don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

That's okay Dark Sonic, I've got 22 seconds on the Gems version, I'm sure I can rack that up here on the faster, more nimble version of Sonic CD :v:

2. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uVimG31vZY[/youtube]

Probably just a fluke of the way Taxman's engine handles some routines. It just threw me for a loop because I'm so accustomed to snaking back up with that red springpad :P

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I lost my shit at "DAMMIT"

Totally unexpected.

4. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    You should have heard me as I've been arguing with:

- The special stages
    - trying to cancel warping when the icon starts flashing
    - trying to get into that little room at the bottom left of the bouncy-floor area at the beginning of Wacky Workbench Act 2

All of my hate. :I lol

EDIT: Also, WOW, the screen wigs the f*** out at the end of Stardust Speedway Act 3 when you beat metal sonic :o

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Oops, king of Palmtree Panic Act 1 again! Subject to change.

6. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Was playing it on iOS yesterday and on Collision Chaos Act 3 I noticed this:

[​IMG]

Is it just me or is the background upside down or has it always been that way? I'd check on real hardware I just can't be bothered to drag my Mega CD out.

7. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Just popping in to say this is an amazing port, and something I hope SEGA pays attention to in future. This is the way to please a fanbase.
    Bought it straight away on 360 yesterday, then today bought it on iOS for £1.49. They've really nailed the price points on this. Fantastic.
    SO fantastic in fact, I've already gifted the iOS version to 5 of my friends. It's christmas time after all! Also, I got an email today saying I've won in the Sonic CD art competition. I thought all the winners had already been contacted? Glad I held off on posting my art somewhere. Now I'll have another copy to gift someone!

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It's always been that way. At the very top of the stage is a somewhat shorter version of the background at the very bottom of the stage, but upside-down.

9. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I thought as much. Can't help but look at it as upside down now. It'll now bug me until the end of time.

10. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    For reference, here's a quick shot of the GameCube port:
    [​IMG]
    Also, it seems like the menu on the new Sonic CD port uses the sound effects from Sonic Gems Collection. If that's true, it's a nice touch.

11. MDave

MDave

Head Ninja Member
    North Wales
    BladeBattles - Indie PC game.
    Good luck with fixing the download problem! I still havn't been able to successfuly download it, the furthest the download has got for me is 5 of 8 / 20 of 100.

Not fair loads of people are rating it 1 star on the Android market because of it, most likely because they can't refund after 15 mins because of the download time. I mean really? They want to refund their £1.50 so bad, when they know it will eventually be fixed? Baaaahh!

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Just popping in to say GREAT port Christian! I bought it for the PS3 and sisters iPhone (not that I'll play that version) to do my bit to boost sales. I'm glad everyone else seems to be eating this up, because the more people that buy it means we're getting closer to the day we can all say "holy shit! I'm playing an officially released new classic game!". Sucks penis that Desert Dash and Final Fever didn't make it, they would have been the sweetest surprises!

P.S. Love the little touch in MM3 when the lazer sound from Sonic 3K is used.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Just gave it a shot on my X10 Mini, it runs fairly well, 60FPS most of the time but it's not as consistent as I'd want it to be (Some frame skipping would be good as the game seems to slow down with framerates lower than 60), and it's a neat thing that the game automatically detected the hardware back key and used it as a jump button, I thought I would need to remap that key myself and mess with that each time I wanted to play CD, visually the game also looks very good, most games I've played on my X10 Mini actually play at higher resolutions and downscale, instead CD plays natively at 320x240.

One bug I noticed is that there were some layering issues with the background in the first special stage (can't take a screenshot right now)

The touchscreen menu is also a bit too sensitive, I keep sliding along the menu when I mean to pick an option.

*EDIT* Out of curiosity, does the Android version make use of GPUs? *EDIT*

14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Woot !! ! first place score !
    [​IMG]

15. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    In their minds, those other 9 are adding a t at the end of your name now.

16. jackelbeaver

jackelbeaver

Aw yeah 18th best time in wacky workbench act 1. (47 seconds)

Anyone else ever feel like stardust speedway should have been before WWZ? in terms of difficulty scaling it always felt like an odd spot for that stage where it was.

Also if there ever is DLC for Sonic CD, I would totally love to have some sort of Hard Mode difficulty dlc that alters ring placement and adds attacks to some of the bosses. Palmtree Panic, Wacky Workbench are both pretty lacking because eggman ever does anything to you, same for the top layer of collision chaos, I like that when you're up there you can jump mash to kill him but the fact that just standing there doesn't punish you always seemed weird to me.

Tidal Tempest, Quartz Quadrant, and Metal Sonic I never had any problem with. (though maybe having something to watch out for during the tidal tempest chase buildup might have added something significant to it?)

Metallic Madness Boss always felt like he should have had some last ditch attack at the end. A big boy version of the laser fireflies would probably be appropriate. (doesn't help that the last 3 rings placed in that end zone kind of trivialize the firefly and eggman encounters in that zone....also I always thought it would be cute if there was a fight with the spike arms version of the egg walker right before the fireflies. that'd be a nice buildup. (spike arms walker -> fireflies -> ball roller boss -> last ditch eggman attack?))

also durr everyone wants knuckles dlc and desert dazzle & final frenzy dlc.

17. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    There should be a "retry" or "restart" option in the pause screen.

Something seems wrong with the speed-shoes... you can't get up to maximum speed unless you're running, but I thought you used to be able to hit max speed even in the air as you held right/left...

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    ya the speed shoes in time attack for palm tree panic zone 1 work ok,
    but in the normal game they don't seem to work well.
    there was one more zone the problem appears in, cant remember which one off the top of my head.

19. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    No, there's definitely something wrong with the speed shoes... im doing time attack now, and both PP act 1 and 2 they don't do dick whenever I'm jumping. You also immediately lose speed when you jump if sonic's legs were in their figure 8....

20. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I changed the setting to sonic 2 spindash and the shoes work correctly.....