don't click here

Sonic Generation Art Show

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    http://sonicgenerationart.com/

So apparently there's an art show in Philadelphia, PA called the "Sonic Generation Art Show" that's coming along around December 2 and will last throughout then to the end of December. To quote the website itself..

[​IMG]

Tons of really neat pieces of artwork being shown (such as this one shown above); anyone near Philly gonna go?

2. Tanks

Tanks

That right there is one fucking posh Dr. Robotnik...

3. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    Look closely at his outfit.
    He beat Sonic and Tails.

4. That is terrifying.

Him wearing Sonic & Tails certainly doesn't make it any less terrifying.

5. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    The Study is so damn sophisticated. And thankfully there's only a "mere flesh wound".

6. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    I'm a 30 minute train ride away from Philly, and from the station it's just a 20 minute walk. I actually know exactly where this place is, and I've passed it a few times. Hells yeah, I'm going to this. :)

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It really irked me how professional illustrators are always churning out stylish and ironic Mario fan art, like he's the only guy who deserves it. We're back on track.

Wasn't expecting Kustom Kulture Sonic!

8. Wow... holy crap. I actually kind of want to fly out to Philly for the weekend. I have a couple of free roundtrip flights on my credit card for Southwest. If they fly to Philly, I'm pretty sure I need to do this.

EDIT: Yep, they do. I so have to do this. If there's any local Retro'ers, please PM me! I'd love to figure out tips on how to get a good hotel room that's close to the show.

9. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I work an hour from Philly and live 2 hours from Philly, if I can find someone willing to ride down with me I might check it out.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I will definitely try and go to this sometime next month. About time some real artists showed their love for Sonic like they always do for Mario.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't think a ride to philly will be out of the question while Im in NY getting shit done. I'll see if I can make it!

12. Wait, five TV shows? AoStH, SatAM, Underground, X, and...? The OVA, maybe?

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

This is really neat. Loving all these events that have been happening this year, but this is possibly the coolest.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    they made a similar art show in Spain earlier this year, in June, to celebrate 20th anniversary.
    you can see the photos of the show in this website

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/57607/exposicion-visiones-de-sonic-en-su-20-aniversario/

I thin the philladelphia one is quite better. In the spanish one there were too much abstract art pieces who I don't think have much to do with Sonic, at all.

15. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I sort of do not get it. Everything there is sub-par Deviant Art quality.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  17. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Gotta love handicapped artists. Sometimes you got all that vision bottled up inside someone who can't express it normally. And these people express it anyway.