don't click here

Bilingual speaker in Spanish or Portuguese Needed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Hey, we're currently looking for someone who is fluent or native in both English AND Spanish or Portuguese to help us pilot a Sonic Retro project over the next month or so. We'll need you to do a few hours a week of translating written pieces as an experiment, so strong language skills are a must. We would prefer someone who speaks either Brazilian Portuguese or Latin/South American Spanish, but are willing to work with European speakers of those two languages.

If you are interested, please contact me directly over PM with times you are usually on Sonic Retro.

2. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Hey guys, thanks for all the interest I've received about this, but I have to sit on my hands for a little bit while I speak with Facebook.

I guess I'm smarter than Mark Zuckerberg because I'm the first person apparently to want to try what I want to try. Seems weird.

3. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    I don't know if you already got someone but I'm argentinian and I speak spanish, it's my native language. I want to cooperate in what you need. :)

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Facebook? What does this have to do with facebook? o.O

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All will be revealed soon enough.

How soon depends on the Book of Faces. :colbert:

6. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Retro will become a new social network, didn't you know? Oh boy it will have those Facebook stuff like "Share" and "Like", and will have the timeline, you will add people that you've met for like, 5 minutes on the real life... etc.

Retrobook

I request Scarred Sun to change her name to

Scarred Sunkerberg

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    She said it was something Facebook didn't expect, not something Facebook does every second =P

8. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I am interested... I'm Chilean and Spanish is also my native language...

9. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    OK, I've sent out PMs to Spanish-English speakers, as we chose to move forward using Spanish. If you are a member in good standing and still interested, please let me know.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just wondering, why the interest in Latin Spanish over Castilian Spanish?

11. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    It's a geographical consideration—when tracking Retro activity, the amount of Latin Spanish speakers dwarfs Castilian ones. Likewise for Brazilian Portuguese.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh, that makes sense.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Eh, my native language is spanish (Chile), so I guess I can try to help.

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I could swear I saw the Sonic 4 post at the front page today in Spanish. Then I refreshed and it appeared in English. How do I view the Spanish version then?

EDIT: I tried in chrome and it redirected me to the /es version. That's pretty cool. I dunno why in Firefox it sends me to the english version after refreshing though.

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    :ssh:

16. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    I'm glad that you considered me to help. :) But I do have a problem because the link is broken. It says the 'Page is Broken'. I try refreshing it but still no luck.

17. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

I'm up for it, if still available.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    For those of you involved, I'd like some feedback on the post TimmiT put up today, mostly since I know Spanish is different in almost every location it's spoken in. Thanks in advance!

19. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I'm not sure if I'm "involved", but it needs just a bit more proof-reading.

Most of that is just typos anyway. So no biggie, it's completely readable, and I'm glad to see something like this being worked on. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

20. Montblanc

Montblanc

It has something that makes it difficult to understand at the end too, because in Spanish we don't use the 's to talk of something that is property of someone, and in that way seems that "Boxer Hockey" is the name of the author. Instead of "(que fue creado por Boxer Hockey's Tyson Hesse.)" a more accurate translation will be something like "visto en la web de Tyson Hesse "Boxer Hockey" (seen on the web of Tyson Hesse "Boxer Hockey") or "creado por Tyson Hesse y publicado en Boxer Hockey" (created by Tyson Hesse and published on Boxer Hockey).

I'm glad to see that you want to try to reach people with other lenguages too :) I can help but only for the Spain variation of the lenguage, if aid is needed for it.