don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Jean-Paul Baptiste is the singer, not Alex.

2. And to be fair, Jean-Paul uses a vocoder, not autotune. :P

3. Happened to me too. So I'm not alone. I left it running for 30+ mins and it didn't stop xD

4. I'm playing the PC version and I've gotten it to run pretty smoothly at the lowest resolution (glorious 640 x 480) but I can't get the aspect ratio right, it's stretched vertically.

Here's a screencap of my settings.

[​IMG]

I tried both widescreen and letterbox and it didn't make a difference. The other resolution options are:

1366 x 768
    1280 x 600
    1024 x 768
    1366 x 768
    800 x 600

I would use a higher resolution but the framerate's too choppy.

Also, I'm not much of a PC gamer so I don't know, can I upgrade my graphics card on my laptop? Here's the specs.

[​IMG]

Also I can't find a way to disable rumble/vibration on my 360 controller (on PC).

5. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The PC version's two biggest problems are a crashy mission, and this. The second one almost IS gamebreaking, and at the very least it's rage-inducing.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    MP3 used for this? I'd rather not transcode from a Youtube video...

EDIT: Just noticed it's under a semi-official Youtube account - and has a new ending section. Not a fanrip then =P

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    No.

Most likely, it's onboard- soldered to the motherboard; you're not replacing that.

If it isn't, it's a miniPCIE card; that could hypothetically be replaced, but you'd need to find a better miniPCIE card which was compatible with your motherboard and fit your laptop's heat/power budget. And it has to physically fit inside the laptop in place of the old one. It's not likely to happen.

8. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I actually only have that issue in Seaside Hill and Chemical Plant, all of the other levels play fine even after extended periods of time.

Chalk it up to the hardware/software profile lottery :v:

And I actually forgot about the quickstep issue which happens on DirectInput gamepads, that's not gamebreaking but it is speedrun-breaking.

9. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Ouch! That sucks.

Only after getting the game, I finally figured out which one of my laptop's specs is lower than the minimum requirements, while all the others are, to my knowledge, at least on par with the minimum requirements.

The recommended Processor is "Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz"

I've got an "Intel Core i5 @ 2.30 GHz".

...SO close! :argh:

I messed around with DXWind last night to force windowed mode. A part of me wants to think it makes a small bit of difference, but the rest of me knows better. :v:

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    If modders can make a low-poly version like they did with TF2, you might be able to run it.

At least my ancient 2005 laptop can get 15 FPS in TF2 with a tiny little screen with N64 models.

I even won several rounds using it. Apparently not having special effects improved my aim!

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It's your video card that is slowing down the game. Your processor is fine, the game will run full speed with a Core2Duo.

PS. Windowed mode will make you lose performance because then it has to deal with rendering the game, plus all the background shit you have.

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    You're not below the minimum, you're below the recommended. It only requires "Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 2 GHz or AMD equivalent". Damn near anything with two cores can run it.

When trying to see what specs on your PC will and won't play nicely with a particular game, this tool can really come in handy.

13. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Also, to squeeze every last drop of RAM out of your PC, use Game Booster 3.0 which "temporarily shuts down background processes and unnecessary Windows services, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance, Game Booster 3 concentrates every little system resource for gaming only

It works pretty well for me (especially as I have loads of [compatible with each other] anti-malware stuff on - and more [eg. Secunia, Rocket Dock, ObjectDock, etc.)

14. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    Weird that the letterbox option doesn't work...
    You could try to set up custom 16:9 resolutions such as 640x360 or 800x450 and try to make the game use those.
    For AMD/ATI graphics, this requires a bit of registry editing, followed by a reboot of Windows. Don't worry, it's fairly simple. Here is a how-to text, or video if you prefer. Alternatively, this little program should do the registry editing for you.

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    3:09... Dear lord that riff is sexy. This song makes me wish it was used again in a proper final boss fight ;-;

Also this is the greatest thing

[​IMG]

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Who made this godly picture?

17. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Why does he have a strange lump in his eye?

18. gold lightning

gold lightning

After looking closer I think that lump is actually just the glare of the eyeglass.

19. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sonic looks like a fucking pimp in that picture!

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Is that official art? I love it.