don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Lopson

Lopson

Known bug, someone's already reported it in this thread. Things work as they should with Sonic 2's spindash.

2. bolt7

bolt7

Brilliant port and brilliant price. I've been telling customers at work to pick up 400MS points and get this remake throughout my shift today. It's very true to the original and the new menu system / aspect ratio makes it even better. Hopefully it'll sell well and we'll see more of this from SEGA; I think I speak for everyone when I say Tax should be given the chance to work on the Sonic IP again, this is fantastic. =P

3. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    I got to download it on my brother's 360, and I must say that this is the best remake of a Sonic game I've ever played thanks to all the visual improvements, inclusion of both soundtracks and all the other new stuff. Well done, Tax! I would love to see you work with Sega like this again. ;>

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Game cleared on Android. I only ran into some annoyances where my screen would stop responding to inputs, causing more crushing cylinder deaths or falls into the pit in Metallic Madness 3 than I would have liked, but I still managed to drag my hide through the stage and murder Robotnik.

Best (and only) $2 I've ever dropped on Android Marketplace. Damn shame this game is getting downvoted because the server is being manhandled from all the downloads.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've never noticed this issue because I'll be damned if I'm ever going to use the SCD spindash.

Ugh

6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Something I love about this port is how consistent it is with the game's look and feel. The menus don't feel slapped on or out of place, everything looks as if it were intended to be played on the SEGA CD. I love the effort that went into this, the same can't be said about previous ports and remakes or Sonic 4. Great work, Christian.

7. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Right, can someone tell me where to find the Metal Sonic projector in Metallic Madness Act 1?

8. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Loving the iOS port - the controls are great, way better than any homebrew emulator I've used. And I'm really digging the Tidal Tempest music (it's the first time its made it into the US (officially.))

9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Contest results are in! Boy, they sure humbled me. Beautiful stuff. Thought I had a chance after Black Knight's abysmal turnout, how did this dinky little thing attract so many talented artists? I wonder how many of them weren't created before the contest was announced? Rokkan's sure was, but oh well!

10. Cyberblade

Cyberblade

Can't catch me ya bastard! Member
    Ohio
    Sonic Shift
    Never made one of these before, but sorta felt like it after I just hit "Retry" again, figured I'd kill the time waiting for it to download and describe what basically happened to me last night trying to install the game on my Droid 2. :V

[​IMG]

Still waiting to play... Ah well, shit happens, nobody could have expected the initial demand to be quite this high.

11. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    There isn't any Metal Sonic projector in Metallic Madness.

12. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    That's probably more an Android issue than Taxman's fault for the record. Android devices in general don't handle as many points of multitouch as Apple devices do, and many times even when the hardware can support more simultaneous touches the firmware doesn't. It's kind of the same thing as what happens if you hold down too many keys on your computer keyboard.

I wonder if anyone at SEGA has through of releasing a bluetooth Genesis controller now that they're finally releasing some serious games for mobile.

13. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Yeah. It's funny, at first this puzzled me, then I realized that Metal Sonic is defeated in Stardust Speedway :v:

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Wow! Europe and America has some really talented artists, I love almost all of them. Mexico on the other hand are absolutely shite by comparison, alot of their work looks like it was done by spastics with crayons.

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Someone in the comments of the contest is saying they were e-mailed that the prizes will be given out in January. I can understand the soundtrack CD but can they not just send a download code of your choice over by e-mail? Guess I could use this as an excuse to double dip as I mainly want it on PS3 but have none of the other formats it's on...unless I decide to sign up to Steam.

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
  17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Been at work so not really had a lot of time to play, bar messing about in Time Attack. Just got all the Time Stones in Quarts Quadrant Act 2, and they were fucking tough! Sonic was a bit too floaty in the special stages, maybe they could tone that down via a patch- it seemed a bit odd. Anyway, Taxman, after waiting for so friggin' long for this game and having followed all your previous projects, I have to really congratulate you. Well done buddy, you made it big time, and you helped give us Sonic fans something awesome. You've really helped develop this in to something special, even compared to the originals, and there's so many ingenious touches.

I'd also of course like to thank SEGA and the Sonic Team, because they've actually been pretty loose about all this, and shown tha they're still awesome, giving us secret artwork, building upon an old title and breathing in new life to it and taking real critiscm. It must have been hard for the team to go back to one of their products, go to a fan-turned-collaborator and ask for help. Despite some flaws in the past. This, Generations, Colours and Sonic 4 have all been major step ups, and I can honestly, one hundred percent say that Sonic is back in top form.

Definitely looking forward to future projects, including Sonic 4, and I hope that you you get to work with SEGA more Taxman.

Edit; regarding the contest, one of the top 5 had done a previous bit of art before which I've been in love with for a while, so I thought I'd share it here seeing as it isn't in the competition;
    http://ellavega.deviantart.com/art/Save-the-Land-202493192?q=boost%3Apopular%20Sonic%20CD%20little%20planet&qo=20

18. Sploit

Sploit

I'm in the Top 50 for Europe in the fan art contest :v:

really pleased cause my drawing was far from finished, so I did not expect to get anywhere, nice surprise :v:

19. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Wait wait wait wait. What? Where did I ever say that I didn't like Sonic CD? It's really fun. It's at least in my top 5 for the series. I'm not that good at it (getting the good ending? Yeah, that's never happening), but I have the same problem with any classic Sonic game (besides Sonic 1).
    I really want to play it on Gems Collection now. I might go do that.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Here come the US XBOX 360 codes, fellow top 50'ers. Just got an e-mail from SEGA.