 3D controlled in this game like it is in the 3D Classics version of Kirby's Adventure. Hell, if Sonic CD was put onto the 3DS, it could be considered a 3D classic itself :P

Anyway, just.. Awesome stuff, man. Fix that problem and this game is perfect :V

EDIT: This probldm with the audio apparently doesn't affect the ring get sound effect. For whatever reason, that one's normal volume, and when you crank up the SFX volume and lower the music, ot becomes obnoxious X_x