don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    No lyrics really does blow, but it's a small price to pay for getting the proper soundtrack into the game itself, personally. Plus it means we get karaoke versions of the songs, which AFAIK haven't ever been made before.
    Of course it is. That guy is full of it.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I guess Keiko Utoku and whatever contract she had at the time are to blame here.

Think of it as a Karaoke mode! :v:

3. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    If her voice isn't on the remake, then I wonder what that means for the Game Over theme which is essentially Toot Toot Sonic Warrior slowed down.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That could be considered as a sample, like many others that can be found in Sonic CD's soundtrack. She never got credit for the Game Over music, after all.

5. The only thing about the vocal-less intro is that it makes it drag on a little longer it seemed. Like there was really nothing to follow along to, which is what I'm used to doing with both versions of the intro.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Now I'm curious where did we get the confirmation that we would have a vocal-less intro/outro?

I'm sure it has been mentioned before and I'm not saying it's wrong but I'm lazy to search all 75 pages here. :P

7. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member

I just want to believe it's not true. I mean, WHY? EVERYTHING WAS GOING SO BEAUTIFULLY FOR US, AND THEN THIS HAPPENS.

What ever happened to "NO COPYRIGHT LAW IN THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO STOP ME," Sonic?

8. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Kail played the game on a tablet at an in-store kiosk at Gamestop.

You should trust Kail, because he's awesome like that.

Also, I'm surprised that there were even any people willing to believe the S4E2 rumor, it was literally like one of those "a friend of a friend told me this" types of rumors.

Oh, and Taxman, do you know how much this game will cost? I'm guessing you probably can't say yet even if you do know, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

9. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'd like to know this too please.

Also, when in December is it gonna come out?

10. You should trust Kal, because its true.

I previously recorded footage of me playing said demo, but the gameplay part of the video was quite sad, so I didn't upload it. Especially when someone else beat me to it anyway.

BUT one of the things I DID record well was the Intro. So here it is. You also get a special surprise when you watch it.

What is it?
    You get to see me for the first time in person. 0.0

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I dunno; he was a little too loose-lipped in the early days of this project's announcement, correct? I'm not sure I want to badger him into letting out details that are probably better left to the Sega higher-ups.

12. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    That's not a karaoke version of the original song. That's a lousy cover that doesn't do the original justice. I almost (almost) wish we got Sonic Boom instead, except come to think of it not really.

But hey. One shit streak doesn't make a pair of underpants unwearable, right?

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, that was quite a bit disappointing. Sounded really midi-esque. So, who's gonna go out of their way to hack the game upon release, learn the formats for the videos, and then edit the openings and endings with the proper music? :v:

But really, I don't guess it will bother me too much. The rest of this port is gonna be flipping great, so there! Plus, using visual mode and adding Tails makes it all the better, so I guess I could push that one problem aside.

14. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    I know it's a bit of a bummer that the vocals had to be left out. It's definitely not something due to laziness or something silly. I couldn't tell you the circumstances, but at least from my understanding there are some rights associated with the lyrics themselves.

My guess is that since Casey Rankin is no longer alive, there might be problems negotiating the use of the lyrics outside of Japan. Please, don't take this as gospel though since I don't work in legal.

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    If this could be done, does that mean that the U.S. soundtrack could be included without vocals, as well?

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    It's a shame there's so many licensing issues with this game's music. Maybe someone will be able to hack in more music options. >_>

17. Steven M

Steven M

So are we going to get a decent copy of that Crush 40 cover anytime soon?

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

The Sonic CD 20th Anniversary OST comes out in around a week, so soon enough.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Custom soundtracks, annoying though they may be, will make this simple enough for the console version. You probably won't want to change tracks every time you time travel, but still. On the PC version you might be able to just swap files.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Jesus, I never liked You Can Do Anything but that is even worse.

:(

And I know Taxman it's not your fault ;).

Well! At least we'll get hacks of that perfect port with the american soundtrack :P.

EDIT: Now I'm SERIOUSLY worried about what solution they found for looping the songs :*( (Seeing the midi we got sounds worse than the original song)!

I think converting all US songs to midi is a worse option, really.