don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I've just bought 2000 ms points in anticipation for this. I just hope that the temptation doesn't arise to buy something else before SCD is released. I'm surprised that there's no release date yet, and not in the good way. :(

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I hate microsoft points. I'm left with 100 of them right now and nothing to buy with them. Fucking ms points :argh:

3. You need to totally check out the indie games. Seriously. There's a lot of great 80 point games.

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Also got my top 50 letter. Wa-chow

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I like how I don't have to mess with points on PSN or Steam. Of course, when PSN got hacked, that was pretty frightening. >_> I have like 3,200 Wii points and have no idea what to ever do with it. Hopefully I can transfer it over to the Wii U. Anyways, I wonder how much is going to be charged. Hopefully no more than $10, but $5 would be really nice price tag for this game. I originally strongly disliked the idea of paying more than $5 but with all the effort put into it, it certainly wouldn't be a bad deal. $15 would be ridiculous though since it is a really old game from a 4th generation console.

6. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    To be honest with the hype I'm growing with this game, I think I wouldn't even mind paying $20 but I highly doubt it'll be that steep. Still a shame I can't enjoy this on the go on a 3DS, even if it doesn't have that 3D fancy. Also, please no december 31st release.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I hope not all of the Top 50 emails have been sent. :(

8. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Well now I'm curious. I don't think I've ever seen this. Someone care to point me to a video where I can view this?

9. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    So what? Are the Time Stone are now useless, or that they expect that you do both the stone collection and the machine destruction to get the good ending?

10. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    It's the latter. You can do either, or indeed neither, but to get both the trophies in one playthrough you have to destroy all the machines before you get the last Time Stone.

11. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

So is is just art contest entrees from America getting e-mails so far?

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The Time Stones could always be rendered useless if you destroyed all the Eggman's Machines. :ssh:

13. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    That was true in the final version of the Sega CD version, but in the 712 proto, you had to do both to get the good ending. This remake is reverting to the old 712 behavior, likely to make it more challenging.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Where did they say that getting the Time Stones is not giving you the good ending now?

I thought they were just adding an achievement for destroying the machines in the past, and that was it. Is there something I've missed?

15. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Oh, I may have misinterpreted it, sorry. I thought people were talking about how to get the good ending, not achievements.

16. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    The time stones are still there for you to collect in order to get the good ending the "easy way", as well as the usual destroy all Eggman's Machines without the time stones to get the good ending. The only challenge or difference is if you want to obtain both achievements at the same time in 1 single playthrough.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Not for nothin', but I always found travelling to the Past era and destroying the robot-making machine to be a hell of a lot easier than getting all seven Time Stones. Those later special stages are a bitch; the later robot-making machines, on the other hand, are a cinch to find.

18. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    They should divide the Achievements as follows:
    • Future Maker: Destroy all Robot Transporters in a single playthrough.
    • Freedom Fighter: Destroy all Metal Sonic Holograms in a single playthrough.
    • Treasure Hunter: Collect all Time Stones in a singe playthrough.
    • Time Savior : fulfill the requirements for "Future Maker", "Freedom Fighter", and "Treasure Hunter" all in a single playthrough.

19. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    You people need to keep in mind that PSN updates on Tuesdays and XBL on Wednesdays. Considering that they managed to do some of their other multi-platform releases in the same week, and they promised December, this narrows things down quite a bit. Depending on your console of choice, there are only 3 possible release dates remaining. (Not counting Mobile or PC releases, since those aren't updated on a fixed schedule.) I don't own an Xbox, so I don't follow their store, but the Playstation store does not update the week after XMAS. (You can refer to their update history to see that.) Their last big digital release (Daytona USA) had it's release date announced about two weeks in advance.

Given these facts, it's coming to PSN on [or before] December 20th and XBL on [or before] December 21st. There, done. Best of all, if I'm wrong you won't be disappointed.

Edit: Added [or before] to help you understand that this is a prediction and not fact. In past years, the PSN store was not updated during the week between XMAS and New Years, leaving only 2 remaining possible dates as of today.

20. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    22nd is my when I turn 21- I hope it does come out then! :D