don't click here

Sonic game remake discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blastfrog, Dec 6, 2011.

1. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Somewhat off-topic, about Sonic Triple Trouble: some emulators can play a GG rom and expand the screen area to Master System resolution. The only one I can think of right now is SMSAdvance, which runs on the GBA. Of course that's only 240x160 (GBA resolution) but it's still a very good improvement over 160x144.

2. Frodo T. Baggins

Frodo T. Baggins

I may be crazy, but weren't the blue springs brought back for Sonic Advance 3? That game seemed to take a few of the good ideas from KC and make them even better.

I may not like Sonic Advance 2 and 3, but, they beat the shit out of STH 4 any day of the week. Those are games that should be remade/rereleased, along with the GG Sonics.

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    [​IMG]

Make it happen, Taxman.

4. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I hope if the next gen of consoles has the classic Sonic games as downloadable titles, that they're well made like Sonic CD. I think the new port is great.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I love sonic 1 so much I'd love to see it get the taxman treatment, add in time trials just like how sonic cd handles it, throw in unlockable tails or knuckles and if sega would do so, remake the sound track to cd standards instead of chiptune.

oh my god.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well wtf do you expect? The whole point of this topic is "I want a remade classic game remade on the Retro engine with x y and z new features." If we weren't asking for these new things then we'd be ok with the crappy emulator ports they've done so far.

7. Frodo T. Baggins

Frodo T. Baggins

I wouldn't mind a remade Sonic 2 with the finished beta zones and 16-bit updates to the exclusive Master System zones. That'd be super cool.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Getting an official finished rendition of S2 Hidden Palace would be nice, a big problem however is that not even official sources seem too sure how it was supposed to be designed.

Wood Zone would be nice as well, but again half finished, and would likely require a few completely new mechanics and objects just to make it a proper level.

9. Flygon

Flygon

Given the fact Somari actually had some good layouts (albeit, with many minor technical issues and a physics engine that has horrible jumping mechanics)... this is a fantastic idea! I've always wanted to see Somari redone with a proper (read: fix the jump mechanics... the rest is actually surprisingly good for a NES game) physics engine! :)

10. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Dunno if somebody already suggested it, and I know I'm definitely not alone with this suggestion, but they should take Sonic 2006 and give it a big face lift. The first (and most obvious) thing they should do is fix the gameplay physics. Wether they use Tax's or the Unleashed/Generations engines, They should just simply take out all the bugs and make it actually playable. The second: fix the story. 2006's story wasn't bad per se, but I don't think Sonic becoming involved with a human princess was a good idea (that's the Mario Bros. gimmick after all). I actually think the whole "Rescue the Princess" thing could've been set In the Archie universe (for obvious reasons) and separated from the main cannon instead of being subject to retroactive continuity like it was.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic 06 deserves a remake similar to the remake I'd like to see with Sonic Adventure. Keep only the environments/level names/bosses in concept. Change everything else. How Sonic plays, how Shadow plays, how everyone plays. Add Unleashed like gameplay. Update the graphics. New level layouts. Fix Silver... a lot. Change the story, etc. etc.

12. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I think the easiest of the 3D Sonic games to remake is Sonic Unleashed. Give it Generations controls and gameplay changes, make some of the bottomless pits deaths less cheap, make the werehog optional, etc. I wonder if Sega will port ever port Sonic '06 or Sonic Unleashed to PC.

13. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    I thought Unleashed had a PC release. Or was it released some time before Steam came along?

And God forbid they port '06 to the PC. They'd have to do some major overhauls to the game, and then some. Of course, were talking about SEGA here.... :P

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    2K6 was going to get a PC port, but the god-awful reception the game got shuttered that pretty quickly. (Not 100% that's how the story went, but we at least have evidence that it was in the cards at some point, and frankly, that excuse for shutting it down works as well as any.)

Unleashed never got a PC port. Couldn't tell you why, either.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What the hell would be the point of remaking a game that's ok that came out this generation? Hell I was just playing the game tonight, Sonic's levels are still fun, yet the controls are a bit strange to get used to after playing Generations all this time (Why X is homing attack I'll never know).

Sonic 06 is special since it's abysmal. That game would be less fixed then remade entirely. The game would hardly be recognizable if properly redone.

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]

Get in line.

17. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    You do realize that Steam's been around since Half-Life 2's release, right? It was around for years by the time Unleashed was made.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I imagine this is the first Sonic game in a while that built up enough popularity for them to warrant a PC release of some sort. That and this is the first PC release of a Sonic game to come out with the actual console version, other Sonic PC games have come out silently years later.

19. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Maybe they could bill it as Sonic Adventure 3. :v:

To be honest, I actually didn't know that. I think the first time I even heard of steam was when Minecraft and Generations came out. :P

20. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    OH GOD. RISTAR REMAKE.
    That would... I don't really need to say it, do I? Anyone's who's played this is aware of how batshit-insanely good it is.