don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Were there any questions that got completely omitted out of the interview? Also, I was very glad to see that question about picking up other Sonic fan projects so thanks for asking that.

2. I'm always interested in how my articles are received! Actually, when I learned that the Sonic CD remake was spearheaded by a member of this board, I made sure to sign up so that I could follow any developments that might turn up. Plus, clearly I dig Sonic anyway, and I'm not crazy (yet).

Glad you liked that one! :) I didn't cut any questions out of the interview, but I kicked myself later on for not asking about the bonus stages. Would have been cool to hear about how they were done in the remake, though we might not have gotten a very detailed answer. I also wanted to ask about what it's like making games for such a divided and difficult to please fanbase, but I decided to hold off on that till I grill him about Sonic 4: Episode II next year.

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Kind of interesting how much the gaming press pays attention to Sonic Retro. There's been more than a few times I've read an article from some gaming site that links to a post from this forum. Goes to show how much importance this site has on the Sonic fandom nowadays. I think there's only been one instance where I've seen a Sonic Stadium article get referenced on a major gaming site and I dunno about TSSZ. I think I might have seen an article get referenced, but I really don't know. If an article did get referenced, it must have been pretty unmemorable. >_>

4. Welcome EastX!
    I stlll like Ken's response. No one else? The coyness, the smile, personally it turned me on a little and I'm not even attracted to men.

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I didn't exactly spring, but it was a genius reply nonetheless and I chuckled. Regardless, his response was probably payback for that one misreport that involved Balough wayback.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It was a nice way to say "You're a moron." Very clever. It's like one of those advertorials.

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Hey there Eastx
    There is a Picture in your interview that interests me. especially as a metal sonic fan.
    its labeled
    Original design sketch for Metal Sonic
    I was wondering if you have a larger copy on hand, this interests me very much as a 3D modeler.
    also, I wonder what is the story behind this sketch?
    I really like this version of metal sonic as it seems very similar to the sonic CD Japanese box art, which my 3D avatar had been based on.
    [​IMG]

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    http://blogs.sega.com/2011/11/18/sonic-cd-fanart-update-how-to-draw-metal-sonic/

It's an original production sketch from Sonic CD, if not a slightly less finalized version of the design.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So why is the Sonic CD soundtrack unavailable on the US iTunes store?

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    u mad?

I put a lot of thought into that, and decided that I believe it to be true. I will rephrase it to be more flexible.

It wasn't in today's PSN store update, and there are only 2 more updates for that this year. Unless they changed their mind about December, there is now more evidence to support those dates. In Ken's interview, he mentioned that the mobile versions 'usually' release a week before the console versions, which is what happened with Sonic 4. If we take his word on that to be their intention for this release, then it can be used to further confirm or deny this estimate. If the mobile versions are released this week, then maybe we can expect the console ones next week. But if they're released next week, then we'll know I was accurate.

However, I'm surprised that they haven't announced an official date yet. ChuChu Rocket, Daytona, Super Monkey Ball 2 (iOS) were all announced within 2 weeks of release. Do they intend to just plop this into the stores without any advance notice?

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Is this gonna have avatar awards? Pretty much every SEGA Arcade title since Sonic Adventure has been doing this.

Also I hear there are going to be Sonic and Metal Sonic gamerpics.

12. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I just want to know when the Steam version is getting released.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Would you all relax? They'll talk when they'll talk. In the meantime, just go play the original to warm up or something.

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I haven't played SCD just in anticipation for this, so it'll be a bit fresher when it does come out. :v:

15. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Same here.

Anyone think that 640x480 resolution is possible to use on the PC version? I know it was in the Retro Sonic demo from 07.

16. I asked Ken, but didn't receive a straight answer.

17. I found this odd when announced as Sonic Generations Related Avatars and Themes: http://blogs.sega.com/2011/12/06/sonic-generations-psn-themes-xbl-avatar-items-this-week/

Notice the Classic Amy?

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While they oddly are not related at all in terms of which games the costumes are associated with, you make a good point. Perhaps we'll see more tomorrow?

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The Classic Amy came with my Generations Pre-Order. Can't redeem it because I'm male. So the code just sits there until Dec 31st when it becomes invalid.

Anyway, currently Time Attacking in GEMS Collection and I can't do this through the wall thing that this guy beats the stage with. Anyone know how to do it?

EDIT: Or if it's not possible just tell me and I'll stop.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Heeey JaxTH, Since your code is a US one, I'll take the amy rose dlc code off your hands if you don't got any plans for it. I can give it to my sister's account that way it doesn't go to waste.

PM me if your interested.